Plodprasob retaliates

webfact

I can't fathom this business that keeps coming up about 'propaganda' posts. Are the posters that make this accusation so certain they're right that they believe no one could hold a different opinion to them unless they were paid or a propagandist or something along those lines? Even if they were paid, it wouldn't make them necessarily wrong. Robert Amsterdam is paid and I disagree with a lot of what he writes but not all (I agreed with him that the amnesty was wrong, for instance). In the end I think you should deal with the argument and not worry about the motives of the poster.

I also believe that posting on an internet forum and arguing with people who hold completely different opinions to your own is a good way - if not the best way - of challenging your own views. mrtoad says his mind is made up because he lived through the red shirt violence and was affected by it personally and I think that's fair enough. I also know red shirt sympathisers who say they were either with the red shirts in 2010, or have seen friends/family greatly affected by what happened and will never change their minds regards Abhisit and Suthep. Also understandable.

I mean, it's difficult to argue with someone who was affected by something personally. But where does that get us in the end?

Nowhere.

Like all the conversations in this forum.

Nowhere... It's just a way to spend time wink.png

Is it? is that how you view it?

It's just a way to spend time?

Do you actually care about Thai people at all? .... All of them, the Thai people you live with, the Thai people you associate with.

At a guess, I would say that you don't.

The ones who support insane MP's and extremists who want to overthrow the government and bring back the same chaos as in 2006 have, in my opinion, a strange way to "care".

It is obvious that their way to "care" does not bring us anywhere, any time soon...

A good way to "care" would be for the Dems to come and sit at the reconciliation table. But they systematically refuse to take part in any talk. Worse, they launch a new round of protests that fuels the vicious circle started years ago by the yellows, while common sense would be to stop this absurdity.

What is happening on this forum, even if it is a farang getho, is typical of what happens around these protests. The brains are stuck in the hate mode. The hate for Thaksin and everything that can be connected to him. The group effect and the hateful speeches of their leaders makes so that the people can't think rationally anymore. The people only care for themselves, their own feelings, their own wishes, their own lives... but nobody cares for the people in general.

The Dems want to have it their way only. The Yellows also. Their way does not involve the people of Thailand. They don't care at all about the millions of people who voted for Thaksin. It is certainly not by looking down at millions of people that they will ever win an election. They just can't win an election. That's why they prefer to "care" from the streets... and only for their own kind.

If you don't mind, I will "care" for the side that believes in elections and wants to support the elected government, rather than the ones whose only aim is to overthrow it.

I also prefer to "care" for the side that is all the time denigrated by the Dems, the yellows, and too many of the members on this forum. This condescendent behaviour, coming most of the time from very average people, gives me nausea...

So, where does all this bring us? Nowhere for sure.

Our conversations on this forum? Nowhere at all. Just a loss of time which will never change anything... apart from our English writing skills (for the non native speakers at least biggrin.png )

Edited by gerry1011

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't mind, I will "care" for the side that believes in elections and wants to support the elected government, rather than the ones whose only aim is to overthrow it.

In essence, you prefer the political machine over most people's needs.

Thanks for the confirmation

Edited by Thaddeus

If you don't mind, I will "care" for the side that believes in elections and wants to support the elected government, rather than the ones whose only aim is to overthrow it.

In essence, you prefer the political machine over most people's needs.

Thanks for the confirmation

But Gerry. Do you care about democracy?

that means a government that takes ALL opinions including the oppositions.

In another thread was a reminder of Thaksins view of democracy.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

The ones who support insane MP's and extremists who want to overthrow the government and bring back the same chaos as in 2006 have, in my opinion, a strange way to "care".

It is obvious that their way to "care" does not bring us anywhere, any time soon...

I assume you're talking about the chaos prior to 19 September 2006, right ?

He blew his whistle and then his top and split... laugh.png

Plodprasop run out of hearing

HUNDREDS of local residents in Phichit yesterday blew whistles to expel Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi from a public hearing in a symbolic gesture opposing the government's mega water and flood schemes.

Dozens of banners protesting a hearing on the government's Bt350-billion water and flood-management scheme were set up around the city sports gymnasium, the venue for the public event.

The hearing was organised by the PM's Office. Over 4,000 people attended to voice their concerns and opinions toward the mammoth water and flood project.

As Plodprasop arrived, about 200 villagers opposing the water and flood scheme blew whistles to drive him out.

Plodprasop pointed at the protesters and used his personal whistle to blow back at them before entering the gymnasium and attending the public hearing.

Another protesters' group had presented with him a bundle of grass.

"If you're thinking like this, just eat grass not rice," a villager shouted at him.

However, after Plodprasop had been at the event for five minutes, he left the stadium as a group of shouting and whistling protesters complained about the government's bid to push the project.

"I believe the government is trying to distort the information on the project, and is not telling us the truth," Phichit Provincial Administration Organisation chief Chartchai Jiamsripong, who led a group of protesters, said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Plodprasop-run-out-of-hearing-30219986.html