Pheu Thai seeks dissolution of Democrat Party

webfact

Pheu Thai seeks dissolution of Democrat Party

PNPOL561107001000903_07112013_011612.JPG

BANGKOK, 7 November 2013 (NNT) - The Pheu Thai party submited a petition to the Election Commission calling for the dissolution of the Opposition Democrat party over their involvement in recent protests.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva led the anti-government rally to march into Ratchadamnoen Avenue, which has been covered under the Internal Security Act.

According to the ruling Pheu Thai party, his action violated section 94 of the constitution, which stipulates that the party at fault must be dissolved.

Earlier this week, the Democrat Party escalated its anti-amnesty protest by marching from Samsen, which they have occupied since October 31, to Ratchadamnoen Avenue in a move to intensify pressure on the government.

The Pheu Thai party will also hold a meeting to discuss withdrawing the drafts of amnesty and reconciliation bills. The continued revocation of the Internal Security Act will also be deliberated.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-07 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't someone say the Ratchadomoen Rd wasn't in the ISA restricted area?

Deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Pol Maj Gen Samroeng Suwannaphong said the rally site on Ratchadamnoen Road was not covered by the Internal Security Act enforced earlier
Edited by whybother
  • Like 2

I have just read two English translations of Section 94 of the Constitution, it is only concerned with elections.

But Red Shirt Thais don't/can't read so it sounds good.. propaganda :P

That's about the only thing PTP are good at.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

• Like 1

I have just read two English translations of Section 94 of the Constitution, it is only concerned with elections.

But Red Shirt Thais don't/can't read so it sounds good.. propaganda tongue.png

That's about the only thing PTP are good at.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

In addition to Propaganda may I suggest another P is coming into play ... Panic ?

Can this government get any lower?

Yes.

I have just (3 minutes ago) been told by a Thai colleague that Thaksin has "bought" some Cambodian troops and that they are on the way to Bangkok to cause trouble. There were photos on Facebook.

I am not sure whether to believe it or not. I am looking for the source now.

Edited by petedk

Yes.

I have just (3 minutes ago) been told by a Thai colleague that Thaksin has "bought" some Cambodian troops and that they are on the way to Bangkok to cause trouble. There were photos on Facebook.

I can't find any more information about this except that they are supposed to be in 15 Thai police cars heading from Don Muang now.

It's probably another one of the Facebook propaganda things.

Yes.

I can't find any more information about this except that they are supposed to be in 15 Thai police cars heading from Don Muang now.

Sounds like it too much in the open for Thaksin, he is more a back doorman.

I'm guessing they got this particular idea from a certain article written by the capital's newspaper a few days ago dry.png They're too stupid to think for themselves 'Oh look! Never thought of that!' w00t.gif Thanks K.V thumbsup.gif

Is this the man who was suspended from politics for 5 years for attempting to hand over part of Thailand to Cambodia illegally?

The same man who seems to serve as Thaksin's personal butler?

I'm sure his lawyering skills perfectly up to the job.

PTP is saying that the opposition is not permited to oppose the bill? That's a strange type of democracy for sure!!

• Like 1

Yes.

Agreed, he hasn't the balls to put his name on something like that, but then again might be more of "the poor advice" he admitted to having been given in the past few days, according to his honest upstanding son he wasn't even smart enough to not get caught cheating in university exams.

Yes.

It is a very good idea, so long as you are aspiring to become a dictator.

When your paid militia/thugs perish, there will always be bystanders to take their weapons/remove distinctive clothing, thus leaving a poor dead unarmed protester aka another martyr. As with the black-shirt militia before there was plenty of photographic evidence of their existance but not a single dead one was found. A 7.5 million payout to any family makes that a win-win situation.

The red side desperately need bloodshed again to rile emotions among the feeble minded, that will lead to more confrontations in Bangkok and allow a clampdown on the blossoming rallies. Together with some sort of forced sign propaganda around the country as we saw nearly being done last week, the impression will be of a united nation(all thanks and praise to Thaksin).

Yes.

As long as they have work permits, we can't complain !!

and 30 day visa's.