Cost of Using a Nexus 7 with LTE in Bangkok

DogNo1

I am planning on buying a 2013 model Nexus 7 with LTE and plan on buying a SIM card for it at MBK when I arrive this winter. My hope is to use the LTE for my Internet connection in places where there is no WiFi available so that I can read my New York Times, Kindle books and Zinio magazines wherever I go. Here in Tokyo, I use my Softbank iPhone 5 to read my stuff and stream news and music from PBS as well at the same time. I end up paying about $60 per month for the service. What would the cost in Bangkok be? Are cell phone signals strong enough to penetrate the various Bangkok buildings? Is it possible and practical to use the LTE frequently for my Internet access? Thanks. smile.png

If your Softbank iPhone is unlocked and can accept a different SIM you could use it here in Thailand on 3G/2100 MHz (same same as Softbank). DTAC and AIS have reasonable broad 3G access on 2100 MHz. In-building penetration, and signals to upper floors of taller buildings can vary quite a bit as you can imagine.

We have limited LTE here, just TrueMove H in select areas on 2100 MHz.

We do have broad 3G, on 850 and 2100 MHz which will suffice for your applications.

Cost depends on usage, with pre-paid monthly usage plans of 1 GB/450 Baht up to 5 GB/1,000 baht. These plans have their speeds throttled to 64 - 384 Kbps for continued unlimited internet access once you reach your fair-use cap.

Not sure when/if the new N7 will be available here.

Edited by lomatopo

I use true 3g with LTE, still have to see the first LTE sign on my phone, and yes its an LTE version. Even in Asoke or Siam, just 3G. Maybe True have it in their own office.....

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does the nexus. 7 have aREMOVABLE SIM WHEN changing countries or NOT?

Yes. Assuming you buy a 3G/LTE variant . The WiFi-only variant, obviously, cannot accept a SIM.

FWIW, looks like TrueMove (H) will also have both the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) on/about Nov. 15.

Nexus 5 price 16,900 THB

Nexus 7 price 13,500 THB

https://droidsans.co...sells-nexus-5-7

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1