Car Road Tax

I bought a car last November here in Pattaya and the car road tax expires in July. The thing is I’ll be in the UK then so does anyone know if I can get the tax in advance before I go to the UK without losing the unexpired period that’s left?

I know I need to go to the office where people get licences near the road to Rayong and I understand I need to show the blue book, and insurance papers, is there anything else needed to show them?

Also does anyone know the actual road tax cost for a 1500 litre engine? It’s just that the previous owner has paid 3297 Baht each year previous as it shows this in the blue book. My girlfriend thinks that’s more than it should be.

Thanks in advance

Phil

I bought a car last November here in Pattaya and the car road tax expires in July. The thing is I’ll be in the UK then so does anyone know if I can get the tax in advance before I go to the UK without losing the unexpired period that’s left?

I know I need to go to the office where people get licences near the road to Rayong and I understand I need to show the blue book, and insurance papers, is there anything else needed to show them?

Also does anyone know the actual road tax cost for a 1500 litre engine? It’s just that the previous owner has paid 3297 Baht each year previous as it shows this in the blue book. My girlfriend thinks that’s more than it should be.

Thanks in advance

Phil

I paid mine one month in advance last time no probs and it was about 800 for a 1300 cc engine.

BUT, if you renew early and have to do the compulsory insurance does the new insurance run from the date (early) that you get it or the date that the original insurance expires?

Or does the compulsory insurance run for the length of the road tax?

Always been worried about backward creep in the insurance.

Can be renewed at least 90 days prior. You'll also need to renew your compulsory gov't ins. before the road tax. The amounts vary according to eng. size and model.

And age of the car.

The price you paid is right for a 1.5 litre engine, although there are other factors involved.

Can be renewed at least 90 days prior. You'll also need to renew your compulsory gov't ins. before the road tax. The amounts vary according to eng. size and model.

And age of the car.

...and the number of seats.

As Mijan24 stated they paid 800 Baht for a 1300cc engine, how can 3297 Baht be correct for a 1500cc engine as Artisan states?? Such a difference can’t be right??

It’s for a 4 seat, 4 door Honda City vtec vtr if this helps. Anyone else got one who can tell me what they pay for road tax please??

Cheers,

Phil

As Mijan24 stated they paid 800 Baht for a 1300cc engine, how can 3297 Baht be correct for a 1500cc engine as Artisan states?? Such a difference can’t be right??

It’s for a 4 seat, 4 door Honda City vtec vtr if this helps. Anyone else got one who can tell me what they pay for road tax please??

Cheers,

Phil

As I mentioned earlier, the age of the car can make a difference. I have a 2 liter, 4-door, 5-seat Nissan (import) that is about 14 years old now and my tax liability is around 1400B but now fixed at that price (reduction stops at 7 years). When I got it it was closer to 3500B (3 years old). So that 1300CC if several years old could well be 800B. Of course the tax liability for cars have probably increased since then.

Hi Tywais thanks for the info. My car's 5 years old so I'll just have to see what they charge! lol

OK...now we know the model and the age of your car. It would have helped we had known this at the start.

My wife has a 7-year old Honda City 1500 c.c. and, last June, she paid 930 baht for the road tax for 1 year. I have a 7-seater, 2-year old 3 litre Mitsubishi Shogun (3 litre) and I paid over 7,000 baht road tax last year.

So, as Tywais has said, it depends on three things...age, engine size, number of seats. When your car was new, the road tax of 3297 baht was about right.