Buying Grape Vines in Bangkok ? Chatuchak ?

bermondburi

Yes Chachuchak sells them at the side of the skytrain. Also Kanchanaphisek road where it meets Rattanatibet road but chatuchak is probably easyier to find for you. I gave up with them and grow passionfruits now, sweet ones. For grapes i want to grow jaboticaba tree's from Brasil.

Yes Chachuchak sells them at the side of the skytrain. Also Kanchanaphisek road where it meets Rattanatibet road but chatuchak is probably easyier to find for you. I gave up with them and grow passionfruits now, sweet ones. For grapes i want to grow jaboticaba tree's from Brasil.

Cheers for that . I used to live in Bang Bua Thong so I think I know where you mean . Do you mean all the plant shops on one side of Kanchanapisek around BangYai area ? Got a SIL still there . When I'm in Thailand next year I'll check it out .

Cheers for that . I used to live in Bang Bua Thong so I think I know where you mean . Do you mean all the plant shops on one side of Kanchanapisek around BangYai area ? Got a SIL still there . When I'm in Thailand next year I'll check it out .

If you drive from Rattana-thibet to kanchana phisek then you turn right onto kanchana phisek. Then you pass the Big King mall and the Big C supermarket who will be on your left-hand side. Then before you see the first U-turn bridge there are the tree-shops on your lefthand-side. The first 3 tree-shops that you see can help you. The 3rd shop sure has them standing outside and he can speak english as well but also the other shops can help you since they all work together as a family. The man had grapetree's for 800 baht and they were 10 feet (2.5 metres) high last year. Small ones are cheaper, i bought mine on chatuchak.

They have many more rare tree's availlable but only the man in the 3rd shop speaks english and he is not always availlable.

• 1 month later...

any help on where i could get my grow equpment, just got to thailand. Want to get a ph tester, rockwool, good soil, nutrients etc. humidifier box. etc!!! any help would be great. thank you.

As with our previous poster Chatuchak is a good place to start and easy to find, assuming you're in Bangkok of course, what is your location?

Are you looking for hydroponics supplies? I suggest you try a search in this forum, this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/152056-hydroponic-farming/ has some excellent information.

Are you looking at industrial scale or kitchen garden size kit?

• 10 months later...

Hi

Want to start growing grape vines to replace my maracujas ie passion fruit climbers as a natural sun roof as I had in France years ago in my garden.

Which kind of vines can one find here and if there are more than one which one to choose to serve as combination of shade giver and producing some eatable grapes on top of it,

Ian I asking to much"?

Location eastern seaboard.

Any tip will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Wenne

Hi

Want to start growing grape vines to replace my maracujas ie passion fruit climbers as a natural sun roof as I had in France years ago in my garden.

Which kind of vines can one find here and if there are more than one which one to choose to serve as combination of shade giver and producing some eatable grapes on top of it,

Ian I asking to much"?

Location eastern seaboard.

Any tip will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Wenne

The grapes will grow in your location but not sure if you can get them to fruit.

I had passionfruit growing as well but they don't last long and can be full of dead leaves.

Now i grow the red jadevine against the sun. They also have the turqoise jadevine in BKK.

If you want a fruiting vine you might want to go for this one:

https://www.google.nl/search?newwindow=1&espv=2&q=rubber+vine+fruit&oq=rubber+vine+fruit&gs_l=serp.3..35i39j0i22i30.3422.4144.0.5166.6.6.0.0.0.0.172.422.0j3.3.0....0...1c.1.58.serp..3.3.421.vklCToe6LE0