PM Yingluck orders THAI to explain reported strike

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coma post # 10

Since when is not showing up for work " civil disobedience" ?

By virtue of that comment if we judge Madam Prime Minister on her attendance or rather non attendance at Parliament those non attendances must indeed constitute a gross act of ''civil disobedience.''

Perchance those gross acts of ''civil disobedience'' could be bordering on treason which seems to be the trendy charge being bandied about at the moment. whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

It's called exercising your right to protest yingluck. Clear enough for you?

Her reply could be like this: "Now I get it. That's what some people call democracy, right?"

Exactly! not too difficult to understand. Those that have no right to withdraw their Labour are called slaves!

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you as it seems that you were eager to find out just what the consequences were. You posted before time so you will never know now.

I will rephrase the question:

What were PHEU THAI'S intentions with this bill?

1). as they claim - national reconciliation

2). as people know to be the case - get Thaksin back at all costs no matter the consequences of this action.

OK, so THEIR wishes and not what YOU think it should have consisted of and leave blind Freddy out of it!!!

"please explain this strike"...'err we stopped work'......"oh ok then"

I'm guessing that you have never been a trade unionist then!!

No, never needed a poor excuse to have a lazy day off.

They are fighting against an evil government.

There are people on this planet who are ready to do more than looking for their own short time profit....

• Like 2

To use the Google approach; if enough people strike, the algorithm will deem it not illegal. biggrin.png

To the employees sitting on the fence; don't be feint hearted, make a decision. Your in one camp or the other. Best of luck to you.

Skirting close to the edge aren't we?

Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, ThaiVisa will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.

The poster of the "offending words" (in your opinion of course), IS a moderator.

I suggest he may have been somewhat facetious. But since you are being overly sensitive about his words, why don't you apply for a position as a moderator yourself.

Red shirt sympathizes generally have a thin skin, a bit like their Caddy, who loves dishing it out, but can't take it all.

Won't make any difference to their service level.

Well yes it probably will, because these useless ones that are going on strike, only held things up at the airport, because they didn't know what they were doing. So things should run smoother and more efficient with them out of the road.

What AOT and any other company should do, is give their jobs to someone who wants to work and when they return to work from the illegal unsanctioned strike, inform them their position has been filled and pick up your pay.

"please explain this strike"...'err we stopped work'......"oh ok then"

There are people on this planet who are ready to do more than looking for their own short time profit....

Trade unionists usually strike in the west to protest against something they do not like, no caffeine free coffee in the smoko shed, the toilet paper is too thin, its too hot, its too cold, its too wet, its not safe, work too hard, no mints in the toilet and so on....not to overthrow their government.

Rubbish!!

Unions call for strikes if their working conditions are adversely affected, pay demands are insufficient or unfair, safety compromised or exploitation is being practiced etc:.

Not for silly things such as not having mints in the toilet (a health hazard by the way). They do try to overthrow governments and try to keep them in check when they abuse their power - sound familiar??

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. If you continue in large font, your posts will simply disappear.
  • Like 1

coma post # 10

By virtue of that comment if we judge Madam Prime Minister on her attendance or rather non attendance at Parliament those non attendances must indeed constitute a gross act of ''civil disobedience.''

Perchance those gross acts of ''civil disobedience'' could be bordering on treason which seems to be the trendy charge being bandied about at the moment. whistling.gif

That would be the case only if every time that she didn't attend parliament she was staying at home - as opposed to being on official business elsewhere. Being on official business elsewhere is not withdrawing your labour for the purpose of committing an act of civil disobediance as called for by suthep. Though why on earth Yingluck would be following sutheps orders to protest against herself is a clash of logic only your mind could reconcile.

As always, in your eagerness to score points with your peers you just don't think things through,do you?

Edited by fab4

Trade unionists usually strike in the west to protest against something they do not like, no caffeine free coffee in the smoko shed, the toilet paper is too thin, its too hot, its too cold, its too wet, its not safe, work too hard, no mints in the toilet and so on....not to overthrow their government.

hmm...poland...romania, arabian spring......etc etc

• Like 1

coma post # 10

Maybe she is on strike?

coma post # 10

Maybe she is on strike?

As if anyone would notice this!!!

• Like 2

When you are reacting in response to a stupid ex dem opposition party deputy PM calling for people to go on strike as part of a campaign of civil disobediance?

How come you were confused by that situation?

Seems fairly obvious to me.

So you're saying Mahatma Ghandi should have been arrested for inciting civil disobedience.

When you are reacting in response to a stupid ex dem opposition party deputy PM calling for people to go on strike as part of a campaign of civil disobediance?

How come you were confused by that situation?

Seems fairly obvious to me.

So you're saying Mahatma Ghandi should have been arrested for inciting civil disobedience.

................and anyone in the world calling for a general strike!!

The majority shareholder of THAI(Thai government) has the right to ask why the management is allowing employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join the protests.

I think the answer is easy....because the employees hate the government.

I simply cannot believe you run/own/manage a business, your naivety is simply astonishing.

If you never heard about it: strikes are very common worldwide. For higher salaries, for less working hours, for higher safety standards, against government policies, or against the government.

Here you can learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_strike

It is pretty common:

2002: Italian General Strike

2002–2003: Venezuelan General Strike

2005: Bolivian Gas Conflict

2006: April 2006 Nepalese General Strike

2007: Guinea General Strike

2009: French Caribbean General Strikes

2010: Spanish General Strike

2012: Spanish General Strike the 29th of March

2012: The 14th of Novembre took part a European General Strike in countries as Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus ...

2013: Slovenian Public Sector General Strike

A very important omission Lech Walesa, 14 August 1980, and other strikes, that effectively lead to the downfall of the USSR.

I think the answer is easy....because the employees hate the government.

I simply cannot believe you run/own/manage a business, your naivety is simply astonishing.

If you never heard about it: strikes are very common worldwide. For higher salaries, for less working hours, for higher safety standards, against government policies, or against the government.

Here you can learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_strike

It is pretty common:

2002: Italian General Strike

2002–2003: Venezuelan General Strike

2005: Bolivian Gas Conflict

2006: April 2006 Nepalese General Strike

2007: Guinea General Strike

2009: French Caribbean General Strikes

2010: Spanish General Strike

2012: Spanish General Strike the 29th of March

2012: The 14th of Novembre took part a European General Strike in countries as Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus ...

2013: Slovenian Public Sector General Strike

A very important omission Lech Walesa, 14 August 1980, and other strikes, that effectively lead to the downfall of the USSR.

Of course! Yes, thanks for the add.

Thai on strike? There is absolutely no justification for this. The comparisons with Poland and the like are fatuous. Whoever is leading this should be kicked out . No fan of the govt here but this is beyond the pale. Out the door and files marked " never to be re-employed" it's a form of blackmail. I'm with Yingluck on this one.

Thai on strike? There is absolutely no justification for this. The comparisons with Poland and the like are fatuous. Whoever is leading this should be kicked out . No fan of the govt here but this is beyond the pale. Out the door and files marked " never to be re-employed" it's a form of blackmail. I'm with Yingluck on this one.

So you think that abuse of power and negligence of duty are OK then!!!

She is a serial liar, her cabinet members lie and steal from the people and we should sit back and let it happen - mug!!

It is the responsibility of the govt to maintain essential services. Thai falls into that category. They have no right to withdraw services ( no matter how terrible those services are) simply because they don' like a govt. This is not people power in the sense of Poland or the anti-Marcos movement. Thai staff should demonstrate in their free time but not withdraw services that are in the national interest

She is a serial liar, her cabinet members lie and steal from the people and we should sit back and let it happen - mug!!

I am sure she will be beside herself with happiness and brimming with confidence that you are stood by her side.

And here is todays multi choice question for anyone that has reached a standard to be able to read.

Qu/ Of the following 6 examples, please tick the three that are the HIGHEST on the scale of civil disobedience.

a. Building sharpened bamboo and tyre barricades in Bangkok city center containing fuel cans to aid rapid ignition.

b. Invading a Hospital full of elderly, sick and dying patients.

c. Calling for protestors at the city center to burn down Bangkok and murder soldiers by running them over with your car.

d. Calling for people to go on a 3 day strike from work.

e. Hanging the National Flag on your House.

f. Blowing whistles at people.

Send your answers on the back of a postage stamp to the National IQ test, Plodprasob institute of Scientific excellence.

• Like 2

It is the responsibility of the govt to maintain essential services. Thai falls into that category. They have no right to withdraw services ( no matter how terrible those services are) simply because they don' like a govt. This is not people power in the sense of Poland or the anti-Marcos movement. Thai staff should demonstrate in their free time but not withdraw services that are in the national interest

It is the responsibility of the government to provide good and fair governance to the people who voted them into power and not spend all of their time in trying to get Yingluck's brother back to Thailand, as seems to be the number one priority!!

In striking, they are showing their dissatisfaction in them setting their priorities to this end.

I bet, if you are married, that your wife walks all over you like a door mat.

No, in my opinion this govt is dead in the water. But Thai, as many here know, has an unsavoury relationship with hi-so elements in the opposition. It is inappropriate for corporations ( govt ones at that) to be promoting action that will hurt the economy even more.whatever one thinks of the current govt, it is not helpful to Thailand to push it to a crisis through ill-considered action. The current govt is finished...that change needs to come through the legitimate process currently underway ( and minimise any further damage to a very fragile economy)

hmm...poland...romania, arabian spring......etc etc

So they are all paid up union members are they?

Unions should be banned, they cause outrageous problems and expense for business for no reason other than their own egos, their own holidays and their own selfish agendas.

Plenty of experience with them and the unfounded ridiculous problems they cause within Australia.

No, in my opinion this govt is dead in the water. But Thai, as many here know, has an unsavoury relationship with hi-so elements in the opposition. It is inappropriate for corporations ( govt ones at that) to be promoting action that will hurt the economy even more.whatever one thinks of the current govt, it is not helpful to Thailand to push it to a crisis through ill-considered action. The current govt is finished...that change needs to come through the legitimate process currently underway ( and minimise any further damage to a very fragile economy)

This government is not dead in the water yet.

It is in the Thai people's every interest to hurt the economy (even the government is making a good job of this) to make things difficult and uncomfortable for the government.

What is this legitimate process you keep on talking about and tell me, why is the government finished?

The fact that Thai airways took a 'neutral' stance and said it is up to people's consciences as to what they choose to do means that they understand that things are wrong in what this government is attempting to do.

They must be forced out by any means and allow the Democrats to fix the country - preferably with Yingluck being united with her brother (not in Thailand as she wants, but in Dubai)!!

The legitimate process is the activity on the streets ( and, of course the behind the scenes stuff). This will end with 2 words " I resign". If that isn't forthcoming, it will be reduced to 1 word: " enough". I suspect the time is sooner than we might think. I don't want to see the economy destroyed and the country descend into chaos...,so I hope for those words, SOON