Fearing protests escalation, Bangkok residents stockpile food

webfact

Meanwhile, Commerce Minister, Mr. Yanyong Phuangrat, dismissed the reports of consumers buying food products in panic, insisting that it was just a "false rumour".

Nevertheless, the minister said he had instructed the Department of Internal Trade to assure that manufacturing and retailing segments are running smoothly and that no traders try to hoard or overprice the goods.

Is this called hedging your bets? One statement following the party line, and the next is 'just in case'. It makes me smile when Yingluck tells everyone to go home and let the Government get on with its work. The Government do not know how to get on with its work.

cheesy.gif "The Government do not know how to get on with its work."cheesy.gif Comments like this are such a joke! Total whimsical crud by someone that is seeking approval from other Thai bashers that know nothing.rolleyes.gif I got a working government for ya. Get yourself a nice little pad in the Niger Delta. tongue.png

Ironically at this time, they are filming 'The Coup' up here in CM. Maybe they will go down to BKK and get some real action footage. wai2.gif

Or maybe the film company is staging the protests in BKK for the film??

Edited by jaideeguy

ozyjon post # 17

I hope there will be some baked beans left for me.

I think you'll be out of luck regarding your desire for ''Hurricane Henry's.

Judging from the amount of wind currently emanating from the Prime Minster and her cabinet and their minions I think you'll find that that little group have bought up the entire stock of the country's baked beans and have been and still are consuming said baked beans with alacrity.

It seems also that large quantity of said baked beans were airlifted by a private jet to an unknown destination as fuel food for a homesick Thai too who needs all the wind supply fuel he can get at the moment.rolleyes.gif

Edited by siampolee

So if the government calls for martial law and someone gets killed, Yingluck and the deputy PM get charged with murder?

If this article was about stockpiling, there was very little evidence that this was actually happening. Is it possible that the

22.5% increase in food being bought was to feed the protestors? Just wondering....

So you are suggesting that there are 1m+ protestors ?