Monk gets drunk over 500,000 Baht lottery loss in front of Pattaya temple

webfact

he wants to be a millionaire too like the other monks featured here before.

me too! but I don't spend 500,000 in lottery. Not even 500. 120Baht? Yes

I spend 150 baht on a lottery back home my ex does it for me we split it if we ever win. Neither one of us needs at a minimum $2,000,000 Canadian at are age. but we would like to have more.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He drinks, he gambles. At least he doesn't fornicate.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? He may well have been screwing his brains out. (what little he had in the way of brains)

They are mostly dropouts not wanting to or cannot hold down and honest job in any event.

Anyways 'som nam naa'

Aren't they meant to forgo all worldly possessions and riches? This will be a savage awakening when the flashbacks kick in......

Why do you think he's getting stocious outside the temple...?

No quicker way to forgo all wordly possessions and riches. In the great scheme of buddhist things the guy actually got some boon for giving it way. At least that's how I would try to justify it if I was in his place. tongue.png

• Like 1

How do you arrive at that conclusion? He may well have been screwing his brains out. (what little he had in the way of brains)

They are mostly dropouts not wanting to or cannot hold down and honest job in any event.

Anyways 'som nam naa'

Many monk just as normal people. They just they in a temple, cause otherwise they would have to sleep on the street.

There are many unemployed people, without family or any future, so they said to themself, why not stay in a temple.

From unemployed to a respected person. ....

Anyways 'som nam naa'

I've not met all monks, so can't comment on "mostly". Perhaps its time to put the broad brush of criticism back in the drawer along with the bigotry pencils.

• Like 2

You all forget these monks are human beings to and just like us not so perfect and some have gone to the temples to rid themselves of their demons but sadly sometimes we drift back on the wrong path so all I say to you all judge not lest you be judged. We have priest in my country getting drunk fornicating etc. So give him a break who knows what demons the poor man has to deal with. To err is human to forgive is divine. Good luck to him and I hope he finds his way back Buddha will forgive so should you.

• Like 2

Many monk just as normal people. They just they in a temple, cause otherwise they would have to sleep on the street.

There are many unemployed people, without family or any future, so they said to themself, why not stay in a temple.

From unemployed to a respected person. ....

Normal they may very well be. But what "normal" people spend 500.000 bath on the lottery, which has a 99,99% possibility to end up with just some stang and coins back?

I am amazed how and why so many thais are throwing away their money. Too often they spend whatever they can get their hands on. It just doesnt make any sense.

Detachment from the material world may be easier if you're poor and don't have much to detach from. If you're poor and 500K in debt, detachment probably becomes a lot more complicated and a lot more difficult. Tough hole to dig out of.

Edited by marell
  • Like 1

doesn't add up. why would a monk who is applying for welfare have half a million to spend on the lottery? perhaps he is talking about an imagined jackpot which did not materialize, perhaps he just concocted a sob story for sympathy.

A bit like you concocted your post just to increase your post count. Why post if you have no idea ???

We don't know that yet,,,,,whistling.gif

It seems many only know what they read and yet, there appears to be much comfort in playing policeman, judge, jury and executioner.

Easy Does It.