Why go to so much trouble marrying/dating someone of a different culture, nationality, mentality etc

ogey boogey

Just simply my observation, and the observation of dozens of my friends who have dated in the west for decades. We can't all be wrong, can we? I realize a statement like "Most western women do not even know what it is like to be a real woman" is a very sweeping statement. But, I stand by it. I have met very, very few in this lifetime who are truly comfortable being a woman, and embracing the qualities that make women so outstanding. Instead, they insist on wearing the pants, and behaving like a control freak. Now, I realize quite a few of you that are reading this post will have already surrendered to a western woman, and will be under her complete control. I can see how you could find this offensive. But, for those of you who still wear the pants, and are still in full possession of your cajones, the truth is the truth. When I am back in the States, I am always amazed at how few of my friends who are either married, or in serious relationships have control of their lives. They have surrendered nearly complete control to these women, and are nearly incapable of making decisions on their own. Let me see what the wife thinks. Let me run that by my wife. I could never make a decision like that without my wife. For God's sake, we are talking about getting together this evening for a drink, we are not talking about mortgaging the family home!

So, if it makes you feel better to believe that this opinion is based on my own failings, rather than the exposure to hundreds and hundreds of western women, than go ahead believing that. But, I must say, I am not the only one who have experienced this. I have spoken to countless men from all over the world who feel this way.

the fact that you and these "countless" other men feel you have the authority to define what a modern woman is defined as speaks volumes. about you.

it is certainly not with any degree of "authority" that I make these statements. It is simply an opinion, for what that is worth. You are certainly welcome to dismiss it outright, which you apparently have done. But, there is at least a possibility that some truth exists here, no? Or do you deny that possibility completely? I just simply think that life in the west has stripped women of so much of what is appealing to a real man. Not an emasculated man, but a real man. LOL.

the possibility i see is that what is appealing to you is a doormat because you dont seem to have what it takes to hold your own with western women

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the possibility i see is that what is appealing to you is a doormat because you dont seem to have what it takes to hold your own with western women

Do you live in Thailand?

If so, have you ever lived with a Thai lady?

Doormat, isn't a word I would use, as it doesn't include their propensity for sudden and extreme violence.

Something I never encountered in the west, but rife in Thailand (and I am told other Asian countries).

it is certainly not with any degree of "authority" that I make these statements. It is simply an opinion, for what that is worth. You are certainly welcome to dismiss it outright, which you apparently have done. But, there is at least a possibility that some truth exists here, no? Or do you deny that possibility completely? I just simply think that life in the west has stripped women of so much of what is appealing to a real man. Not an emasculated man, but a real man. LOL.

In order to illustrate a point, i think a photo easier explains the differences. Most women in this world are middle ground. No, we wont bust your balls, nor will we lay down to be a personal doormat. I will never apologise for being a person in my own right..that doesnt make me unfeminine in any way shape or form.

strong_women.jpg

most? I keep hearing about that a lot.

But your right, never apologise for who you are. if they cant handle it don’t waste your time

I will take all three depends what mood I’m insmile.png

Do you live in Thailand?

Doormat, isn't a word I would use, as it doesn't include their propensity for sudden and extreme violence.

Something I never encountered in the west, but rife in Thailand (and I am told other Asian countries).

lol! you dont seem to be able to pick the good thai ones either! have you considered south america?? lol

• Like 1

It funny you should say that because I spent most of my time drinking coffee therecoffee1.gif , instead of going to college at St Charles catholic sixth form college when it first opened.

The Lonsdale was good until they changed it to a bistro pub

Still a bit rough though

I think your confusing it with Holland park now that plushsmile.png

I'm not confusing anything with anything because I've been there in the last decade. You on the other hand sound like you haven't been there in 40 years.

Either way, you couldn't pull a decent bird there so you came here to buy one.

Well done

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Do you live in Thailand?

lol! you dont seem to be able to pick the good thai ones either! have you considered south america?? lol

The volatility he alludes too is widespread among a certain pool of Thai woman that foreigners end up fishing in.

Some men just make poor choices in women.

FiftyTwo chose a slow-burner who took 25 years to hose him back home

Over here, he's chosen a flash-fryer who can erupt without a moment's notice

As the saying goes, "Wherever you go, there you are"

It funny you should say that because I spent most of my time drinking coffee therecoffee1.gif , instead of going to college at St Charles catholic sixth form college when it first opened.

Still a bit rough though

I'm not confusing anything with anything because I've been there in the last decade. You on the other hand sound like you haven't been there in 40 years.

Well done

clap2.gif

Decent, now that subjectivewhistling.gif

Paid ???????biggrin.png Thats another great myth, .

I tell my pale brothers about the deal Thailand. As a great philosopher called Sir Mix A Lot once said “ even white boys have a shout

and yes your right my post are <deleted>. laugh.png

Do you live in Thailand?

The volatility he alludes too is widespread among a certain pool of Thai woman that foreigners end up fishing in. Some men just make poor choices in women.

FiftyTwo chose a slow-burner who took 25 years to hose him back home

Over here, he's chosen a flash-fryer who can erupt without a moment's notice

As the saying goes, "Wherever you go, there you are"

Yep, 25 'slightly dull' years, twice as long as any relationship you managed.

I'm thinking the 'flash fryer' is good for 10 years in all (already had the first 5).

The make-up sex is fantastic!

Looking forward to trading up for a young South American in another 5 years, thanks for the idea AJD.

Chile or Ecuador? decisions, decisions ..............

PS

I used to hang out at Shepherd's Bush when I were young, rough as old boots, just past Ladbroke Grove and Holland Park.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I guess the cultural difference is also a motivation for the guy to feel interested to want to know more about her, therefore you will want to put more attention on her. I also like Thai girls and even though they know little English and don't know my language at all, I try my best to accommodate them by learning their language. .

In order to illustrate a point, i think a photo easier explains the differences. Most women in this world are middle ground. No, we wont bust your balls, nor will we lay down to be a personal doormat. I will never apologise for being a person in my own right..that doesnt make me unfeminine in any way shape or form.

strong_women.jpg

Pretty funny, Lara...although I couldn't make out all that the bitch-princess had to say.

I'm thinking the 'flash fryer' is good for 10 years in all (already had the first 5).

Looking forward to trading up for a young South American in another 5 years, thanks for the idea AJD.

PS

I used to hang out at Shepherd's Bush when I were young, rough as old boots, just past Ladbroke Grove and Holland Park.

So what if it was twice as long as any relationship I ever had? Is staying in a mundane marriage for 25 years something to brag about?

The flash-fryer may just gut you with a fishing knife if you step out of line so be careful.

God, where do you guys meet these women?

Still a bit rough though

Well done

clap2.gif

Speaking of buying birds. Aspasia, the mistress of Pericles was the most celebrated woman of the 5th century BCE. Originally from Miletus she was reduced to the status of Metic in Athens and attracted to herself Sophocles, Phidias, Socrates and his followers. According to Plutarch in Life of Pericles, "what great art or power this woman had, that she managed as she pleased the foremost men of the state, and afforded the philosophers occasion to discuss her in exalted terms and at great length.

Since the dawn of time Kings, Emperors, Philosophers, Popes and Presidents and Prime Ministers have bought women. The reason men excel at business, art, politics, war; almost any pursuit is to afford women.

Can you think of a country who has not had an important leader involved with buying women?

You think Cleopatra was free?

I feel for men that can’t afford to. Or are forced by momma or the local preacher to lie about it on the INTERNET.

So why don't you stop the pejorative comments about buying women. The best and the brightest have always bought women. If you don't like women or can't afford them OK up to you but keep quiet about it. It makes us normal fellows uncomfortable.

Edited by thailiketoo

Well done

clap2.gif

I feel for men that can’t afford to. Or are forced by momma or the local preacher to lie about it on the INTERNET.

So why don't you stop the pejorative comments about buying women. The best and the brightest have always bought women. If you don't like women or can't afford them OK up to you but keep quiet about it. It makes us normal fellows uncomfortable.

Maybe your time and your money would be best spent on the development or acquisition of a personality.

Just think; you'd only have to buy it once and you could use it time and time again to attract and retain good women

Paying a woman to be your partner/wife/GF is only "normal" among dysfunctional losers domiciled in countries where sex is priced cheaply. Trust me; if I was one of those men, I could afford to pay with considerable ease but, thankfully I'm not.

Like millions of men all over the world, I manage to have good relations with women without committing to paying her and her extended family a monthly stipend.

If that's how you prefer to live your life, go ahead but don't get on here saying it's "normal" cos it ain't

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 1

Just simply my observation, and the observation of dozens of my friends who have dated in the west for decades. We can't all be wrong, can we? I realize a statement like "Most western women do not even know what it is like to be a real woman" is a very sweeping statement. But, I stand by it. I have met very, very few in this lifetime who are truly comfortable being a woman, and embracing the qualities that make women so outstanding. Instead, they insist on wearing the pants, and behaving like a control freak. Now, I realize quite a few of you that are reading this post will have already surrendered to a western woman, and will be under her complete control. I can see how you could find this offensive. But, for those of you who still wear the pants, and are still in full possession of your cajones, the truth is the truth. When I am back in the States, I am always amazed at how few of my friends who are either married, or in serious relationships have control of their lives. They have surrendered nearly complete control to these women, and are nearly incapable of making decisions on their own. Let me see what the wife thinks. Let me run that by my wife. I could never make a decision like that without my wife. For God's sake, we are talking about getting together this evening for a drink, we are not talking about mortgaging the family home!

So, if it makes you feel better to believe that this opinion is based on my own failings, rather than the exposure to hundreds and hundreds of western women, than go ahead believing that. But, I must say, I am not the only one who have experienced this. I have spoken to countless men from all over the world who feel this way.

the fact that you and these "countless" other men feel you have the authority to define what a modern woman is defined as speaks volumes. about you.

Wow. You really have made up your fabulously open mind. No, I have met many, many Thai women who would be able to stand up to your women in nearly any conversation, but would make your women look like construction workers when it came to glamour. This is NOT ABOUT submission, as you too easily presumed, with your very open mindedness. This is about femininity, and the incredibly degree of elegance that bestows on a woman who knows how to wear the quality well. Many Thai women simply have it. They were brought up with it, and they carry it around with them. Most western women simply do not have a comfort level when it comes to this most wonderful of qualities. They feel intimidated by it. They feel it is beneath them. Most western men simply buy into it. Not me baby. I am intending to have a fulfilling life, and that means the absolute absence of women who are more masculine that I am!

Well done

clap2.gif

Maybe your time and your money would be best spent on the development or acquisition of a personality.

Just think; you'd only have to buy it once and you could use it time and time again to attract and retain good women

Paying a woman to be your partner/wife/GF is only "normal" among dysfunctional losers domiciled in countries where sex is priced cheaply. Trust me; if I was one of those men, I could afford to pay with considerable ease but, thankfully I'm not.

Like millions of men all over the world, I manage to have good relations with women without committing to paying her and her extended family a monthly stipend.

If that's how you prefer to live your life, go ahead but don't get on here saying it's "normal" cos it ain't

Debate like a man. Quote my entire post or don't quote anything. I think that is also Thai Visa policy.

Below is the part you left out,

Speaking of buying birds. Aspasia, the mistress of Pericles was the most celebrated woman of the 5th century BCE. Originally from Miletus she was reduced to the status of Metic in Athens and attracted to herself Sophocles, Phidias, Socrates and his followers. According to Plutarch in Life of Pericles, "what great art or power this woman had, that she managed as she pleased the foremost men of the state, and afforded the philosophers occasion to discuss her in exalted terms and at great length.

Since the dawn of time Kings, Emperors, Philosophers, Popes and Presidents and Prime Ministers have bought women. The reason men excel at business, art, politics, war; almost any pursuit is to afford women.

Can you think of a country who has not had an important leader involved with buying women?

End of quote.

So you think General MacArthur and JFK and Julius Ceasar are dysfunctional losers? Or Hugh Grant, Tiger Woods, Eddie Murphy and Wayne Rooney and David Beckham.

Trust you? Trust a guy who says, "I never pay for it in Thailand." 555

Well done

clap2.gif

Debate like a man. Quote my entire post or don't quote anything. I think that is also Thai Visa policy.

End of quote.

So you think General MacArthur and JFK and Julius Ceasar are dysfunctional losers? Or Hugh Grant, Tiger Woods, Eddie Murphy and Wayne Rooney and David Beckham.

I omitted the bulk of your post because it was pointless, irrelevant guff.

The examples you've given are of men who've paid prostitutes for a night or two of sex.

You're defending the practice of paying for a woman to be your wife/GF and that makes you a loser.

Period

PS

So what if it was twice as long as any relationship I ever had? Is staying in a mundane marriage for 25 years something to brag about?

The flash-fryer may just gut you with a fishing knife if you step out of line so be careful.

God, where do you guys meet these women?

Mundane marriage is normal, just pointing out you aren't normal.

End of quote.

I omitted the bulk of your post because it was pointless, irrelevant guff.

The examples you've given are of men who've paid prostitutes for a night or two of sex.

You're defending the practice of paying for a woman to be your wife/GF and that makes you a loser.

Period

Google 10 men who married their mistresses. You will find Brad Pitt, Donald Trump, Mel Gibson and one very well known man in a kilt. I believe it is SOP to pay a mistress last time I asked that loser Gaius Julius Caesar who paid a very young lady named Cleopatra. Match point.

Period

Maybe you never had a wife because no-one would stay with you for free.

Just a thought!

And an unoriginal one at that.

I have had more Thai women lining up to be my girlfriend, fiancee or wife than I care to remember but not one of them laboured any illusions that HardenedSoul operated a gravy train.

I've never been married because I didn't want to get married - it's as simple and straightforward as that.

Google 10 men who married their mistresses. You will find Brad Pitt, Donald Trump, Mel Gibson and one very well known man in a kilt. I believe it is SOP to pay a mistress last time I asked that loser Gaius Julius Caesar who paid a very young lady named Cleopatra. Match point.

Surely you don't rank yourself alongside those luminaries none of whom, I hasten to point out, moved lock, stock and barrel to SE Asia to get their leg over. They at least had the dosh to do it backj in the West.

Guess your pension doesn't stretch very far in the West eh?

laugh.png

I've never been married because I didn't want to get married - it's as simple and straightforward as that.

Yeah, OK, you very hansum man with great personality.

(shame none of that personality shows through on your posts)

Others, less kind than I, may think you were a loser in London, and are still a loser in Thailand.

Edited by FiftyTwo