Issues with red plates.

kekalot

hey people.

I have bought a new Honda Wave from Cha-am.. received the red plates and was told to wait for the white plates to come, it's almost been 2 months now and I have not heard back from them

my problem is this, I want to travel all around Thailand but I still have to receive the blue/green book (whichever color it is), the sticker and those plates.. so apparently I am "legally limited" to driving in Phetchaburi only and cannot drive after 6 PM and before 6 AM.

I like driving my motorbike at night ;(

I have read a little bit about the subject on here and different forums.. and I planned to go see the Honda dealer on Monday and tell them i need the plates pronto because I have to leave the country soon..

I will also ask them to write me a paper saying that the plates are not in yet and I am still waiting for them.. right after that I will go to the Land Transport Office and ask them the same questions.. and try to get them to give me the same kind of paperwork as well..

I don't fancy getting stopped and fined for having red plates too much and I plan to travel all over Thailand on my Wave.

I do have my Thai drivers license and some little papers they gave me when I bought the bike cash.

did anyone ever do anything to get them to give up plates faster?
anything else you guys think of that could help them get a move on?

My white number plate comes on Monday and I bought it end of August.

Dealer whattsapp me yesterday.

I think it's in the hands of the Gods.

I personally wouldn't ride around the country on a wave on red plates and would certainly keep my night time riding down to an absolute minimum.

Good luck.

Bug the hell out of him, get him off his ass and you off yours, call him or go to the dealer and start asking questions also you can get the paper work and register it yourself. The paper work tends to come from Honda after it has been sold then all the mucking about at the Land office which can be done very fast only a few days.

Bug the hell out of him, get him off his ass and you off yours, call him or go to the dealer and start asking questions also you can get the paper work and register it yourself. The paper work tends to come from Honda after it has been sold then all the mucking about at the Land office which can be done very fast only a few days.

I had a lot of reading about this subject and "apparently" the reason why it takes so much time is that the Honda dealers like to hold the funds as long as possible without paying Honda.. (to get more interest?)

another problem that I might have is that the plates that they gave me are not even real red plates..

they do not have that Thai crest indent in the corner (had to go check last night after reading about it).. not very legal I heard.

I have a few older Thai friends here but none of them are the vocal type, they wouldn't come with me and argue with them

That blue book.you have to write down every day where you go.

They can nick you for not filling it in

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

is it a blue book for motorbikes? i read online it was brown.. maybe just for cars.

anyways, with copy plates you get NO book at all..

they can nick me for copy plates

they can nick me for night driving

they can nick me for driving out of province

they can nick me for not filling the book I never received

possibly nick me for the lack of sticker?

but ha! cannot nick me for drivers license tho..

That blue book.you have to write down every day where you go.

They can nick you for not filling it in

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What blue book are you talking about?

@kekalot

I wouldn't worry about it. It's quite normal these days for plates to take a few months to arrive. Bugging your dealer won't help much as it's out of his hands. I've bought 2 new bikes here and in Bangkok you don't even get red plates, you just ride with no plates. I was stopped a few times and never once was I asked about having no plates or using it at night because it's a new bike. I even used my 'plateless' bikes to ride up country and never had any problem at road blocks etc

Just ride your bike when you want, the police here don't really care about that sort of thing so don't worry about it. Don't let it get in the way of your plans as it's really not a big issue, and if by some miracle a policeman did use it as an excuse to fine you, it's only 100-200Baht, would you really let that tiny amount get in the way of doing something you want to do?

similar to a couple of the above. I've been waiting for my plates for 2.5 months and finally this week I contacted the dealer and was informed that 'yes, they have arrived'.

>>_<\

have had no problems riding without plates. will go pick them up on the weekend..

similar to a couple of the above. I've been waiting for my plates for 2.5 months and finally this week I contacted the dealer and was informed that 'yes, they have arrived'.

>>_<\

have had no problems riding without plates. will go pick them up on the weekend..

I've followed the suggestions of some member and went to give them a little bit of pressure, i showed them my Visa was expiring on the 1st of December

she said "mai bpen rai, can come back and get plates when you come back thailand!"

I said, "no. i need my bike to leave and they will not let me cross borders without proper plates, sticker and blue/green book"

i think one of them ladies kinda like me, she made some calls and told me that I should come back on Friday or Saturday and they should have them

with my luck, they will not have them and tell me to wait another week.

ohh, could anyone please take a picture of that brown book I am "supposed" to have.

clear enough that they can read what it says on it and i can show them the picture maybe?

I was trying to tell them I needed the brown book but the Honda dealer people seemed oblivious to them.

maybe also if someone has a picture of what REAL motorbike red plates are supposed to look like, I would appreciate that too.. I looked up some red plates on google but I am not sure which ones are for cars and which ones are for bikes

can blur/block/hide personal information from them or plates, of course

^

attached.

but i never got a red plate or a brown book. they gave me a normal plate and green book directly after 6 months.

good luck. the best way should be going to the police station and telling them to call the dealer about this to pressure them.

post-184955-0-13411500-1384940282_thumb.