Star Translation Service

Dustoff

~

On a thread some time ago I recommended Star translation service, a few doors down from the American Consulate, and I will no longer do so.

Our four previous experiences with them were not altogether bad but we did have to return one of their translations for a redo since it contained many unacceptable mistakes.

I recently brought another very important document to them that had taken me literally months to obtain from my government and, although they are still searching, the orginal seems to be irretrevably lost. :o

Fortunately I had the foresight to scan the original into my computer but still, a copy is NOT the same as an original legal document.

If anyone knows of a more reliable "legal" translation service, I would appreciate knowing about them.

Thanks.

What about the translation service at cmu? I recently had my will translated there, and was impressed with the results...

Language Institute, Chiang Mai University

HB 6, room No.6160, Faculty of Humanities,

Chiang Mai University

239 Huey Kaew Road

T. Sutep, A. Muang,

Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200

www.li.chiangmai.ac.th

E-mail address :[email protected] , [email protected]

Tel. 04-8044188 66 53 942 655 Fax. 66 53 942 656

CMU's language department will have to be recognized by the Thai Government as an entity to translate legal documents before we can use them. If that's already the case then I would say the recommendation is a good one. Also you might check with ICO to see if they are licensed to do legal translations.