People’s court for Shinawatra family if……

Lite Beer

Roadman,

I still think you guys are missing the point. I think the "People's Court" is going to be something akin to a censure debate with one huge difference. It is going to have an audience.

I am on record regarding my feelings about the regional power brokers like Suthep. The thing is people may actually hear the message about Thaksin and his clan as well as the cronyism etc. for the first time ever with this. I think it is going to be an awesome piece of street theater (or if you prefer -- an example of realpolitik.) If done right it could even possibly get the word out about what the Dems have actually done over the years.

Then again, it could be an abysmal failure. The difference will be in how well they pull it off and if history is an example ... it will flop. They have never been good at reaching the average Somchai.

Didn't they have so called peoples courts during mao's purges.

The difference here is the peoples court would not be to justify a corrupt government it would be to let the population know how bad it is and how much money it is costing them. It would just be a laying out of the facts.

As far as what the Democrats did I noticed that jdinasia did not want to mention that the Democrats did not have a free pass to do as they pleased such as the PTPredshirts had. There government was not in complete control they had to please to many other parties to really accomplish any thing. That inclided 20 break away from Thaksin trained corrupt politicians.

Why do people try to compare the two one with 100% control to one with only partial control. The very fact that the PTPredshirts have 100% control of the government and abuse it so bad that the citizens from all walks of life and political belief rise up against them speaks loud and clear to any one who is awake about their abuse of power.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadman,

I still think you guys are missing the point. I think the "People's Court" is going to be something akin to a censure debate with one huge difference. It is going to have an audience.

I am on record regarding my feelings about the regional power brokers like Suthep. The thing is people may actually hear the message about Thaksin and his clan as well as the cronyism etc. for the first time ever with this. I think it is going to be an awesome piece of street theater (or if you prefer -- an example of realpolitik.) If done right it could even possibly get the word out about what the Dems have actually done over the years.

Then again, it could be an abysmal failure. The difference will be in how well they pull it off and if history is an example ... it will flop. They have never been good at reaching the average Somchai.

Didn't they have so called peoples courts during mao's purges.

The difference here is the peoples court would not be to justify a corrupt government it would be to let the population know how bad it is and how much money it is costing them. It would just be a laying out of the facts.

As far as what the Democrats did I noticed that jdinasia did not want to mention that the Democrats did not have a free pass to do as they pleased such as the PTPredshirts had. There government was not in complete control they had to please to many other parties to really accomplish any thing. That inclided 20 break away from Thaksin trained corrupt politicians.

Why do people try to compare the two one with 100% control to one with only partial control. The very fact that the PTPredshirts have 100% control of the government and abuse it so bad that the citizens from all walks of life and political belief rise up against them speaks loud and clear to any one who is awake about their abuse of power.

Weren't peoples courts used to summarily hand out death sentence and public humiliation for those corrupt government and bourgeois people.

I find the title of these courts rather ominous when put in the context of a country not entirely known for peaceful protest.

Thailands Big Brother Drama

Like many loving siblings, Yingluck looks out for her kin. Recently she tried to ram a get-out-of-jail-free card for Thaksin and other politicians through the parliament -- as big a political blunder as Asia has seen in years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-07/thailand-s-big-brother-drama.html

Thanks so much for that article. It should be mandatory reading for all red and Thaksin apologists. There it is folks on Bloomberg, the most cutting damning article about clan Shiniwatra i have ever read in the foreign media.

"Excellent article" giggle.gif - except he seems to have missed out the entire period of time the Democrat party was in power

Thanks. Yes I agree excellent article. The fact it leaves out the Dems must be because the article isn't about the Dems.

Here is another great article by the BBC for your reading pleasure:

Miscalculation

It is clear that this bill was Mr Thaksin's doing.

Humiliating defeat

How did a party with a commanding majority in parliament, that has pushed its populist agenda so confidently since coming to office, get this so wrong?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24846792

Stay tuned, more to come...

Edited by Nickymaster