Save the children-scam?

onemore

We were having dinner in a restaurant last night in Kamala, I was half way through beautiful seafood salad when three people, one playing a guitar and attempting to sing, thrust a tin in my face wanting a donation for the children in the Philipines, so I politely told them no that I was having dinner.

A couple of hours later whilst having the compulsory red wine before going to bed in a different place,
they pulled the same act,just walked up to our table and put the cup on the table asking for money.

I did apologise to rest of the diners for the language I used at them, I don't know how to tell someone politely to xxxxx off and get out of my face while I am out having dinner. Unlike back in Aussie when the telemarketers call and I tell them to hang on while I go and get my credit card, then return an hour later and put the phone back in the cradle.

The joys of it all.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

I had it twice last week during the same meal! I have no idea what their cause was as I gave a stern "no thank you" as soon as I saw the clipboard & long before they were within striking distance of my table (they had sized me up and were 'in bound'!)

As far as i'm concerned anyone who thrusts a demand clipboard under someones nose while they're eating & without seeking permission from the venue to be there in the first place (& without visible/verifiable accreditation) is unlikely to be acting on behalf of anyone but themselves.

Edited by evadgib

On the telemarketers bit, I like your style of hold the line while I get my card bit...I like to make them repeat their spiel until they give up. I used to hate them ringing, now it's them who hate to ring.