Places with Fast Internet in Chiang Mai - Coffee shops, Restaurants, etc

iuri

Hi,

I'm in CM for 1 month and need to upload my photos online (around 30GB).

Do you know any Coffee shop, Restaurant, Hotel, Internet Cafe, etc with REALLY fast internet?

The places I've tried are very slow, around 0.5mbps upload max.

Best way is to share the speedtest.net results in the comments.

thanks

perhaps change the format of your photos to something less large? jpeg? perhaps others know of even better formats.

sorry, can't, i need to upload the original RAW files... so 30GB and growing.

Fastest internet i've had so far was DTAC 3G Tethering from my phone but the 3GB monthly limit for 650THB is too pricey.

anywhere in thailand the standard upload speed is 512kb to 1mb and that is at home with personal connection.

In bangkok higher speeds are possible, with private internet packages. Doubt Chiang Mai has it.

Public internet probably the same (max. 1mb, so 30+ GB would just be impossible, sitting in an cafe, starbucks

Only option would be DHL or something.

using xz compression in linux zips things pretty well if thats an option.

Agreed.

True Coffee at Central Festival has a very strong 802.11ac wireless which is really fast. But you need to subscribe to a True Move H plan that includes Wi-Fi access.

Edited by infernalman7

perhaps change the format of your photos to something less large? jpeg? perhaps others know of even better formats.

sorry, can't, i need to upload the original RAW files... so 30GB and growing.

Fastest internet i've had so far was DTAC 3G Tethering from my phone but the 3GB monthly limit for 650THB is too pricey.

If the purpose is to backup RAW files, you might be able to save yourself a lot of time by burning them to a blu-ray disk and mailing it back to your home. Taking up a table at coffee shops and restaurants to upload your photos might seem like a clever strategy, but is that really how you want to spend your holiday in Chiang Mai? Even if you can get a consistent upload speed to your server of 2 Mb/s (unlikely), it's going to take 66 hours to upload 30GB of data.

Edited by AngelsLariat

If the purpose is to backup RAW files, you might be able to save yourself a lot of time by burning them to a blu-ray disk and mailing it back to your home.  Taking up a table at coffee shops and restaurants to upload your photos might seem like a clever strategy, but is that how you really how you want to spend your holiday in Chiang Mai?  Even if you can get a consistent upload speed to your server of 2 Mb/s (unlikely), it's going to take 66 hours to upload 30GB of data.

"And here's a picture of me uploading my pictures" ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2