Was that a Chiang Mai air attack today? Or just shooting a movie?

BradinAsia

About 1:30 this afternoon in the Wat Ket area of Chiang Mai, a helicopter circled around for 10-15 minutes then left.

The helicopter soon returned, circled in the same area, hovered, and descend to about 50 ft altitude, then we heard

the sound of automatic weapons firing several bursts, again the helicopter left, but again returned.

This scenario was repeated several times and again the sound of automatic weapons firing, seemingly at a target on

the ground. We could could not see the firing well because our view was partially obscured by trees.

Several times the helicopter was close enough that we could see it was a military type helicopter but had no makings

of any kind. The location where the helicopter was hovering and possibly firing weapons was just east of Chiang Mai-

Lamphun Road about 600-800 meters southeast of Holiday Inn.

Has anyone else in this area heard about this? My neighbor said it was probably the police fighting drug dealers. Internet

news this evening had an article about shooting of the movie called "The Coup" started here a few days ago.

Maybe what we saw was part of the movie. Just curious.

Its in the news, just google "The Coup' Starring Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan"

Shooting a movie in town.

I already mentioned in the OP about the movie being shot in town.

Have you see anything to actually confirm this guess of mine and yours?

Its in the news, just google "The Coup' Starring Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan"

Shooting a movie in town.

I already mentioned in the OP about the movie being shot in town.

Have you see anything to actually confirm this guess of mine and yours?

Maybe you guys can't (or don't) read.

In the OP I mentioned the news article about the movie.

Who is starring in the movie has little to do with whether or not the helicopter I saw was associated with the movie.

Sometimes good info is provided on this forum. Other times asking a question is a total waste of time.

I could probably learn more by asking the old lady housekeeper... sick.gif

The loud bang was the sound of Pierce Brosnans falling career.

Really ,I would welcome such a fall .lol

>>The Irishman was photographed locking lips with Latino actress Salma Hayek on a Malibu beach yesterday, right, in a scene for his new movie 'How To Make Love Like An Englishman'.

Earlier this week, the 60-year-old was snapped in a passionate embrace with 32-year-old Jessica Alba in another scene from the movie.<<

>>The Irishman was photographed locking lips with Latino actress Salma Hayek on a Malibu beach yesterday, right, in a scene for his new movie 'How To Make Love Like An Englishman'.

Earlier this week, the 60-year-old was snapped in a passionate embrace with 32-year-old Jessica Alba in another scene from the movie.<<

I hope he doesn't get a fever blister.

~o:37;

This was shot last night around 5pm from the Riverside condo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEPJjt433Sg

One single helicopter ?Its clearly a budget movie .

Copy --> Paste. wink.png

I was actually surprised that they need a real life helicopter at all. Can just CGI a bunch of them you'd think.

In Thailand? Cheaper to rent one. A decent brown envelope would do it.