Suthep vows to 'eradicate Thaksin regime'

Lite Beer

Suthep calls on followers to overthrow 'Thaksin regime'
The Nation

30219772-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban Friday night announced from the Rajdamnoen rally stage that he intended to increase the intensity of the protest against the government and added that he now intended to overthrow the Thaksin regime.

He said at 7pm that the blanket amnesty bill was just the tip of the iceberg of a bigger problem for the country and identified that problem as the Thaksin regime.

Suthep opened the so-called "the people’s court" for a second time. The first was three days earlier when he called on people to join the civil disobedience movement.

He then asked the people for a resolution on whether to bring down the Thaksin regime. The protesters replied in the affirmative, applauding and cheering loudly as well as shouting "Thaksin get out".

Suthep called for people to sign their name to a petition for the impeachment of 310 MPs who voted for the blanket amnesty bill, saying they are Thaksin’s slaves.

He said people should sign their names by November 19.

He urged the people not to talk to Thaksin’s slaves and to blow whistles to show their disapproval, especially of DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith, Senate Speaker Nikom Wairatpanich, and House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont.

He also called for people to ban the Thaksin business network. This measure will begin on Saturday.

"As a last measure we will call for government officers to stop working if we have a million protesters here," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-15

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Senator joins rally to 'eradicate Shinawatra govt'

Senator Paiboon Nititawan joined the Democrat-led protest at the Democracy Monument and urged the people to join the fight to topple the "Shinwatra government".

He told the rally that he was very proud to speak on the rally stage because the number of audience was much bigger than in any Senate meeting or joint House-Senate meeting.

He asked the protesters whether they would resolve to fight against the Shinawatra government and the people erupted in "Yes".

He said Yingluck Shinawatra government had committed grave mistakes in four policies - the rice-pledging scheme, the Bt350-billion water-management, the plan to borrow Bt2 trillion for transport deveopments, and Constitutional amendments.

"The people will fight together to bring Shinawatra government down," he told the rally.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-15

Senator Paiboon Nititawan joined the Democrat-led protest at the Democracy Monument and urged the people to join the fight to topple the "Shinwatra government".

He told the rally that he was very proud to speak on the rally stage because the number of audience was much bigger than in any Senate meeting or joint House-Senate meeting.

He asked the protesters whether they would resolve to fight against the Shinawatra government and the people erupted in "Yes".

He said Yingluck Shinawatra government had committed grave mistakes in four policies - the rice-pledging scheme, the Bt350-billion water-management, the plan to borrow Bt2 trillion for transport deveopments, and Constitutional amendments.

"The people will fight together to bring Shinawatra government down," he told the rally.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-15

I thought a Senator needed to be impartial.

Has Abhsit been to any of Suthtep's shows on the roads?

First one party shoots iteslf in the foot - then the only alternative takes aim at its own nose...

And then a  senator (sober second thought and all that) shows up in front of a mob--- (needless to ask whether he was appointed or elected)...

Does anybody in this mess have a mental process beyond-- hate and greed?

Every suspicion about an appointed senate now is confirmed- and the estabilshement parties - both of them- have proved to rely on the streets- this is not West Wing- it is West Side Story.

Yes, Abhisit has indeed been to Suthep's great show.

There is evidence that Abhisit was on the stage.

PT is already seeking the dissolution of the democrat party for that reason.

Everything is on track :)

Nobody knows which track, of course :)

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 2

Here we have a very Brave man,who is speaking good common sense,let us hope Thai people will recognise words of wisdom,and back him,to the hilt!

Sorry, you've lost me there. I see an opportunist or a frightened man worried his murder charge might stick. But I back his cause.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-15

Well we have seen how they have voted,first it was to pass the pro amnesty Bill,and when the people complained,they promptly cancelled their Votes. So no there wasn't an impartial one,out of the whole 310 members.

Here we have a very Brave man,who is speaking good common sense,let us hope Thai people will recognise words of wisdom,and back him,to the hilt!

Sorry, you've lost me there. I see an opportunist or a frightened man worried his murder charge might stick. But I back his cause.

"But I back his cause"

Good choice,the alternative is unthinkable!

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-15

Well we have seen how they have voted,first it was to pass the pro amnesty Bill,and when the people complained,they promptly cancelled their Votes. So no there wasn't an impartial one,out of the whole 310 members.

Ahum, that was the lower house, -from who every one is a member of a political party, while senators are not related to any political party

Edited by PeterSmiles

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-15

Wrong House.

• Like 1

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-15

Wrong House.

Fair enough! my mistake.

• Like 1

He seems to be getting the publicity. He's firing up the crowds. He's pressing a few buttons. And few give a dam_n about his history. Add the group-frenzy mentality to the fiery rhetoric and there could be the makings of something we are reluctant to predict. I don't like this at all. We may not like this character, but if he strikes a chord ... well, I hate to think. Whether we like it or not, Suthep is prepared to push things as far as he can. It's heady stuff, despite our cynicism about him personally. Suthep is clearly trying to manoeuvre this situation into a new level. and that's what worries me.

sorry anything to get rid of the Thaksin clan will be welcome to me and if others are to nice to play dirty well then it needs someone like him even with his obvious dark side to stop Thailand descending slowly into a one party state. Also if it comes to it I hope the army will again stop the megalomaniac

turning Thailand into his own north Korea. Pol pot was also elected. I doubt sheep will ever agree but its only way if people here are happy to sell their votes and so naive as to believe Thaksin will do them any good. Ive lived here through many coups and bad governments but this lot is worst of any ive seen.

No argument from me. I'm only concerned about another round of violence - I just don't want to see any more deaths, especially if the alternatives have not been exhausted (although I have no idea what they might be). I saw friends and colleagues turned into cripples and alcoholics after both 1992 and 2010. Please, no more.