Recommendations for a good Realtor to sell my house

jaideeguy

They come and they go..........

So many new ones to choose from, but which realtor would you recommend for selling my house with swimming pool on the outskirts of CM?? Honest, English speaking and that gets a lot of action. Standard 3% commission.

Thanks in advance............

My best recommendation would be to just do it yourself,

its not difficult,just maybe a little time consuming,who better

to show prospective buyers around the property than the

owner,you know the most about the property.

We stopped using agents to rent our properties out years

ago, much easier and also saves money to do it ourselves.

regards Worgeordie

Have tried that route WG, but the problem is that the house is quite isolated [good for some] and a sign can work wonders, but it is hard to place a sign where we are. I do have fliers printed up and post at the usual places.......Rimping, various restaurants etc when I remember. Also have my own website dedicated to the sale of this beautiful and peaceful property, but the mods will pull it down if I post it. I can post it by PM if anyone wants to check it out.

The only good things about an agent is that they can filter the possible clients and can show by appointment only.

Have tried that route WG, but the problem is that the house is quite isolated [good for some] and a sign can work wonders, but it is hard to place a sign where we are. I do have fliers printed up and post at the usual places.......Rimping, various restaurants etc when I remember. Also have my own website dedicated to the sale of this beautiful and peaceful property, but the mods will pull it down if I post it. I can post it by PM if anyone wants to check it out.

The only good things about an agent is that they can filter the possible clients and can show by appointment only.

Suggest you talk to Simon Bradshaw at Perfect Homes-very active and very trustworthy. They have a good website where you will find their phone number.

Good luck with your sale

• Like 1

Take what YOU consider the top 4 realtors and list the home with all. They will all have the same contract. What your after is exposer and by doing it this way your getting maximum. Make sure the photos of the out show the distinctive front or street view of your house. By doing it this way your letting them do the advertising. Buyerswill see your property and as they drive about looking they will spot your property When they contact you direct they and you are not breaking any contract .It works.

I am NOT a real estate broker or anything related, but if they work hard to find OP a buyer, spending their advertising dollars and their time driving people to view, and hold their hand through the process, why would you want to see them cheated out of their legitimate earnings?? We all like something for nothing but if you receive a service I believe you should reward the provider.

Maybe you think that is naive....

• Like 1

ou locate tt

I am NOT a real estate broker or anything related, but if they work hard to find OP a buyer, spending their advertising dollars and their time driving people to view, and hold their hand through the process, why would you want to see them cheated out of their legitimate earnings?? We all like something for nothing but if you receive a service I believe you should reward the provider.

Your only cheating the realtor if you sign a contract for that house to be shown to you,they show it to you then you try and go around them,then you have broken the law.But if you just go by the photos on the web and locate the property on your own you have done nothing wrong.

ou locate tt

Your only cheating the realtor if you sign a contract for that house to be shown to you,they show it to you then you try and go around them,then you have broken the law.But if you just go by the photos on the web and locate the property on your own you have done nothing wrong.

Some might think that weaselly-I do!

• Like 2

ou locate tt

Why? I am a real estate broker and see no harm in that at all. Web pages with listing are mouse traps,designed to create readership and " catch" a client. Win some, loose some.

ou locate tt

I love to coon hunt.

Just to get things back on topic ..... have you tried the free property listings sites such as the ThaiVisa property pages?

If it is exposure that you want then a few hours spent listing your property on half a dozen or such sites may pay dividends.

An alternative method to select an agent is to do a Google search for what ever phrase fits for you (e.g. house for sale Chiang Mai!) and contact whoever appears on page 1 of the results. Of course this doesn't help with the quality of the agent but it would mean that your house is listed with the agents that are most likely to viewed by potential buyers.

no problem posting your website in your profile.

• Like 2

I've tried that a couple of times Naam and the post got removed with a warning that it is prohibited for non sponsors to promote and/or post their website. Once, I got away with it, but don't want to chance it again. Read the fine print.........

ou locate tt

Not only is it weaselly, but rude, as it is an uninvited invasion of you and your neighbor's privacy. Just last week, someone did just that..........looking door to door for a house he saw advertised on the web and deduced where the development was, but had to knock on doors to find the house. And a contract is a contract!!

We require 24 hrs notice before a showing...........

• Like 2

ou locate tt

Not only is it weaselly, but rude, as it is an uninvited invasion of you and your neighbor's privacy. Just last week, someone did just that..........looking door to door for a house he saw advertised on the web and deduced where the development was, but had to knock on doors to find the house. And a contract is a contract!!

jaideeguy,no offense implied just being realistic and trying to give you every advantage of success. The second hand housing market has always been saturated in Chiang Mai. Some time back I looked at the agents on the net and the top 6 had over 8000 homes listed and there were lot more agents I did not count. This did not include the homes that are not listed by web agents, that number is staggering. Homes can be solid in 1 day or it may take years.I know of a property that is fantastic great country location has been listed for 6 years. The biggest problem that a seller needs to understand regardless of location, design and cost, People Thai or foreigner buy very few second hand homes. They either have a new home built or buy in a new development. Wish you success in your pursuit just don't cut yourself short of any option. Thailand and Chiang Mai is nothing like the second hand housing market in the west.

Edited by khwaibah

jaideeguy,no offense implied just being realistic and trying to give you every advantage of success. The second hand housing market has always been saturated in Chiang Mai. Some time back I looked at the agents on the net and the top 6 had over 8000 homes listed and there were lot more agents I did not count. This did not include the homes that are not listed by web agents, that number is staggering. Homes can be solid in 1 day or it may take years.I know of a property that is fantastic great country location has been listed for 6 years. The biggest problem that a seller needs to understand regardless of location, design and cost, People Thai or foreigner buy very few second hand homes. They either have a new home built or buy in a new development. Wish you success in your pursuit just don't cut yourself short of any option. Thailand and Chiang Mai is nothing like the second hand housing market in the west.

I am not an agent but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this property is over priced!!!

A property is only worth what someone will pay for it, if it's sitting there for years it's obviously more expensive than anyone is willing to pay.

I am not an agent but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this property is over priced!!!

A property is only worth what someone will pay for it, if it's sitting there for years it's obviously more expensive than anyone is willing to pay.

So true.......that's why I just lowered the price to almost half of what it would cost to replace it at today's prices.

BTW...............I just posted my website on my profile for anyone's viewing.

So true.......that's why I just lowered the price to almost half of what it would cost to replace it at today's prices.

For information Chiangmai Property have over 14,000 listings and that's just one company.

For information Chiangmai Property have over 14,000 listings and that's just one company.

Guessing at least half of those are old listings never removed or updated.

• Like 2

Google Adwords?

Very expensive for a single property.

I don't think you understand how they work. You bid and your position is dictated by other bids chasing the same keywords. A single property can have very specific keywords so there will be few, if any, other bids. In fact you will be wasting money on ads that are targeted by non-specific keywords. With little competition for certain keywords, you bid low. Adwords are far more cost effective than banners or commissions imo.

The Op is prepared to spend 3% of the value of his house with an agent. This may be effective. That's 30,000 baht per 1 million baht of house value as a budget for Adwords.

Edited by Loaded

I've tried that a couple of times Naam and the post got removed with a warning that it is prohibited for non sponsors to promote and/or post their website. Once, I got away with it, but don't want to chance it again. Read the fine print.........

i know half a dozen TV-members who, without problems, have links to their websites/blogs in their profile. it is also my understanding that ads in "classifieds" can be posted by anybody without being a sponsor.

i know half a dozen TV-members who, without problems, have links to their websites/blogs in their profile. it is also my understanding that ads in "classifieds" can be posted by anybody without being a sponsor.

My mistake Naam, as I assumed that we were talking about posting my website on the forum, which is a cardinal sin, but I re read your post and looked at my profile and there it was.......a blank place that I could and did post my website........legally, so far.

Thanks for that tip and sorry for my bad...........

Take what YOU consider the top 4 realtors and list the home with all. They will all have the same contract. What your after is exposer and by doing it this way your getting maximum. Make sure the photos of the out show the distinctive front or street view of your house. By doing it this way your letting them do the advertising. Buyerswill see your property and as they drive about looking they will spot your property When they contact you direct they and you are not breaking any contract .It works.

I suppose that would be legal but you are still using the realtor for advertisement. They sign you up in the hope that they can sell the place and make some money.

I looked at the web site and I don't think ,any people would be able to find it with just a picture. They could drive around for days and never come close to it. Then if they did often pictures and reality seem to be different. with his web page it would be easy to find for some one looking for seclusion. I don't think it is over priced for what you are getting.

The trick is to get the web page out. For the price he is asking 4,9 million baht I think that would be the required minimum down payment back home for a place like that.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I have had my home in Chiang Mai listed for sale with 8 estate agents for the last 6 months...."listed" meaning that is precisely all they do!. Whether it is down to a complete over-supply of second hand properties or that the agents are just basically not up to scratch I am not sure. I have asked various questions about promoting the property, pretty much fell on deaf ears, the only suggestion was to try Facebook Ads.

Having originally arrived in Thailand from the UK where property is actively marketed, I find the Thai method incredibly frustrating.....there is good money to be made by these agents, but they don't appear to have any hunger at all.