Ducati Monster 1200 S

Nickymaster

Maybe thats why the new monster isnt really lightweight its 209kg! Another disappointment for me. Well most interesting thing for us if it will be assembled locally and sold at a fair price.... looks promising due the motor is quite similar to the diavel motor. Well Let's see!

--Ducati's new-for-2014 Monster 1200 has been voted "Most Beautiful Bike on Show" on the closing day of the EICMA International Motorcycle Show in Milan.

--Powered by the Superbike-derived 1198 Testastretta engine, re-tuned for mid-range power and rideability, the new flagship of the Monster family combines a completely new frame with high-spec brakes and suspension, single-sided swing-arm and lightweight wheels, with relaxed ergonomics, including Ducati's first height-adjustable seat.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/bikes/ducati/new-ducati-is-best-on-show-at-milan-1.1605529#.UoL6lNlrlid

• Like 1

--Ducati's new-for-2014 Monster 1200 has been voted "Most Beautiful Bike on Show" on the closing day of the EICMA International Motorcycle Show in Milan.

--Powered by the Superbike-derived 1198 Testastretta engine, re-tuned for mid-range power and rideability, the new flagship of the Monster family combines a completely new frame with high-spec brakes and suspension, single-sided swing-arm and lightweight wheels, with relaxed ergonomics, including Ducati's first height-adjustable seat.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/bikes/ducati/new-ducati-is-best-on-show-at-milan-1.1605529#.UoL6lNlrlid

Do the italian bikes always win? I wonder how they do in the reliability category?

Its lovely...

Except for that stupid cowling around what I assume is the oil cooler.

If I were rich enough to buy one I would paint that black. What Ducati should have done IMHO is fit a longer belly pan cowling that extends back, below the exhaust and covering the sump, that would look much better as a colour coded item.

Do the italian bikes always win? I wonder how they do in the reliability category?

They mostly win the beauty contest. Hey, they are the most beautiful bikes!

I don't think that there is a reliability contest but a Jap bike would most probably win that one with Ducati in a close second spot!