Purchasing e-ticket online for third party

raidermanca

hi everyone I live in Canada and I'm headed to Phuket direct via HK on Nov. 15. I want to buy a ticket online so that my girlfriend in Khon Kaen can meet me there, so I searched a number of sites for flights and came up with an acceptable one on Thai airways. The problem is they want the travelling passenger to produce the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in, which is obviously not possible.

The other "option" the airline provides is for the purchaser to complete a consent form and produce it at a Thai airlines ticket office along with my credit card and ID. This is also not possible as there are no ticket offices in Canada, which I found hard to believe but there we are.

I would send this lady the cash but as this will be our first meeting, I'm not willing to take that chance.

Has anyone out there managed a way around this situation? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks oldgit that's good to know for future. On that note I have used airasia a fair bit myself but recently I tried to book a flight with them in anticipation of a future visa run and couldn't get my credit card transaction to process. Made a few attempts then gave up...my bank had no explanation for it either.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done similar with Cebu Pacific Air and send GF copy of my ATM/Credit card, copy of Passport and signed authorization letter to show at airline ticket counter and it has been accepted.

what is authorization letter and did you send it via email?

Air Asia don't care if the credit card holder is a passenger or not. I have booked tickets for " friends" many times and there has never been an issue. Just book it all online.

You will need ID number, DOB, correct name - just get her to photograph her ID card and mail it to you, all the info is on that.

SDM

PS. Just noticed I was beaten to that ! Should have read the whole thread really !

Edited by SDM0712

Very recently I was in London Heathrow with time to spare, so i went to the Thai tiket desk to buy my next ticket. I saw the sign above the counter had been changed to Customer Service, which was odd because they had another customer service desk opposite next to the checkin .

Sorry sir we do not sell tickets here. says the lady

Pardon

We do not sell tickets.

So what do you do

We service tickets which you have already bought.

Great.... so i turned to the guy on the EVA ticket desk right next to her

Can you sell tickets

Yes sir, I think we can manage that.

So i bought an EVA ticket instead.

Lots of Thai staff sitting around doing nothing. 2 customer service desks, no actual service to the customer. Thainess at its best.

THAI is not a budget airline now, is it

I have just bought 2 tickets with Bangkok air for my son who is in Chiang Mai, and is coming to meet me in Koh Samui, he is back packing and doesn't have any money hence i booked the tickets for him, but now he tells me he needs my credit card to get on the plane, this is a nightmare, as obviously he doesn't have the card, but i want him to be able to get on the plane, as these flights cost me a lot, and i haven't seen him for 2 years. I have emailed bangkokair but they haven't replied, any ideas would be helpful

I have just bought 2 tickets with Bangkok air for my son who is in Chiang Mai, and is coming to meet me in Koh Samui, he is back packing and doesn't have any money hence i booked the tickets for him, but now he tells me he needs my credit card to get on the plane, this is a nightmare, as obviously he doesn't have the card, but i want him to be able to get on the plane, as these flights cost me a lot, and i haven't seen him for 2 years. I have emailed bangkokair but they haven't replied, any ideas would be helpful

Pick up the phone! Failing that, head down to the airport and present your card to the Bangkok Air desk.