Decent Lobster Thermador in Bangkok?

pianoman

Making a one or two day trip down to Bangkok from Isaan and would like to spoil myself with a decent Lobster Thermador meal, and prefer to stay away from the Touristy "Seafood Market" place on Soi 24.. Can anyone recommend a place where I can enjoy my favorite meal and not have to spend 2,000 baht...

Pianoman

• Like 1

Neil's Tavern does an outstanding Lobster Thermador and I highly recommend the Blueberry Baked Alaska for dessert. There is one just off Wireless on Soi Rum Rudi and another off Asoke just down from Soi Cowboy. Doubt you are going to get out for less than 2,000 but it is well worth it.

• Like 2

Neil's Tavern does an outstanding Lobster Thermador and I highly recommend the Blueberry Baked Alaska for dessert. There is one just off Wireless on Soi Rum Rudi and another off Asoke just down from Soi Cowboy. Doubt you are going to get out for less than 2,000 but it is well worth it.

Interesting, and probably a good thing to do with the spiny lobster variety in Thailand. Very retro now in Europe, seems almost sacrilege to do it given the cost of Atlantic Lobster, that delicious claw meat (absent in it's Thai cousin) smothered in cream and cheese sauce...not for me smile.png

Btw.Not to say I won't take a look at Neil's Tavern if only for the Baked Alaska, now that is retro!

Edited by roamer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting, and probably a good thing to do with the spiny lobster variety in Thailand. Very retro now in Europe, seems almost sacrilege to do it given the cost of Atlantic Lobster, that delicious claw meat (absent in it's Thai cousin) smothered in cream and cheese sauce...not for me smile.png

Btw.Not to say I won't take a look at Neil's Tavern if only for the Baked Alaska, now that is retro!

perhaps the Asian "Thermador" lobster has claws? unsure.png

smothered in cream and cheese sauce...not for me
thumbsup.gif

Thermidor and Baked Alaska? Trying to revive culinary trends of the 1950's? Sounds delucious but the one I saw prepared in Chiang Mai was like drowned in a kilo of freaking MARGARINE! The odor alone prevented me from trying this waste of a nice crustacean. Just grill it with a bit of salt and season with fresh lime juice, awesome.

• Like 1