Why would someone prefer cold winter Europe to Thailand

michaeltheR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some people are strange and other people just say they like the cold European weather, because they have no other choice.

Its a bit like the guys who are married to fat ugly western women and bring them on holidays to Thailand. They either really like fat ugly women or make up excuses in their minds, to avoid committing suicide. So for some I guess it is a "fetish" and for others a way to justify their miserable life...

<deleted>?

Perhaps asking the poster for more clarification would help. I too am confused with his post, but the overused "<deleted>" seems lacking in achieving a meaningful response.

I appreciate that you find my response lacking in meaning... but it was deliberately designed to be an insulting response to a disgustingly rude post. I won't waste my time on eloquent arguments to someone who posts such derogatory remarks. Perhaps I should have just left it blank.

I used to live in the UK, and holiday in Thailand, now I live in Thailand and holiday in the UK, (amongst others)

My ultimate aim now having lived here full time for 8 years would be to spend 6 months in each country and have the best from both worlds.

The best part is I have my own piece of Thailand always by my side no matter where I go.

Couldn't agree more. Spend April 1st till September 30th In Europe and next 6 months in warmer climes. I dont get the couple of earler posts on blistering heat. Yes its warm to hot but its never blistering heat here. We are not in Iraq or Saudi in the heat of Summers . If you are sweating too much your body is telling you to get fit and drink less.

People shouldn't have soaking shirts walking 100 metres in the sun

Edited by Chivas

I took a stroll late yesterday afternoon. Wrapped in my leather jacket against the cold wind. The same cold wind blowing the cobwebs from my bald head, I looked at the leaves falling from the trees and being blown about the streets. Watched as the wintry sun began to set beyond the horizon.

No mad m/c riders buzzing me. I did not have to dodge traffic every step across the road. No smoke from stalls lining every sreet. It was a very relaxing stroll. Enjoyable & different. And that is the whole point, it was relaxing and different.

This does not mean I do not miss Thailand, I do. But, the weather is different and can make a great change.

• Like 1