Abhisit says Tarit framed him, Suthep over 2010 riots

webfact

I've been framed. I've been framed. Well AV now you know how Thaskin feels.

My friend... You are far too immature to comment on politics. All your posts are what I would expect from my teenage children who equally don't have the first clue about politics.

May I suggest the Classifieds section?

Remember when Mark was in power?

Mark was glad to have Tarit in CRES, as he thought up all good ideas to Frame the Red shirts, Men in Black & Thaksin.

What comes around goes around.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, the guy went to eton and Oxford. He's been in debating societies, ethics classes, legal logic classes etc. He is academically way up there, and yet he appears very slow witted and predictable.

He pipes up he was set up, when all he has to ask "where is the order he gave to shoot people, under which circumstances?". This would be perfect for him because ptp have forgiven the army arbitrarily, when the fault is theirs.

He really should dare ptp to go after the army....

"where is the order he gave to shoot people, under which circumstances?"

Don't worry that will turn up but not at this stage. This hearing is only decide whether there is a case against Tharit to answer, who knows what abhisit will be like when they start asking the hard questions in his murder case?

Edited by fab4

Look, the guy went to eton and Oxford. He's been in debating societies, ethics classes, legal logic classes etc. He is academically way up there, and yet he appears very slow witted and predictable.

He pipes up he was set up, when all he has to ask "where is the order he gave to shoot people, under which circumstances?". This would be perfect for him because ptp have forgiven the army arbitrarily, when the fault is theirs.

"where is the order he gave to shoot people, under which circumstances?"

Don't worry that will turn up but not at this stage. This hearing is only decide whether there is a case against Tharit to answer, who knows what abhisit will be like when they start asking the hard questions in his murder case?

Please keep the " ethics classes" out of the equation. He is " ethics Vietnamese"

I've been framed. I've been framed. Well AV now you know how Thaskin feels.

My friend... You are far too immature to comment on politics. All your posts are what I would expect from my teenage children who equally don't have the first clue about politics.

May I suggest the Classifieds section?

Agreed, my 4 year old has a cute saying which can well be applied here " no brain - no thinking"

What different facts? By going down this path he is inviting himself to court. He can't justify people getting shot because the black shirts were there. Shooting unarmed people isn't justified.

Or does he think it's OK that so many unarmed people for injured because the black shirts were around?, hardly a very clever argument.

No it's not OK that unarmed protestors got shot, so don't even justify it. Just state "I didn't order anyone to shoot any anarmed people. Go speak to the army".

That's exactly what abhisit is stating as his "defence"

Abhisit has dismissed the case as political retribution and said he’d sue the DSI for violating the law in bringing the charges. An emergency decree in place during the protests provides him immunity if the actions were not discriminatory or disproportionate, he said, adding that a court confirmed that armed people were among the protesters.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-21/abhisit-defends-thai-army-actions-in-fighting-murder-charges.html

Didn't take long for the man with all that alleged "strength" to start wobbling, did it?

Are you referring to chalerm at the end of the story?

He is talking about Thaksin's lap dog Tarit. They guy from the Department Of Special Investigations that has yesterday declared war against whistle blowers.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

He voiced suspicion that the DSI and the Office of the Attorney General had conspired to frame him and Suthep in order to pressure opposition lawmakers to accept the amnesty bill

Exactly. If this actually goes to trial there is no way Abhsit and Suthep will get canned. Since the amnesty is now "dead" a failed case against these two will just make the government (and DSI) look pretty stupid. Would not be surprised if the charges now disappear into the ether.

Tarit and the DSI have rules that they need to follow and legal processes and procedures that also need to be adhered to.

If this case is kicked out as it seems engineered to do so, it will be to the detriment of the of the deceased and their families and very clearly the fault of Tarit who should equally have been held accountable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well the dsi has largely concluded that the guys holding the guns didn't kill anyone, but that through some amazing hypnotic power abhisit and Suthep did.

So laughing at tarits legalese isn't too difficult.

In a murder case, the one that open fire and the guy giving the order share equal responsibility.

And this is a simple murder case is it?

As PM at the time, Abhisit showed enormous restraint for a considerable period of time. In many other countries, including my own (UK) and the US, we would have seen a similar outcome, but much earlier.

A government has the right, indeed, a duty to the general population, to quell civil disobedience. In 2010 in Bangkok, the red shirts and their mercenaries were running amok, and it was only after the authorities, in the form of the Army and Police, came under fire that the order to bring the situation under control was given.

No-one gave any order to shoot unarmed, peaceful protesters, and indeed, the armed contingent of the protesters were given advance warning that the government had set up 'live firing' zones, so they had the option of disarming and moving out of their barricades, but they chose to take a stand.

How would the red shirt apologists on this forum have dealt with the situation...?!

• Like 2

So no statement to claim that the charges themselves are bogus or that his orders were legal?

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe. Framed or not, where is the order that he gave to shoot unarmed civilians?

You seem to forget that the Reds gave been warned numerous times, the city was burning, Reds took over the streets and even checked peoples bags as if they had any authority.

Unarmed civilians? I wonder if you read any newspaper, watch the news or suffer from amnesia.

• Like 1

Tarit and the DSI have rules that they need to follow and legal processes and procedures that also need to be adhered to.

If this case is kicked out as it seems engineered to do so, it will be to the detriment of the of the deceased and their families and very clearly the fault of Tarit who should equally have been held accountable

Well the dsi has largely concluded that the guys holding the guns didn't kill anyone, but that through some amazing hypnotic power abhisit and Suthep did.

Yep, and apparently Thaksin also hypnotised some Reds to burn down shopping malls in Bangkok all the way from Dubai. His powers are even more impressive... smile.png

• Like 1

Yep, and apparently Thaksin also hypnotised some Reds to burn down shopping malls in Bangkok all the way from Dubai. His powers are even more impressive... smile.png

That's funny, most of the hypnotists I have seen have never paid people to pretend to be a chicken.

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe.

In any decent political spectrum Abhisit would be hard pushed to get appointed junior minister for filling in the holes in the road or similar. Possibly he could be mayor of a small provincial town. Unfortunately for Thailand when compared to the Fraggle Rock extras and other assorted detritus that inhabit the Thaksin side of things he appears as the shining light. Which is rather depressing for the country as a whole.

Thailand deserves so much better than any of them. It's the silent majority I feel for. Decent people just wanting to get on with their lives. They must look around or watch the news and think " Not again <deleted>"

I've never understood why people believe the Thai electorate deserve better. Every single one of them would be enjoying the benefits of the corruption by Thais in such positions, given the chance, as it is throughout Thai society from the lowly Policeman on the street all the way up to the cabinet.

In my opinion they get the politicians they so richly deserve (pun intended).

The Thais I know do not want to benefit from corruption they are all hard working people who are appalled by the current situation. Stop making generalization about the Thai people you do not know.

• Like 1

In any decent political spectrum Abhisit would be hard pushed to get appointed junior minister for filling in the holes in the road or similar. Possibly he could be mayor of a small provincial town. Unfortunately for Thailand when compared to the Fraggle Rock extras and other assorted detritus that inhabit the Thaksin side of things he appears as the shining light. Which is rather depressing for the country as a whole.

Thailand deserves so much better than any of them. It's the silent majority I feel for. Decent people just wanting to get on with their lives. They must look around or watch the news and think " Not again <deleted>"

But you forgot to mention that he 'lied' about his military service.

So no statement to claim that the charges themselves are bogus or that his orders were legal?

I wonder if this guy is as smart as we are led to believe. Framed or not, where is the order that he gave to shoot unarmed civilians?

Why would he need to that's not what this case is about.

Correction: mostly unarmed protestors with armed protestors interspersed taking pot shots at the army. As well, the protestors used rocket launchers, had snipers, were threatening to burn down BKK with a million liters of gasoline (see my sig), were raiding and holding hostages of patients in hospitals, threatened to derail the skytrain, burned down a shopping mall, raided a market and killed two market workers, burned up buses, threatened to set tankers of fuel on fire in the middle of town, destroyed city buses, ambushed the PM on several cases attempting to kill him, raided an international meeting in Pattaya with the intent to take hostages or possibly kill participants.

The list really does go on and on, but I think it proves the point that the government had infinite patience with these thugs and let them kill and destroy things like dirty little spoiled children would do, until they decided it was time to end the nonsense. They gave the protestors plenty of warning, and when the police moved in they were shot at, so returned fire. The Reds decided at that point to act like mercenaries and paid the price. Now that it's over they want to be labelled protesters again. Sorry, guys, you can't have it both ways. Those of us who were here and saw everything go down know exactly what happened.

I commend the anti amnesty protestors for how organized and peaceful they are. They show how to stage a protest, and not a mob scene. My fear is the red thugs are chomping on their bit to get in and smash things. Knowing them though that will be their default move.

Were you there when the Yellow terrorists over ran the international airport causing world wide disruption.

But you forgot to mention that he 'lied' about his military service.

He does owe them a few favours, though...............