Any recent info on getting a Non-Imm B in Yangon?

On the 'Latest Reports of Getting a Visa in the Region' page, the most recent report from Yangon is from 2009.

Obviously not the most popular place to go for a visa run as the Burma visa adds a whole other element to the process, but all this aside, is Yangon a viable place to apply for a Non-Imm B visa? I am starting the process of working for a new company, and have always wanted to visit Burma, so would like to take care of both at once if possible.

Many thanks for any info somebody might have.

-Colin

Thanks, ubonjoe, that's my assumption as well. I was a bit unsettled by not finding any recent posts on visa-runs to Yangon, but maybe just a result of most people going elsewhere.

Speaking of required documents: do you know if the 'Letter of Recommendation' from the company needs to be in Thai? The owner of the company is farang himself, so not sure whether it needs to be translated or not. Elsewhere I've seen this referred to as simply a letter requesting a visa for the employee, but on Thai Visa there is the suggestion of it being more formal.

The letter should state that the applicant has been offered a job, that the company requests that the applicant be given a non-immigrant visa so the company may apply for a work permit for them, and that the company knows the person to be dependable, upstanding, etc.

Once I do this (probably next month) I'll try to give a more recent report on Yangon... :)