Learning French ...

leniak

Hello anybody !

so, I would to try to learning french language but manyfriends of me tell that embassy is not the best place for that ....

So, if you had any idea and not so expensive of course :o , thank's for give me your informations !

did you check with alliance francaise ?

Ya, already but they have just special lesson one time every week or a personal teacher but very expesive and not ..Thai !

so I realy don't know where I can gte a place for Thai people ... :o

did you check with alliance francaise ?

Ya, already but they have just special lesson one time every week or a personal teacher but very expesive and not ..Thai !

so I realy don't know where I can gte a place for Thai people ... :o

But why bother? The French people will be speaking Arabic in 20-30 years anyway :D

Hello anybody !

so, I would to try to learning french language but manyfriends of me tell that embassy is not the best place for that ....

So, if you had any idea and not so expensive of course :D , thank's for give me your informations !

Alliance Francais is the best for french learning. I also used to learn as I was a kid. You are looking the cheaper one. I dont know if Ramkhamhaeng or Chula University has any course for foreigner. :o

i call my thai friend who was looking for french courses, said universities now have some course :

tamassat / julaa

i know a thai guy who speak fairly good french and he did the alliance francaise !

as Saothai said , i am not sure if university course can be for foreigner .

i call my thai friend who was looking for french courses, said universities now have some course :

tamassat / julaa

i know a thai guy who speak fairly good french and he did the alliance francaise !

I think LENIAK is Thai, that's why he wants a thai teacher.

I think Alliance francaise is overpriced, so maybe universities should be a better choice?!

Or maybe I can help?!

tamassat / julaa

Thank's for this adress, i will see if it is possible to learn because I looking for french class for Thai people of course !!! (not for foreigner )

I want to learn french ! :o

But why bother? The French people will be speaking Arabic in 20-30 years anyway :D

But French people are not alone speaking french, do you know ? :o

Why yes, with the exception of Quebec province and some carribean and pacific isles, who would want to visit them. The african nations will be speaking arabic soon enough and Haitis a real crummy place to vacation. :D I'm afraid the french left most places they controlled much the worse for wear.

But French people are not alone speaking french, do you know ? :o

Why yes, with the exception of Quebec province and some carribean and pacific isles, who would want to visit them. The african nations will be speaking arabic soon enough and Haitis a real crummy place to vacation. :D I'm afraid the french left most places they controlled much the worse for wear.

Ah oui vous devez apprendre le français.

le français est la langue d'amour. :D

Serious question.

Is French useful in Thailand?

My daughter is 15 and obviously is fluent in both English and Thai. In most British schools French is compulsory up to year 9, but she is now in year 10 and opted to continue with French and take it as one of her GCSE subjects. Assuming she does well, and the signs are that she will, is it worth her while going on to 'A' level and maybe further?

My thinking is that there are lots of Thais who can speak Thai and English, but how many can speak French as well; and would it be advantageous to her when we return to Thailand and she is looking for a career?

To be honest , i do not think French is necessary *!

I am French myself, but I seldom use it !

Perhaps it look good sometime to be able to converse in french !

*Nearly all diplomats persons speak French !

It is not adverse on anything to speak French ! but I will dedicate more my time toward Chinese language if I have to choose one .

It is fairly hard to learn , nearly all verb will change with the pronoun ! and you have the masculine and feminine for adjective and name .

Good luck with it.

To be honest , i do not think French is necessary *!

I am French myself, but I seldom use it !

Perhaps it look good sometime to be able to converse in french !

*Nearly all diplomats persons speak French !

It is not adverse on anything to speak French ! but I will dedicate more my time toward Chinese language if I have to choose one .

It is fairly hard to learn , nearly all verb will change with the pronoun ! and you have the masculine and feminine for adjective and name .

Good luck with it.

i know that it is not nescessary but i need to learn because i promised ot my french family to study that before I come in France !

I take care for them about a daughter here in orphenage and i need to give them some neews, they are very good with me and i want to be good with them too but how can i studyyy french ? :o

Serious question.

Is French useful in Thailand?

My daughter is 15 and obviously is fluent in both English and Thai. In most British schools French is compulsory up to year 9, but she is now in year 10 and opted to continue with French and take it as one of her GCSE subjects. Assuming she does well, and the signs are that she will, is it worth her while going on to 'A' level and maybe further?

My thinking is that there are lots of Thais who can speak Thai and English, but how many can speak French as well; and would it be advantageous to her when we return to Thailand and she is looking for a career?

France played a major role in the past in shaping Thai history. There is much documentation on Thailand in French. Moreover, it is spoken by people in diplomatic circles, as mentioned earlier, and is also spoken in many African countries as well as France and the Benelux countries and random islands. There is a big demand in the workforce for bilingual speakers of English and another European language in England and other EU countries. It's easy to do well in IGCSE French - really easy - I got a B with hardly any work - it's A Level French and IB French where the work really begins as I discovered... as there is a massive jump in the standard required.

If your daughter wants a career in Thailand, make sure her Thai writing is up to scratch. There's too many bilingual Thai and English speakers out there who can't write Thai passably. Obviously your daughter should play her strengths as well as looking to the future when choosing her A Levels.

Thanks for the reply. It's given us a lot to think about, and you're right about her Thai writing. She can read ok (thanks to the internet!) but her writing leaves a lot to be desired.