3rd Thai single entry tourist visa?

Hello,

I hold a British passport with 2 (consecutive) single entry tourist visas which I got in Kuala Lumpur and Vientiane.

What's my chance of getting another single entry tourist visa in Malaysia or Laos?

I hope somebody can help me.

Many thanks!

I think Penang is the best place for you.They give you a visa quickly. apply and take same day.

High travel season is just started,so many people go to Vienchan to take a visa and waiting time will be very long

I think you do not need to worry

I hold a Japanese passport with 3 (consecutive) single entry tourist visas and 3(consecutive) double entry tourist visas which I got in Penang and Vientiane.

Last time (August 2013) I applied double entry tourist at Vienchan, but they refused a double entry visa and gave me a single entry visa

It will not take any longer in Vientiane to get your visa if they are busy. It will be apply morning of one day and pick-up next afternoon.

You might have to wait a little longer to get your application done. But if you get to the consular section early you can beat the crowd that comes later.

get 3 consecutive visas in Vientiane, 3 more in Camboja, 3 more in Malaysia, 3 more in Burma.. after that your passport will be all over stamped, then you get a new passport and repeat all the cicle again.. wow that is the way to go.. I did myself some years ago, but if you mind about it, better you try to apply another type of visa. I got a trouble in the border with Malaysia, around the Taleban National Park one time, they Deny my entry in Thailand, and I need to beg to immigrant agent.. was a harsh time to me, many hours (almost half a day) in the office alone, just like arrested for nothing, but after that they give me the visa, of course after a lot of question, about me and my girlfriend (actually wife). Remenber that always have a way to go. Good Luck.

Vientiane (Laos) - DEFINITELY,,, you will be fine.

They are more tough than they used to be.

basically they COUNT the amount of ENTRIES you have had (in your passport).

so,, if you had 2 Visa's, and each one is just a single entry, then you totalled TWO entries in that passport.

they start to scrutinise (in Vientiane) when you have around 4 or more entries (total).

I have 6 and I (last month) got my 7th entry at Vientiane...!! I also showed them a bank statement (from my UK bank) with a good bank balance...

I actually asked for a double entry visa,, but I only got a single entry.

they stamped a note in my passport saying that I have had too many entries...

the woman said I just need a new passport.

they DO NOT check the immigration computer to see the real amount of entries.

they are ONLY concerned with the total entries in your passport.

if you wanna be MEGA safe, then just print out a copy of your bank statement to use as a back-up measure when you hand in your application.

if youw ant to be even more safe, then do your visa application with one of the guys (on the tables outside the embassy). they will do the application and queuing and everything for you,, they can even delivery your passport to your hotel the following day (if you want).

they have their surcharge for doing this... (maybe 1,500 or 2000 baht more).

also: if you have a bank statement that you want to show, and you apply for your visa using one of the agents outside, then DO MAKE SURE you give them the statement. They are usually cocky that they dont need it... but really,, just make sure they include it,, to 100% guarantee you get approved.

but really,, 3 entries from vientiane is not a problem.

when you get to 4, then get a new passport.

or get registered in a thai language course!!

about other countries I cant comment...

but I am sure that malaysia is not as lenient.

and DEFINITELY hong kong, china, singapore are VERY STRICT!!!!!!