Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fool ! And dressed the way he is, with no respect for Thai culture, he was bound to get pulled up and checked. Good luck getting a syringe full of growth hormone in jail big boy !

What's Thais culture got to do with the way he is dressed,he wasn't' in a wat.He was dressed for his culture as I do.Many Thai dress the same.

More waste of Aussie taxpayers money. His dear old Mum will be all over TV saying, "he has never done this before, he is innocent"

Why,Oz govt won't help.1visit if he is lucky.Personlly,I wouldn't ask for help,tea money is the answer..Probably to late as in the media already.

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Excuse me but you don't seem to a have clue what you're on about.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

not even going to bother correcting you further,

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

I know first hand of two women who were raped on K in the UK. It is a hallucinogen however it is also a dissociative, an anaesthetic and people who take too much can't even walk or talk (or see reality) never mind kick people's heads in.

I've been familiar with it since the last century, before it was a controlled substance (this happened in 2005 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-change-to-the-misuse-of-drugs-act-1971-to-make-ketamine-a-class-c-controlled-substance-and-place-it-in-schedule-4-part-1-of-the-misuse-of-drugs-regulations-2001) and people used to fly it in to the UK from India hidden in 500ml water bottles (pre liquid on flight laws).

Never heard of anyone smoking it though.. usually it's snorted, occasionally injected.

- - - - -

Sidenote - I also remember vividly a warehouse party in the late 90s that had been invaded by a group of bodybuilder gangster types in Manchester, they were mugging people and took what they assumed to be coke off someone and ingested a big line of K... they got the hell beaten out of them once it took effect.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

I know first hand of two women who were raped on K in the UK. It is a hallucinogen however it is also a dissociative, an anaesthetic and people who take too much can't even walk or talk (or see reality) never mind kick people's heads in.

I've been familiar with it since the last century, before it was a controlled substance (this happened in 2005 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-change-to-the-misuse-of-drugs-act-1971-to-make-ketamine-a-class-c-controlled-substance-and-place-it-in-schedule-4-part-1-of-the-misuse-of-drugs-regulations-2001) and people used to fly it in to the UK from India hidden in 500ml water bottles (pre liquid on flight laws).

Never heard of anyone smoking it though.. usually it's snorted, occasionally injected.

I remember the India runners too.

In London in the late 90's it was always available as what was called "liquid" for obvious reasons.

Some people made a pretty penny, it was all going well till 9/11 and the advent of liquids being banned from flights.

I knew people that were so brazen that they basically walked on to a flight to the UK with a liter Evian bottle full of the stuff.

And those were the small fry.

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

Makes me embarrassed at times like this to be Australian.

What a bunch of Sad Advertisements for Australia, assuming of course, they are all found Guilty as charged! (Of which I have no doubt, they will.)

Rock Spiders (Aussie term for Child Molesters) and Drug dealers/traffickers etc., are the lowest scum on the earth. I hope, if convicted, they will be left to rot in Thai jails.

DON'T send them back to Australia under any circumstances as the "Do-Gooders," "Bleeding Hearts" of Australian society will "spring them out of prison" in a flash.

Aside from which, just take a look at the disgusting example of "Ocker" (Australian) manhood in the above picture....would you want to have to sit alongside it on a plane back to Australia?

• Like 2

lol.

- - - - -

Sidenote - I also remember vividly a warehouse party in the late 90s that had been invaded by a group of bodybuilder gangster types in Manchester, they were mugging people and took what they assumed to be coke off someone and ingested a big line of K... they got the hell beaten out of them once it took effect.

Yes it is smoked usually with tobacco or cannabis

As well as being swalloed and is used in drink spiking

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

I don't think he would need 96 bottles of it to use on someone. This is a pretty common recreational drug in Thailand, so I'm guessing it is other places as well.

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

he was going to use nearly one thousand doses (96 bottles each 10ml) of a drug that causes hallucinations on "somebody"? xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-IItaThStW.webp alt=huh.png width=20 height=20>

I just looked online and I saw that a litre of Ketamine Liquid will make about 60 grams of powder.

also (online) i can see that they sell 1 gram of Ketamine in AUSTRALIA is about $40 - $60 (AUD) to the end-consumer.

so, this guys 96 x 10ml bottles is about a litre. = about $3,500 (AUD) ; (about £2,100 GBP, or $3,300 USD).

it seems like such a big risk for such a small business!!!

PS: if he is selling it to dealers, then he wont get as much as $40 - $60 AUD per gram!! so his profit in this scheme wont be much at all !

he was going to use nearly one thousand doses (96 bottles each 10ml) of a drug that causes hallucinations on "somebody"? xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-IItaThStW.webp alt=huh.png width=20 height=20>

I just looked online and I saw that a litre of Ketamine Liquid will make about 60 grams of powder.

also (online) i can see that they sell 1 gram of Ketamine in AUSTRALIA is about $40 - $60 (AUD) to the end-consumer.

so, this guys 96 x 10ml bottles is about a litre. = about $3,500 (AUD) ; (about £2,100 GBP, or $3,300 USD).

it seems like such a big risk for such a small business!!!

PS: if he is selling it to dealers, then he wont get as much as $40 - $60 AUD per gram!! so his profit in this scheme wont be much at all !

Yeap... A paltry profit for such a stupid risk.

"Smoked"! Nobody smokes it. Trust me.

Many try, but then they realise:

a) it doesn't work.

b ) it tastes like shit.

Edited by Gifford
  • Like 1

What's Thais culture got to do with the way he is dressed,he wasn't' in a wat.

true, we can't all wear camouflage shorts below the knees and a glock polo...

and the way your average bargirl is dressed isn't much better... (while burning a little candle for her imaginary friend the buddha before she starts her shift)...

• Like 2

What, no racist comments about how ALL Australians are drug dealers, scammers, criminals etc. !!!!! I wonder why!!!

Now if he had been a native Australian Aborigine ..................

I think I have made my point ( see earlier postings about Nigerian and Rwandan drug dealers/smugglers )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We are wandering a bit with that question. Possibly more comments if we steer back on course and

dissect the creature in question.

BTW, AAs are not a race, and neither are Nigerians or Rwanadans. One might be an ethnicity and the others nationalities? Just a thought.

Don't drive drunk. Take a cab unless you are in the LOS. In that case, perhaps consider walking. ;)

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

Yeh right Ozzies don't litter and re the rock spider we do not accept he is reeeally Australian. Having a passport just means he got in somehow.

I am sure K is popular everywhere in the world, his only chance will be 1. he owns lots of horses 2. He has money

K is like everything that is fun, moderation and understanding that it is not good for you, is the key.

when i come back in the next life im going to be a hypochondriac lesbian pony. ill spend my days being stroked by 16 yr old girls and throw a sickie once a week to get a shot of ketamin...........perfect.

You sound lonely...........laugh.png

• Like 1

when i come back in the next life im going to be a hypochondriac lesbian pony. ill spend my days being stroked by 16 yr old girls and throw a sickie once a week to get a shot of ketamin...........perfect.

You sound lonely...........laugh.png

Yes, lonely and very peculiar. If someone were to make that statement in person, I would do an about face and move out smartly.

I sometimes wonder what altered states some posters may be in. Wonder...but not too long.

• Like 1

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

Whats your point ? doesn't matter where they are from , they broke the law n got caught lol clap2.gif

Umm.... there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dansan. Before you go about calling everyone a 'jack ass' [sic], maybe you allow for the possibility that some things exist that you haven't yet seen. Yes, K can be added to smokeables. See this link, for instance: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/60764-effects-of-smoking-Ketamine

Uh Oh... Me thinks poster may not have read the posts on the link that was sent...

"I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to."

Sure, quote/read selectively if it makes you feel better. But if you try reading the other posts, you'll see some differing opinions, e.g., "I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well. I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP). Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though." I personally think these people are idiots, but that's not the point right now.

I agree... That is not the point. The point is to have a grounding of either knowledge or experience.

To randomly post a link without any other information or personal experience is kinda lame. We can all do that.

What is useful and necessary for a discussion forum like this is people to make an educated and informative post.

Blindly quoting sources, posting dubious links and basically being unable to genuinely add to a debate is and would be to completely miss the point of such a forum.

You amuse me, son. First, you quote from the link I sent to support your position (and suggest that I hadn't read the linked page). When I provide a specific quote to counter you, you turn around and question the validity of the site (which you had previously quoted from!). Can't have it both ways. Anyway, you seem to be of the school of thought that says you won't believe the moon isn't made from cheese unless you fly up there and put some moon in your mouth (i.e., personal experience as the primary source of knowledge). Sorry, I won't play that game - I need every brain cell I have. But here are some other 'official sites', if that lights your pipe, all of which saying that K is sometimes smoked with tobacco or cannabis:

http://www.druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs/list/ketamine.html

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs10/10255/index.htm

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-sante/addiction/ketamine-eng.php

This guy got caught because he was a moron. Trying to carry that much of something on an airplane in its original form? Silly

On an airplane??? Where did you get that from silly moron?

Yes. Evidently they just built a new international airport at Aranyaprathe. w00t.gif

Unbelievable rolleyes.gif

Umm.... there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dansan. Before you go about calling everyone a 'jack ass' [sic], maybe you allow for the possibility that some things exist that you haven't yet seen. Yes, K can be added to smokeables. See this link, for instance: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/60764-effects-of-smoking-Ketamine

Uh Oh... Me thinks poster may not have read the posts on the link that was sent...

"I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to."

Sure, quote/read selectively if it makes you feel better. But if you try reading the other posts, you'll see some differing opinions, e.g., "I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well. I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP). Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though." I personally think these people are idiots, but that's not the point right now.

I agree... That is not the point. The point is to have a grounding of either knowledge or experience.

To randomly post a link without any other information or personal experience is kinda lame. We can all do that.

What is useful and necessary for a discussion forum like this is people to make an educated and informative post.

Blindly quoting sources, posting dubious links and basically being unable to genuinely add to a debate is and would be to completely miss the point of such a forum.

You amuse me, son. First, you quote from the link I sent to support your position (and suggest that I hadn't read the linked page). When I provide a specific quote to counter you, you turn around and question the validity of the site (which you had previously quoted from!). Can't have it both ways. Anyway, you seem to be of the school of thought that says you won't believe the moon isn't made from cheese unless you fly up there and put some moon in your mouth (i.e., personal experience as the primary source of knowledge). Sorry, I won't play that game - I need every brain cell I have. But here are some other 'official sites', if that lights your pipe, all of which saying that K is sometimes smoked with tobacco or cannabis:

http://www.druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs/list/ketamine.html

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs10/10255/index.htm

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-sante/addiction/ketamine-eng.php

Oh my giddy aunt...

Some people just don't get it huh.

You can always throw up more links, I said before that anyone can do a lame act like that.

What takes intelligence and verve is the ability to talk from a basis of knowledge.

Being able to copy and paste does not in any way constitute a basis of knowledge, however many links you can harvest and post.

Talk from your heart, talk from experience but please do us all a favour and dont talk from that place round the back.

EDIT: And I aint yours or anyone elses "Son" sonny Jim.

Edited by dansan

With a bit of luck someone in the clink may spike his tap water with a shot before he gets passed around for some rear end action

He might get pump up in there and it won't be due to steroids !

See this is the kind of comment that should be really closely analyzed.

I mean come on... Who in their right mind writes such bile?

This unfortunate guy has now learned 2 lessons here: Never assume that crossing into LOS on land with contraband is risk free compared to air because "everybody told me so".

And he should have dressed up more anonymously,too............guys dressed like this sticks out like a sore thumb in custums everywhere in the world .