What Do People Want?

donna

OK. seonai has jumped onto the krabi forum and asked what you guys want to see there. so im asking the same here.

this forum seems to be a little slow, sooooo.... how can get get it up and going and give you the information you want to get from it?

ive noticed that there are lots of questions asking about long term accommodation, restaurants, etc, and i will see what i can do about this, but is there anything else you want to see here?

im gonna start posting some local news, but if there is anything you think we should specifically target here, please let me know.....

fire away people!

I want to see jet-skis banned!

I want the morons in charge of public service to address in earnest the water shortage issues.

I want to see any tour bus which belches black smoke cut into scrap metal.

I want to see the young speed crazed motorbike riders grow a brain.(really wishful thinking!)

That will do for starters!

And maybe mufflers for the harleys and sport bikes.

Edited by kasi

Wolfie - no worries. can be done with the help of people on this forum. :o

Kasi - hmmm...im just donna....not god! :D

:D Sorry I know I was just thinking wishfully!

It is some of what I want though.

i will be opening another thread with regards to wolfies restaurant suggestions, real estate and cool stuff to do on phuket....get those ideas together and i will post soon.

ok. so now we have a start. lets get some stuff together. i will build lists with the information that you guys give to me.

if you can PM me with information putting the appropriate title (from the list below) at the top, that would be great.

Accommodation

Tradesmen

Restaurants

Activities

Places

Car Hire

these are just the tip of the iceberg. if you have more suggestions, please feel free to PM me. I will make up some lists and see what i can do about getting them posted.

thanks guys. lets get this forum cranked up and churning out some good local info.

oh wolfie! its just a given with you!

im trying to attach a pic but get this error: The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

funny when the pic is only 44k in size! me no unnerstand

oh wolfie! its just a given with you!

im trying to attach a pic but get this error: The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

funny when the pic is only 44k in size! me no unnerstand

You may want to check if your limit is enough. I can remember that you posted quite a few images before.... :o

LaoPo

How about a list of some expat resources.

For example:

Links and calendar for social/business organizations (lions club, chamber of commerce, etc.)

List of other regular social events around the island that aren't neccessarily TV exclusives.

Volunteer opportunities around the island? (can't sit around on the beach and drink beer every day, can we?)

patriot - got the neck sorted. didnt end up going to the chiro. but its all fine now. thanks for asking!

will see what i can do about the obscure tradesmen but i need input from you guys too.

kc-phil - if you have any input to help me along, that would be great.

i am compiling a big, big list now of restaurants, sporting stuff, tradesmen, motoring stuff, hobbies etc....all hopefully to be posted soon, but its taking a lot of time for me to put it together.

between working and putting this together, my day is filled. in fact i am spending more time researching for TV at the moment than on my REAL work, so any input you guys can give would be VERY much appreciated.

Edited by donna