Abhisit says Tarit framed him, Suthep over 2010 riots

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarit and the DSI have rules that they need to follow and legal processes and procedures that also need to be adhered to.

If this case is kicked out as it seems engineered to do so, it will be to the detriment of the of the deceased and their families and very clearly the fault of Tarit who should equally have been held accountable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Look, the guy went to eton and Oxford. He's been in debating societies, ethics classes, legal logic classes etc. He is academically way up there, and yet he appears very slow witted and predictable.

He pipes up he was set up, when all he has to ask "where is the order he gave to shoot people, under which circumstances?". This would be perfect for him because ptp have forgiven the army arbitrarily, when the fault is theirs.

He really should dare ptp to go after the army....

Hay Thai at heart that's not what he is doing right now.

He is not defending himself against any charges he is after Tarit for twisting facts in order to frame him, different things.

Now, provided the charges are accepted, Tarit has to come forth and prove that everything he used in pushing the indictments is true.

Do you think he will be able to do that ?

What different facts? By going down this path he is inviting himself to court. He can't justify people getting shot because the black shirts were there. Shooting unarmed people isn't justified.

Or does he think it's OK that so many unarmed people for injured because the black shirts were around?, hardly a very clever argument.

No it's not OK that unarmed protestors got shot, so don't even justify it. Just state "I didn't order anyone to shoot any anarmed people. Go speak to the army".

• Like 2

When common sense prevails over the cult of Thaksin, and it will, I would not like to be in Tarit's shoes. As a leader of CRES that ordered the well deserved crackdown on violent insurrectionists back in 2010, and then as part of Thaksin's goon squad that persecutes the leaders of CRES for having done the cracking down he is several shades of wrong however you look at it.

Tart is playing a risky game here. He wont be able to remain hiding down the back of Thaksin's trousers when Abhisit comes to trial. Even some of the red shirt families were after his blood.

• Like 1

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe.

In any decent political spectrum Abhisit would be hard pushed to get appointed junior minister for filling in the holes in the road or similar. Possibly he could be mayor of a small provincial town. Unfortunately for Thailand when compared to the Fraggle Rock extras and other assorted detritus that inhabit the Thaksin side of things he appears as the shining light. Which is rather depressing for the country as a whole.

Thailand deserves so much better than any of them. It's the silent majority I feel for. Decent people just wanting to get on with their lives. They must look around or watch the news and think " Not again <deleted>"

I've never understood why people believe the Thai electorate deserve better. Every single one of them would be enjoying the benefits of the corruption by Thais in such positions, given the chance, as it is throughout Thai society from the lowly Policeman on the street all the way up to the cabinet.

In my opinion they get the politicians they so richly deserve (pun intended).

Every single one of them? Pretty wide brush you're painting an entire people with wouldnt you say?

So no statement to claim that the charges themselves are bogus or that his orders were legal?

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe. Framed or not, where is the order that he gave to shoot unarmed civilians?

This hearing is not related directly to the case of the shootings.

This is a lawsuit against Tarit accusing him of trumping up the charges and fixing the facts so they could be charged.

Abhisit is the plaintiff, not the accused.

• Like 2

So no statement to claim that the charges themselves are bogus or that his orders were legal?

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe. Framed or not, where is the order that he gave to shoot unarmed civilians?

This is a lawsuit against Tarit accusing him of trumping up the charges and fixing the facts so they could be charged.

Point taken, my mistake. Strange defence from abhisit... how can this court rule that evidence has been fabricated if the other car hasn't be heard? What evidence?

I love how Thailand continues to create these legal incongruities.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Tarit and the DSI have rules that they need to follow and legal processes and procedures that also need to be adhered to.

If this case is kicked out as it seems engineered to do so, it will be to the detriment of the of the deceased and their families and very clearly the fault of Tarit who should equally have been held accountable

Well the dsi has largely concluded that the guys holding the guns didn't kill anyone, but that through some amazing hypnotic power abhisit and Suthep did.

So laughing at tarits legalese isn't too difficult.

In a murder case, the one that open fire and the guy giving the order share equal responsibility.

Well the dsi has largely concluded that the guys holding the guns didn't kill anyone, but that through some amazing hypnotic power abhisit and Suthep did.

In a murder case, the one that open fire and the guy giving the order share equal responsibility.

Not at all, in any way shape or form. That is nonsense.

And definitely not if the guy pulling the trigger doesn't do so in accordance with his orders.

• Like 1

Point taken, my mistake. Strange defence from abhisit... how can this court rule that evidence has been fabricated if the other car hasn't be heard? What evidence?

I love how Thailand continues to create these legal incongruities.

It's more of an pre-hearing to decide if the case has enough merit for an case to be tabled by the court.

I am sure there would have been a lot more things used, just not reported in detail.

I hope they do indict Tarit, that means that the cases against AV and ST should be thrown straight out.

That would be yet another classic backfire. If Tarit ended up in prison over it, then all the more delicious.

Really? Let me give you a difficult question. In your logic, please explain why the military is cleared already.