Re entry

If the visa is still valid a re-entry permit is not needed before the enter before date on the visa and he will get a one year entry every time he enters. After that he will need a re-entry permit to keep the permit to stay date from his last entry valid.

I have a problem that I cannot seem to get a sensible answer to from Thai embassies.

I currently have a non immigrant O visa for multi entries into Thailand (90 days per visit).
This expires in February 2014.
However I will be travelling to Thailand at the end of November and will not be back in the Uk
until the end of August 2014.
Before it expires in February I will cross the border at the Friendship bridge to Laos and back
into Thailand - thereby gaining an additional 90 days. I plan to apply for a family and friends
visit Visa at the French embassy in Bangkok, so that my fiancee (we will be gettting married
in January 2014) can fly from Thailand to France direct (where I have a house), and spend
from mid March to mid June in France.
Now, my questions arise
a) what happens if the Visa is not granted - how can I stay in Thailand until the end of August
2014?
B) If the Visa IS granted and we spend mid March to Mid June in France, then fly back to
Thailand, how do I then stay in Thailand until the end of August?
Hope I have tried to explain clearly.
thanks

I have a problem that I cannot seem to get a sensible answer to from Thai embassies.

I currently have a non immigrant O visa for multi entries into Thailand (90 days per visit).

This expires in February 2014.

However I will be travelling to Thailand at the end of November and will not be back in the Uk

until the end of August 2014.

Before it expires in February I will cross the border at the Friendship bridge to Laos and back

into Thailand - thereby gaining an additional 90 days. I plan to apply for a family and friends

visit Visa at the French embassy in Bangkok, so that my fiancee (we will be gettting married

in January 2014) can fly from Thailand to France direct (where I have a house), and spend

from mid March to mid June in France.

Now, my questions arise

a) what happens if the Visa is not granted - how can I stay in Thailand until the end of August

2014?

cool.png If the Visa IS granted and we spend mid March to Mid June in France, then fly back to

Thailand, how do I then stay in Thailand until the end of August?

Hope I have tried to explain clearly.

thanks

If you can show 800,000 baht in a bank acocoun t in Thailand for 2 months OR show an income of 65,000 baht (confirmed with a letter from your embassy) or show money in the bank in Thaland and a yearly income together totaling 800,000 baht you can get a 1 year extension of stay from immigration.

For travel outside of Thailand you would than need a re-entry permit in order to keep the 1 year extension.

I don't want to transfer funds to Thailand Bank. Monthly income is approx 70,000 baht (equiv to UK Bank) + 50k savings + major property equity..

WHERE do I get 1 year extension? when I was last there in Udon Thani the immigration just shrugged their shoulders and said to go across Friendship Bridge to Laos!

How / where would I get re-entry permit to keep the one year extension?

thanks

With proof of your income from your embassy in BKK you can get a 1 year extension of stay. You will need proof of address to show under which immigration office you fall. (That is determined by where you stay in Thailand).

You can get the re-entry permit at the immigration office after you have applied for the 1 year extension of stay.

Not sure of your age (would have to be 50 or over for retirement) and you seem to be getting married and not staying so after your last 90 day entry get 60 more days extension to visit wife and if required you can exit/return for a new entry and get another 60 day extension or apply for a visa for a new non immigrant entry or even tourist entry.

Am over 50...will be getting married in January. My last 90 day entry would expire early May when I will a) be in France if visit visa granted) or B) be in Udon Thain if not granted.

if a) I would re-enter Thailand 17th June - what would I do then???

if B) early May what would I do then.

Would prefer not to have to travel stay overnight in BKK.

Whichever route...any costs?

thansk

Let's assume I dont get a visa for my wife to visit France, so the 90-day final visa expires early May. If I get a 60 day extension at local immigration office that takes me to early July. Can I then extend it for a further 60 day period/

Plan to return to Uk end August. What are the costs for getting these extensions?

thanks

If you want to be sure, you can extend your stay for 1 year as suggested in post 13.

You will need to go to your embassy anyway for the affirmation of freedom to get married, so could at that time also get the income letter from your embassy.

You will need to use the immirgaiton office for the area where your wife lives.

You have the choice of extending based on retirement or marriage, retirement is the least hassle as your income qualifies you.

Thanks for all the advice!

Just to confirm - If I get the Financial confirmation from UK Embassy in January when I sort out the affirmation, I can then take it to the local immigration office in Udon Thani and get a one year stay (after the marriage)?

If that is correct, anyone know the cost and what other documents etc the immigration office would need.

The application will cost 1,900 Baht.

If applying based on Marriage this will give you an idea:

A Rough Guide.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Thanks for all the advice!

Just to confirm - If I get the Financial confirmation from UK Embassy in January when I sort out the affirmation, I can then take it to the local immigration office in Udon Thani and get a one year stay (after the marriage)?

If that is correct, anyone know the cost and what other documents etc the immigration office would need.

You cannot apply for the extension until you have a non immigrant visa. To get this as I suggested before your best option is make a trip to Vientiane for a single entry non-o visa.

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply.

I can satisfy all the criteria - I already have a multi-entry non O immigration visa (expires February).

...and just to confirm, once I get the income confirmation from British embassy in Bangkok (which I can do when I get marriage affirmation letter), I can then get the Marriage visa at local immigration office in Udon Thani? go t

Presumably this would be valid for me to stay after we return from France after a holiday, in mid June 2014, for the rest of the one year period?

1. There is no marriage visa. If you qualify with 400k in account 2 months or 40k per month income you can extend stay for Thai wife reasons at local immigration office for one year during the last 30 or maybe 45 days of a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. This will require both you and wife and proof of marriage that the many documents of such extensions.

2. For any exit of country you would have to obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving which allows return for the same permitted to stay date you had when you obtain the permit.

If you have an extension of stay it must be done where you did it or airport re-entry permit office. For others it is can be obtained at any immigration office or at airport. Cost is 1000 baht for a single or 3800 baht for a multiple.

Edited by ubonjoe

On an extension for Thai wife you would normally wait until you receive the one year extension stamp (second visit after month under review) and obtain then. Although they ask a date of travel none is required and if you enter a date you are not held to it.