Thai man robs and stabs tourist in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai stabs foreigner for bumping into him on the sidewalk...Thais stab and beat foreigner for not buying their fake watches...Thai stabs foreigner for not giving up his possessions...

There seems to be a pattern here...

Good luck to all you Thai apologists...

This kind of s___t is likely to only get worse...as there are little to no consequences for such behavior...

Foreigners...are not respected in this country...

• Like 1

He went to attack police with a pocket knive!!!

When he was FINALLY arrested!!!!

Good to see police are well trained and equipped to handle pocket knive attacks

Are you suggesting that it's easy to subdue someone with a knife? Have you ever tried it?

In the west this guy would definitely not be alive. Attacking the officers with the knife was a suicide attempt. He is lucky Thai police are generally very gun shy.

According to Thai law means, 500b fine and released in the next two hours.

Exactly what law are you referring to? Are there laws here? Can anyone enforce them?

Yes they can enforce them as proven by the full jails.

I reiterate what I said before.This is a message for the government of Thailand. You keep saying you want 'high quality tourists' instead of 'low quality tourists', how about getting rid of some of the 'low quality locals' first by enforcing the law as you should and putting this kind of scum behind bars where they belong ....?!?

In the US he would have been shot.

Good for them for subduing him without killing him.

From my experience in the US, had I shot a knife wielder, I would have to articulate in court that my life or that of another was in danger. If the suspect was 30 feet away and brandishing a knife and stationary (not moving towards me), I would have a hard time defending the use of deadly force in court.

On the other hand, if he were 30 feet away and moving towards me and ignoring my commands to drop the knife and get on the ground, then I would have an easier defense using deadly force.

The Thai cops use a lot of restraint and I'm surprised that more aren't killed due to officer safety related incidents. I've not attended their police academy so I can't comment on it. It appears they did a great job making the arrest and the suspect will now have his day in court.

Don't underestimate the lethality of knives or bladed weapons. They are sold everywhere, they fit in a pocket, they do a lot of damage and they don't make noise. My advice, If someone pulls one on you and demands money, give it to them and run like heck.

Stay safe All.

• Like 1

"the police team of the Center Of Protection For Children And Women"

Why were they involved? Because of the milk-less 4 year old? Or because of the 30-year old "boy" father?

It all seems completely daft.

dont try to apply logic. leave that to the thai appologists smile.png

RE: the 70 year old German stabbed this week in Pattaya. Read reply # 32, the thai apologist said ( WAS IT JUST A SCRATCH) <deleted>, it was a knife not a back scatcher, Mr. Thai apologist. lol..

"the police team of the Center Of Protection For Children And Women"

Why were they involved? Because of the milk-less 4 year old? Or because of the 30-year old "boy" father?

It all seems completely daft.

dont try to apply logic. leave that to the thai appologists smile.png

RE: the 70 year old German stabbed this week in Pattaya. Read reply # 32, the thai apologist said ( WAS IT JUST A SCRATCH) <deleted>, it was a knife not a back scatcher, Mr. Thai apologist. lol..

I try to read posts with an open mind and not attach a label to anyone, such as Thai apologist or Mr. Thai apologist.

If I have an opposing view on a post, I attempt to present my view with as much factual information as I can and then let the readership decide for themselves as to which merits consideration.

Name calling, labeling and broadbrush alternatives didn't work for me in my past life and I've removed them from my toolbox.

One Day at a Time. Be nice. It's contagious.

I reiterate what I said before.This is a message for the government of Thailand. You keep saying you want 'high quality tourists' instead of 'low quality tourists', how about getting rid of some of the 'low quality locals' first by enforcing the law as you should and putting this kind of scum behind bars where they belong ....?!?

But, you are referring to a concept call discipline, the exercise of vision, and the practice of law and order. These are simply things that are not practiced here. There is very, very little law and order. Both the police, and the judiciary have no teeth, and almost no power. The police may be able to arrest, in an extreme circumstance, but the judiciary does not appear to have the power to convict. So, it is a toothless system. And hooligans do as they please. The remarkable thing is that there is not more crime than there is. That boggles my mind, as most societies without a deterrent quickly unravel.

In the US, the police would wait until he finished stabbing the Korean to death. Then they would call for backup. Then with a full swat team as backup they would repeatedly shoot and taze the suspect until dead.

Good post.

I HAD PROBLEMS IN THE 70,S,with spanish yobbos,trying to snatch gold from neck,and when the falklands conflict started, i was in Spain too,and was quite dangerous for english tourists as the spanish lads,seem to be Argentinan lovers.When we all stuck together and battered a few,there was no trouble. Been to Marmaris,Turkey and the turks seem to be hell bent on fighting the english too.

Thailand is much safer,trust me