Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid

Tonykalniev

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anyone here is well connected to the automotive industry in Thailand and knows if the Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid will be coming.

Thailand is well behind other countries right now and I am sick and tired of going to those boring motor shows expecting new technology, when every year its the same cars over and over again with just facelifts or new body panels and plastics slapped on them. The biggest disappointment was last year, when Impact advertised that year's motor show as the most technologically advanced....

So I know that all the full electric cars aren't arriving anytime soon, such as Nissan Leaf, Mitsu Imiev, Chevrolet spark ev, or any other...Although Eton Import has the Tesla Roadster and Nissan Leaf on display and ready to buy for double prices, with the Tesla Model S P85 coming next year for around 6 million baht....

I was just hoping if anyone had news if the Outlander would be actually produced here and sold as well, not shipped out to other countries after being produced, just as other vehicles are done here....

Let me know your thoughts,

Thanks

The Outlander is currently only made in Japan - the only hope of seeing ti for sale in TH will be if it's made somewhere in ASEAN. I haven't heard a single word to suggest that's ever going to happen though.

There are some rumors we might see diesel-hybrid versions of the next generation Triton and Pajero Sport though. There were also rumors at one stage for hybrid and EV versions of the Mirage/Attrage - but with the reduced taxes on eco-car V2 (to be 14%, currently 17%) it would be hard to make a case for these versions (which would get 10% tax) now.

Edited by IMHO