apple Thailand but phones come from Singapore

longjonsilver

Hi,

Purcahsed an iPhone 5s from Apple store Thailand as the stores here in Chiang Mai are all sold out .... ordered a 5s from Apple store Thailand with free delivery BUT just checked tracking info and can see its coming from Singapore...so my concerns are will I be made to pay any import tax ? delivery via DHL

Anyone else bought through Apple store Thailand ?

I refuse to pay any import tax or extra

NO!

All Apple / Macs products from the Thai online store, come from Singapore or Hong Kong, tax is included in the price... thumbsup.gif

Umm., that's news to me.

Well it's true....facepalm.gif

That's where the Apple Mac products are shipped from when buy from Thai the online store.... and there is no problem with the warranties either, except the service centres are in BKK, I listed three or four authorized service centres, a couple of months ago in this forum, for BKK. (perhaps Service Centres in CM too? .... Call Apple they will tell you! )

What is shipped from where depends, on the product you order... You see the shipping tracking on line too....you sign when it arrives... Amazing but true, even in Thailand....thumbsup.gif

NO!

All Apple / Macs products from the Thai online store, come from Singapore or Hong Kong, tax is included in the price... thumbsup.gif

Umm., that's news to me.

My iPhone 5 was bought online and came from Singapore (couriered to my front door) and no, there was no question of my paying anything extra).

its already built into the price. hence Thai Apple store is not cheap.

They are cheaper than most Apple stores.

Example:

My MacBookAir i7, 8GB Ram, 128GB Flash Storage = 43,100 Baht which is approx EUR 1.000.

For the same conficurations I would pay in Europe EUR 1,345

• Like 1

its already built into the price. hence Thai Apple store is not cheap.

They are cheaper than most Apple stores.

Example:

My MacBookAir i7, 8GB Ram, 128GB Flash Storage = 43,100 Baht which is approx EUR 1.000.

For the same conficurations I would pay in Europe EUR 1,345

Also near same or cheaper than waiting to buy from an Apple Store or reseller "back home."

• 9 months later...

What I am saying is , Singapore has a better variety of goods etc. on it's online store , so if I want something and I do not mind paying the shipping and taxes where is the problem.

Thailand's apple online store has to have the least selection of accessories then any other site I have visited.

Yet I still have to use it.

Once again , another of apples little mysteries.

What I am saying is , Singapore has a better variety of goods etc. on it's online store , so if I want something and I do not mind paying the shipping and taxes where is the problem.

Thailand's apple online store has to have the least selection of accessories then any other site I have visited.

Yet I still have to use it.

Once again , another of apples little mysteries.

yes good point.... they do miss out on a few things....

I think a case of just calling them on the toll free line... have the model/ item number you need... wink.png