Best Place for Christmas Day

pmf113b

If you don't mind spending a lot for a great variety of delicious holiday food, the most reliable places are:

The Duke's

The Holiday Inn

Le Meridian

For more of a tasty, basic holiday dinner for much less:

Pun Pun

Bake and Bite

The Garden (across from Inter Inn)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I had a good Western xmas Dinner at the Art cafe some years ago .Turkey ,sprouts ,veg etc with a glass of wine for under B300 ,if i remember correctly .

Art Cafe's sister restaurant Hide Away cafe do a very tasty, traditional 3 course lunch,will set you back about 400 baht. Nice garden setting and you won't leave hungry.

Why people pay up to 2,00 baht in a so called high class hotel is beyond me but each to his own.Not sure how they justify the price they charge but obviously they don't have to.

• Like 1

I had a good Western xmas Dinner at the Art cafe some years ago .Turkey ,sprouts ,veg etc with a glass of wine for under B300 ,if i remember correctly .

Art Cafe's sister restaurant Hide Away cafe do a very tasty, traditional 3 course lunch,will set you back about 400 baht. Nice garden setting and you won't leave hungry.

Why people pay up to 2,00 baht in a so called high class hotel is beyond me but each to his own.Not sure how they justify the price they charge but obviously they don't have to.

Hey Sparkles, where are these places?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

I had heard that The Chedi did a great bash last year so I made an enquiry a couple of weeks ago and they came back with 2,800++ w00t.gif

I'll be giving it a miss and looking for something a bit cheaper

• Like 1

I don't want to sound like a cheapy--but during opening week at Central Festival, if you spend 1000 baht at Central Food Hall you get vouchers worth 500 baht to spend at a future date-so it's like a fifty per cent discount. I purchased items, got a vouchers, went back and spent another 1000 baht and got another bunch of vouchers. What I did was ordered my stuffed Christmas turkey already which will be delivered on Christmas day, and I got a 1000 baht discount on the purchase.

There is no place like home to have a few friends over and have a nice leisurely dinner.

• Like 2

I don't want to sound like a cheapy--but during opening week at Central Festival, if you spend 1000 baht at Central Food Hall you get vouchers worth 500 baht to spend at a future date-so it's like a fifty per cent discount. I purchased items, got a vouchers, went back and spent another 1000 baht and got another bunch of vouchers. What I did was ordered my stuffed Christmas turkey already which will be delivered on Christmas day, and I got a 1000 baht discount on the purchase.

There is no place like home to have a few friends over and have a nice leisurely dinner.

Always found it hard to get into the Christmas spirit over here and the one time I went to Hi class hotel spread I found it somewhat contrived.

Sounds like you have the right idea shepsel.

I guess this doesn't help the OP out much, unless of course you invite him over.giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

Edited by habfan

Clever guy and right on with the best place for a Christmas diner. Do they slice and deliver them?

Hi Guys, since we are talking abt christmas does anyone know where i can buy rich cake in CNX?

Thx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ask at butter is Better.

I don't know if they slice the turkey, Khun Hellodolly, but they will deliver it. I've ordered mine already for Christmas day. A big plus is that there are always one or two western staff on hand whom you can communicate with and get direct answers.

Dailyicious and Love at First Bite also do some wonderful cakes--some are superb and others are so-so. And, you cannot beat the mango chiffon cheese cake from Upper Crust. Unfortunately the bakeries do not deliver.

Clever guy and right on with the best place for a Christmas diner. Do they slice and deliver them?

Hi Guys, since we are talking abt christmas does anyone know where i can buy rich cake in CNX?

Thx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ask at butter is Better.

Somewhat expensive, but very good and lots of variety:

The Duke's

The Holiday Inn

Le Meridian

Much cheaper, still tasty - a traditional holiday meal without all the bells and whistles:

Bake and Bite

Gekko Garden

Edited by Ulysses G.

The hotel prices range from about 550 baht per person at the Dungtawan to several thousand baht at the four and five star hotels. I've done the math, and I will either purchase a Butterball turkey at Macro and stuff it myself at 175 baht a kilo, and roast it in my oven, or order a stuffed and cooked turkey from Central Food Hall at Festival Mall, and have them deliver it on Christmas Day. I will invite a number of friends, and we will share the costs which will work out quite a bit less expensive than dinner at the hotels. Everyone will have a nice leisurely dinner at home and my housekeeper will clean everything up. There will probably be leftovers for several days as well!!!

My first real Chrismas dinner in Thailand was at the Westin - now the Holiday Inn - for 500 baht and it was pretty much as good as anything in town today. It was almost impossible to get good Western food and especially desserts back then, so it really was an impressive feast.

Edited by Ulysses G.

My first real Chrismas dinner in Thailand was at the Westin - now the Holiday Inn - for 500 baht and it was pretty much as good as anything in town today. It was almost impossible to get good Western food and especially desserts back then, so it really was an impressive feast.

The way the have upped the prices over the last couple of years it will be close to 4 x 500 this year!

• Like 1

re

they do a good fish and chips there :)

go past the front of flight of the gibbon near thaphae gate

at the cross roads go straight on ( where the tuk tuks going ) for about three hundred yards

and its on the right ... opposite inter inn

enjoy :) .... dave2

post-42592-0-46684200-1385296808_thumb.j

post-42592-0-23336200-1385296841_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14820500-1385296879_thumb.j

post-42592-0-52263700-1385296913_thumb.j

post-42592-0-47815100-1385296942_thumb.j

post-42592-0-60033800-1385296969_thumb.j

Very nice people at the Garden. Good food (they used to work at Bake and Bite and use some of the same recipes) and very pleasant atmosphere for a good price.

Their Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, vegetables, desert and non-acoholic drinks is 395 baht and when I've eaten their holiday meals before, they were very tasty.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Thanks in advance.

I had heard that The Chedi did a great bash last year so I made an enquiry a couple of weeks ago and they came back with 2,800++ w00t.gif

I'll be giving it a miss and looking for something a bit cheaper

Maybe the Old CHEDI's new owners have Hiked the price for new Signage and other printing associated with the name change!