Sondhi and Chamlong stage a come-back

webfact

Sad week ahead I think. Tonight it is quiet, but nobody on either side has revved up the spin machines on the ICJ ruling. There are too many fiercely opposed people in too small a space. The senate is acting childish and hoping time will create enough friction to start a bonfire of the vanities.

It is oddly quiet right now, with some detailed commentary on TV...but the pressure cooker is still on high heat and both sides are plugging the bleedhole every chance they get. This is a dangerous game of brinkmanship.

(I am taking time out to send a tad of time and money by PayPal to the Philippines and their devastated people. I hope some of you will do the same. I am donating what I would drink in beer in a night, so someone has rice tomorrow. Please see http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow).

Abhisit and Suthep must love it. Its first the yellow shirts and then comes the democrat party.

Hmhh - Sonthi he lost it all in the financial crisis in 97 and still looks for a way to get it back.

Chamlong, also I admired him against Gen Suchinda is really ready for a nursing home.

Don't worry PTP will lead all the way to the next election. Sondhi and Chamlong are really irrelevant. Manager Group better called it what's left of it. His TV channel is crap. Asean News Network is rubbish and both he and Chamlong were supporters before of Thaksin. Sour grape really. The democrats might be the real winner is things escalate more, but as they are no longer in government they don't have the protection needed and this time they will be in the firing line.

The real reason why they don;t want Thaksin back is only for the fact they can pack their bags and go back to the South such as Surat Thani. You can't really beat the North and Northeast in terms of votes and Central Thailand is divided.

After 24 years in Thailand, nothing really changed. This is Thai politics at it's finest.

Chamlong is still far away from being ready for a nursing home. The rest of your analysis is equally as flawed.

• Like 1

As I mentioned (and as Chamlong seems to be suggesting in this article) there has been talk amongst people I know of a national unity government. An appointed government of fixed duration while they change organic law and draft a new constitution. The madness of mob rule from both sides has to end as does the Thai's permissiveness regarding corruption.

Note: Chamlong is one of the people that does what he says he will do and leads from the front. He is a man of conviction. Before you think that I am a huge fan, well I am, I also think because of his convictions he is one of the scariest people in Thailand.

If you do not know much about him, I suggest some research. He really is an amazing guy that scares the hell out of me!