Suthep and eight other Democrat MPs resign

Lite Beer

If they have an armed militia of men in black, call for the burning of BKK etc .. you will have a point. Peaceful protests and acts of legitimate civil disobedience are just a tish different than what the reds did. So please revisit the subject when the non-red protesters following Suthep's lead do something worth being chastised for.

Are you referring to those mystery men in black who all wore "Army issue boots" rolleyes.gif

Are you suggesting Seh Daeng was an "amart" plant because he was wearing "Army issue boots"?

• Like 1

If they have an armed militia of men in black, call for the burning of BKK etc .. you will have a point. Peaceful protests and acts of legitimate civil disobedience are just a tish different than what the reds did. So please revisit the subject when the non-red protesters following Suthep's lead do something worth being chastised for.

Are you referring to those mystery men in black who all wore "Army issue boots" rolleyes.gif

Are you suggesting Seh Daeng was an "amart" plant because he was wearing "Army issue boots"?

NO! i am referring to the mystery men in Black, it was noticed that they all had army issue boots under their black uniforms...................makes wonder where they came from ! Nothing to do with Seh Daeng ! However i guess you choose to ignore that fact, but not everybody were "fooled" as you obviously were. wai2.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

NO! i am referring to the mystery men in Black, it was noticed that they all had army issue boots under their black uniforms...................makes wonder where they came from ! Nothing to do with Seh Daeng !

If an army major (ie someone with "Army issue boots") was "the man" protecting the red shirts, why couldn't there be other people with "Army issue boots" also protecting the red shirts?

Besides that, can't you get army issue boots basically anywhere?

Just because these "black shirts" had "Army issue boots", doesn't mean that they weren't fighting FOR the red shirts.

Edit: "However i guess you choose to ignore that fact, but not everybody were "fooled" as you obviously were."

If you want to believe that they were "amart" plants, just because they were wearing "Army issue boots", I think you might be the fool.

Edited by whybother
  • Like 2

I think they smell an end game about to happen.

Other wise why leave the majority of the south west without any representation?

Quote "I think they smell an end game about to happen."

And if this is 'the end of the game', What will you, "Don Quixote" and 'Why Bother' (Sancho Panza) do with your time? You 'men of La Mancha' are facing having a great deal of time on your hands, No?

Can you imagine how many replies there would be on this thread if it was a PTP party member, never mind the deputy leader of the party encouraging civil disobedience- it would probably crash the forum.

Well again you are comparing things that are different ... please see the title of the thread again. Suthep is not a leader of the party nor an MP or even a member at this point.

He is a private citizen what is also a public figure, calling on fellow citizens to protest. Why are you so opposed to democracy in action? It is not as if he is threatening violence. He didn't tell 1 million people to come to BKK and to bring an empty bottle to fill with petrol.

You talk about goalposts changing etc but continue to use extremely faulty analogies and fallacious arguments to support a position that runs contrary to democratic means.

• Like 2

Can you imagine how many replies there would be on this thread if it was a PTP party member, never mind the deputy leader of the party encouraging civil disobedience- it would probably crash the forum.

We endured 2009 and 2010 with their thuggery, and I don't remember anyone this time suggesting to turn Bangkok into a sea of fire.

• Like 1

Well again you are comparing things that are different ... please see the title of the thread again. Suthep is not a leader of the party nor an MP or even a member at this point.

He is a private citizen what is also a public figure, calling on fellow citizens to protest. Why are you so opposed to democracy in action? It is not as if he is threatening violence. He didn't tell 1 million people to come to BKK and to bring an empty bottle to fill with petrol.

You talk about goalposts changing etc but continue to use extremely faulty analogies and fallacious arguments to support a position that runs contrary to democratic means.

JD, to be honest, i am well aware of the deficiencies of the Government and have no great desire for them to continue and especially for TS to be allowed back under an amnesty.My overwhelming wish though is for them to be allowed to complete their term and then to be voted out properly. There can then be no proper complaints (there probably will) but i just view it as better than being removed by protests/army etc. Lets get some stability of Governments who are voted in completing their terms and hopefully if the politicians start to see that politicians are aware enough that the general public will no not have the wool completely pulled over their eyes they will be forced to improve their performance whoever the Government is. Otherwise we are just going to continue going around in this unproductive circle.

We endured 2009 and 2010 with their thuggery, and I don't remember anyone this time suggesting to turn Bangkok into a sea of fire.

Hes only been on stage about a week and he is already inciting civil disobedience and for people to stop paying their taxes! (not that most of the wealthy or poor do anyway)

No one has shot at them so that may have some bearing on their attitude.

NO! i am referring to the mystery men in Black, it was noticed that they all had army issue boots under their black uniforms...................makes wonder where they came from ! Nothing to do with Seh Daeng ! However i guess you choose to ignore that fact, but not everybody were "fooled" as you obviously were. wai2.gif

Hmmmm you seem to have lost the thread. But to reply anyways, They were operating with the consent of the people living inside the red encampments.and in support of them. Are you surprised that in a country that still has the draft that members or ex members of the military, or members of militias, would wear military garb? A militia, by definition is ... what?

• Like 1

Up until this point I was firmly on the side of anti-amnesty protesters. I now hope they do NOT follow the lead of firebrand Suthep.

In fact there is very little to distinguish Suthep and the equally disposable Red Shirt leaders. Agitators the lot of them.

When Suthep starts calling for the burning of Bangkok if they do not get their way then I will agree with you.

Nah ! Suthep believes in acts of international terrorism, such as the terrorist take over of the international airport effecting thousands world wide.

Please support this claim.

No one has shot at them so that may have some bearing on their attitude.

You have your version, and people who,lived in Bangkok at the time have theirs.

Up until this point I was firmly on the side of anti-amnesty protesters. I now hope they do NOT follow the lead of firebrand Suthep.

In fact there is very little to distinguish Suthep and the equally disposable Red Shirt leaders. Agitators the lot of them.

They were disposable up until Thaksin realized he still needs them a couple days ago!

When Suthep starts calling for the burning of Bangkok if they do not get their way then I will agree with you.

Nah ! Suthep believes in acts of international terrorism, such as the terrorist take over of the international airport effecting thousands world wide.

Please support this claim.

JD you'll have a long wait to have anything to support that claim.

• Like 1

Now the bill has been shelved for 6 months they would be better off to hang fire.

That may be a mistake - in 180 days from the rejection (without amendment) the 50%+1 rule comes in - the only way to stop it at this point would be an election before another set of HoR readings and the vote. This would suggest that more pressure applied would be better.

I think Suthep calling for strikes (and to a lesser, extent holding back of taxes) is a good call - much better than bring a bottle of petrol to the capital!

Fab4's assertion that "No one has shot at them so that may have some bearing on their attitude." in reply to MrToad's "We endured 2009 and 2010 with their thuggery, and I don't remember anyone this time suggesting to turn Bangkok into a sea of fire.", seems to be inconsistent as the broadcast to bring the bottle of fuel was way before any shots were fired; it was said early on before the crowds had arrived en masse.

I m guessing that they are expecting the same thing I am ... a non-elected Unity government, but are also preparing for the possibility that the party gets dissolved etc.

If the people that resigned are party list MP's then they just move the next ones up the list.

I m guessing that they are expecting the same thing I am ... a non-elected Unity government, but are also preparing for the possibility that the party gets dissolved etc.

If the people that resigned are party list MP's then they just move the next ones up the list.

You believe that JD? Not an attack, actually interested if you believe that such a thing as a non-elected "unity" party will fly here. To me this is no different from a military coup in real/governmental terms. It could hardly be called "democratic" in any description of the term. I would think that it would be a hard sell to the masses - let alone the world in general. It may wash short term, but even then I think it may cause as many problems as it fixes - at least with the masses.

My not-so-consistent-and-variable-view (for today) is that PTP will ride the horse until it dies. In the mean time a lot of the main players will start dropping out and end up in those small but important coalition partners, in an attempt to distance themselves and survive. Some taking vastly difference stances and opposing things they stood for when elected - to sell their new position in those little parties. YL will probably be sacrificed, she was never a real politico anyway, and will go back to earning millions as a name on a board somewhere in the Shin owned business world. Perhaps even Thaksin will be allowed to fade away from consciousness given the current tarnish on his carefully created "gilded rose" persona. I think that from the demise of PTP (just like PPP. TRT, etc before) will rise a new pro-people (pro-poor) party, but this time headed by the more astute and pro-change parts of the current PTP and Red Shirts, and they will fill the void; hopefully they can avoid adopting all those snakes returning when they do reform! I can't see Dems getting back in either - not this decade.

Methinks Suthep has gone down the wrong track this time.

They had a vast network of people behind them, not just on the street but in social media,

If they had made a tactical retreat taking the people off the street and building a contact network with regular information spread through all media concentrating on exposing corruption and waste of public money then they could have built more support.

With that support the threat of coming out on the street again would be very real.

Now the calls for strikes and withholding tax will alienate the business community that they had onside and strikes by school teachers can only hurt kids and annoy their parents.

They should have concentrated on their no-confidence motion and used it to bring out the true situation of the rice pledging with the rice market destroyed, piles of rice that have to be written off because of floods and rot, BAAC broke and countries that no longer buy Thai rice.

They should be highlighting corruption with proof and all the other dirty dealings that are destroying this country.

Their shadow cabinet ministers should be countering every silly claim by Govt and exposing them for what they are.

Get away from personality politics as much as possible, although that's not easy with the big boss giving orders all the time like the latest "Don't dissolve parliament"

The Dem MP's and election candidates should be out there talking to the people and getting their message across although if what I read is correct that could be life threatening in some parts of the country.

Yes, get off the streets now with the threat of we will be back if you make a wrong move.