Central Festival -- opening this Thursday now

infernalman7

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really any stores that I can't live without............

The only good thing that I see is that it will lower the crowds at the [too many] other malls.

We received a glossy packet in a mass mailing for the new supermarket, looks like another 'Tops' and the prices were even higher than Rimping.

• Like 1

Once again, the bizarre fascination with shopping malls by foreigners...

Went to Promenada once....and once was enough!

Well, I love shopping malls and high streets. But in Thailand malls are more like community centers. And I just love the fact that we have more options of where to go to, etc.

Promenada is a crappy mall. The interior is nice but the tenants are meh at best. It's going to be the next KSK.

• Like 1

I am surprised that there is no listing of Central or Tops to the list of tenants.

I understood that Central will transfer from KSK but I don't know when. If it does it will leave KSK in a poor state because I suspect all of the Central owner brands will transfer as well.

I like Airport Plaza ,if only for the Totty watching .Promenade is a waste of space .Called in there yesterday and it still has vast areas of open spaces inside .They do have nice landscaping outside to give them their due.

I welcome the new Central as i live near and it will save me going to the far away Airport Plaza.

• Like 1

I like Airport Plaza ,if only for the Totty watching .Promenade is a waste of space .Called in there yesterday and it still has vast areas of open spaces inside .They do have nice landscaping outside to give them their due.

I welcome the new Central as i live near and it will save me going to the far away Airport Plaza.

Totty watching at Central Plaza Airport is as good as it gets anywhere here. Promenade is a total waste of space and waste of time going there.

• Like 1

Yes we got the glossy brochures as well - 7 Color Phuket Lobster, Sturhk Caviar,fresh oysters and scallops..I know where I will be doing my weekly shopping now, once I have reserved a spot on the roof for my private helicopter to land biggrin.png

My son was handed a free ticket for the ice skating rink from a tout outside his school, I must admit the ice skating rink could be a nice addition to Chiang Mai, [if not so great for the environment] at least it is something different for the kids to do.

They are also giving away free cinema tickets on the first day to the first 1,000 - a good reason to avoid the opening day.

I haven't checked out the Promenada yet but will pencil in a day to hit the two malls in a few weeks time when the dust has settled.

are they going to have a fitness center? thank you

Not that I know off. Was hoping that we would see a new player i.e. fitness first which is also owned in Thailand by Central Group.

This is interesting. There would be another ice skating rink at Central Festival. Does Chiang Mai really need two ice rinks?

I am surprised that there is no listing of Central or Tops to the list of tenants.

There is 6 floors of Central! I cut them out from the list because we already have them (I picked only the first time in Chiang Mai ones). Tops won't be there as the one there would be a more higher end "Central FoodHall" supermarket there instead just like the one in Central Chidlom.

I understood that Central will transfer from KSK but I don't know when. If it does it will leave KSK in a poor state because I suspect all of the Central owner brands will transfer as well.

Yep. The contract of Central at KSK is ending either this year or next year if I remembered it right.

are they going to have a fitness center?  thank you

Not that I know off. Was hoping that we would see a new player i.e. fitness first which is also owned in Thailand by Central Group. 

This is interesting. There would be another ice skating rink at Central Festival. Does Chiang Mai really need two ice rinks?

There is 6 floors of Central! I cut them out from the list because we already have them (I picked only the first time in Chiang Mai ones). Tops won't be there as the one there would be a more higher end "Central FoodHall" supermarket there instead just like the one in Central Chidlom.

Yep. The contract of Central at KSK is ending either this year or next year if I remembered it right.

KSK will be renovated.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Based on the invite I have, there would be two events. The one in the morning at 9:30 requires proper dress (therefore not attending). Another at 19:00 (more of a reception party).

Will probably pop in to have a look and possibly have lunch if there's anything to eat at all!

I was told today by my friend who has rented at KSK for more than 10 years now that once Central moves, "The Mall" will take over. No idea what this is and no interest in checking google but apparently very popular in Bangkok.

I was told today by my friend who has rented at KSK for more than 10 years now that once Central moves, "The Mall" will take over. No idea what this is and no interest in checking google but apparently very popular in Bangkok.

A lot of unsubstantiated rumors about KSK.....

Central will stay at KSK. At least that is what I understood from a quite recent discussion with the senior manager of KSK. I do not believe there ever was any intention by Central to leave KSK.

• Like 1