Changing CBR150 speedo to mp/h

recom273

I just bought a new 2013 CBR150 yesterday, I had a google about, and the procedures to change the speedo from km/h to mp/h dont work for me.

While im getting used to the bike it would be nice to have the mp/h option ( I'm British ) but Im presuming that as its an asian model, it doesnt have the option to change the speedo to mp/h as the european CBR models appear to have.

Can anyone confirm either way ?

because i want to .. because i have never used km/h in my life .. because i dont want to work it out in my head .. and i can concentrate on getting used to the bike and avoiding Thai drivers ..

I don't think you can change it.

Km. Mph

50.0 = 31.0691

90.0 = 55.923

110.0 = 68.351

140.0 = 86.992

90kmh is the usual highway speed limit. I believe 60kmh is around town but not 100% sure.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Sellotape/scotch tape and a fine tip felt marker.

40 KPH is 25 mph

80 is 50

120 is 75

and for the irrepressible optimist

160kph is 100mph

Anything in between you can guess reasonably accurately.

The nearest would be a CBR 125 speedo from the UK but it won't work as the angles are different.

That's the first thing I thought of when I bought a CBR. I ended up realising it couldn't do it and just had to divide KMS to MPH by 1.6 (roughly).

You'd think in these days of global commerce Honda would fit one chip that could be altered but apparently not.

Thanks all, I tried to follow some mode/reset button pressing combinations on suggested on CBR forums, I guess on Euro bikes its a relevant option, here its not.

No stress .. the 80 kmh / 50 mph is a good guide for me at the moment.

The uk has never really come to grips with the metric system even when they went to metric money they kept the pound and had a half pence how crazy is that, I once went to a timber merchant when they first started to change I asked for a 9 foot length of timber only to be told they only sell in metric now so i said ok what in the length he replied 3 mt 4 inches

The uk has never really come to grips with the metric system even when they went to metric money they kept the pound and had a half pence how crazy is that, I once went to a timber merchant when they first started to change I asked for a 9 foot length of timber only to be told they only sell in metric now so i said ok what in the length he replied 3 mt 4 inches

Strange? Industry has been metric since about mid '70's. A pound is a unit of currency noting to do with multiplication and division. Timber is usually sold in 8 ft lengths or 2.5m and your 3m 4 inch timber is 10ft.

As for getting to grips with metric, physician heal thyself!