Recommendations for a good Realtor to sell my house

jaideeguy

Another really important fact is, houses priced competitively will sell, if you over price it, it will sit on the market for years, like the Thais do.they don't care. Houses priced realistically in Thailand sell quickly, but get greedy and it will never sell.

• Like 1

Put a sign up on the gate, Advertise in the local rags, agents won't do anymore. They only collect commissions.

Put a sign up on the gate - tick

Advertise in the local rags - tick

They only collect commissions - completely agree, the total 8 agents have achieved 2 viewing TOTAL in 6 months, the "sign on the gate" has brought in 6 viewings within the same period.

Put a sign up on the gate, Advertise in the local rags, agents won't do anymore. They only collect commissions.

They only collect commissions - completely agree, the total 8 agents have achieved 2 viewing TOTAL in 6 months, the "sign on the gate" has brought in 6 viewings within the same period.

The problem might be you have vastly overpriced your property, very common with foreigners.

They paid a special "foreigner price" to buy, and think they can get a special "foreigner price" when selling.

Three potential problems

1 Loads of overpriced properties for sale.

2 Loads of vacant properties in CM.

3 Also loads of properties a foreigner wants to sell that the Thai owner (foreigner's wife) doesn't want to sell.

When I was looking for a house, many foreigners trying to sell and their Thai wife putting the boot in on the sale. You would speak to the foreigner (very keen), then the Thai wife would provide (totally incorrect) directions to the house or fob you off with "not convenient to view today".

Edited by FiftyTwo

The problem might be you have vastly overpriced your property, very common with foreigners.

They paid a special "foreigner price" to buy, and think they can get a special "foreigner price" when selling.

Three potential problems

1 Loads of overpriced properties for sale.

2 Loads of vacant properties in CM.

3 Also loads of properties a foreigner wants to sell that the Thai owner (foreigner's wife) doesn't want to sell.

When I was looking for a house, many foreigners trying to sell and their Thai wife putting the boot in on the sale. You would speak to the foreigner (very keen), then the Thai wife would provide (totally incorrect) directions to the house or fob you off with "not convenient to view today".

All three noted are valid points, point #2 particularly as Chiang Mai has a crazy property explosion going on. Point #3 is not relevant in this case as my Thai wife is "incentivised" to sell the house. The reality I suppose is that I am expecting to be able to recoup my total investment plus some.....as you would expect in the West, but maybe that is not possible here.

I have just listed it within the "classifieds" section here on Thai Visa, so I will see if that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to make constructive comments & suggestions.

• Like 1