Paypal And Ebay

Hi there just been reading through the forums and i noticed a few people in thailand have had their paypal accounts suspended- is their some ban on accesing paypal and for that matter ebay from thailand because i am looking at operating from over there soon- any help will be greatly appreciated with this

Hi there just been reading through the forums and i noticed a few people in Thailand have had their PayPal accounts suspended- is their some ban on accessing PayPal and for that matter eBay from Thailand because i am looking at operating from over there soon- any help will be greatly appreciated with this

Seeing as my UK eBay acct is currently suspended I don’t know if that makes me a good or bad source for information. :o

The thing with eBay (remember PayPal is part of the eBay group) is they are concerned with their buyers getting scammed by dishonest sellers. If you advertise too much too soon, get too much negative feedback or do too well too soon they will suspend you.

That said its not all bad news. When you get suspended you have to provide them with 2 pieces of ID, one with a photo and another with your address. If you are still in the UK I would suggest offering this BEFORE coming here thus verifying your account and hopefully avoiding suspension.

PayPal whilst being an eBay can suspend you at their will if they feel there is 'abnormal' activity on your account. The requirements of the financial regulators regarding money laundering controls this.

I would be aware that you can not post fake/copy goods on eBay so you need to be *constructive* with your descriptions.

Good luck on your venture and enjoy your time in LoS.

Hi,

I have been using eBay for the past 6 months in Pattaya without any problems.

I have purchased items and had them sent to me in Thailand. I have even been approved

for a PayPal Buyer account.

Only problem I had was that an item I wanted to bid did not accept International buyers. I contacted the seller to assure him I would pay and he allowed me to bid.

Other than that, I have had zero problems with eBay and PayPal.

Gary

Yes i was more concerned for sellers accounts- what i wanrted to know was that you can log on and sell fdrom thailand which it looks like you can - as long as they dont disallow sellers from thailand was all i was worried about.So para do yuo do much on ebay from there?

Yes i was more concerned for sellers accounts- what i wanrted to know was that you can log on and sell fdrom thailand which it looks like you can - as long as they dont disallow sellers from thailand was all i was worried about.So para do yuo do much on ebay from there?

Yes you can log on and sell on eBay from Thailand.

How much do I make? Enough to live a great life in a great country. :o

I was suspended for being registered in the Uk and yet logging on from Thailand, as simple as that. I happened to be going back to Uk and rang them (their UK helpline is in Ireland) and explained and they cleared me to log on from either country.

Just dont lie, at least not to paypal or ebay. If you try to set up your paypal account while in Thailand, using your overseas mail and phone number and bank account you will get caught. Because they will call to verify I think. my friend tried to do it and it got all very complicated.

However once in Thailand I CAN access my paypal account but dont remember how i got it all cleared.

With Ebay you can register as being in Thailand or change your addres sto THailand. HOWever if you are registerd overseas and start logging on from Thailand then you will have a problem.

I recommend NOT SELLING counterfeit stuff. Seems like there are a lot of German Ebay websites with fake stuff.

It just gives everybody selling from Thailand a bad name. I think anyone selling from Indonesia has problems because of this, like Ebay warns the buyers.

I think it is a really F*(& Up thing to do to rip somone off and sell them fakes.

You CAN register and login from Thailand.

But you can NOT do anything afterwards (Paypal), unless you have US/UK bank accounts to make deposit to and use Paypal. I've tried and gave up. I thought I could add Paypal deposits by ANY [country] credit card.

The least you can do is to buy something from eBay where the sellers accept non-Paypal payment (money order, etc).

If you have registered in the US for ebay and paypal and then begin using them in Thailand to SELL, you will be alright- at first. After awhile, paypal will freeze your account and ask you to prove that you are a resident of the US. A utility bill is the main thing they want to see. If you don't have it, they will close your US account and tell you to sign up for a useless Thai paypal account. They will hold onto your money that was in the US account for you interest free for 6 months. If your ebay account is new and you move from the US to Thailand, it may get suspended and they will ask you to prove that you are you.

Of course all this can be avoided by using certain proxy servers. The wrong proxy though will get you instantly suspended.

I really hate them both. You are just another number and they could care less about you. Unfortunately, they are really the only game in town.

I just made a US$ 1,000 + purchase using Paypal and my Hong Kong based AMEX card. No bank account required.

But you can NOT do anything afterwards (Paypal), unless you have US/UK bank accounts to make deposit to and use Paypal. I've tried and gave up. I thought I could add Paypal deposits by ANY [country] credit card.

The least you can do is to buy something from eBay where the sellers accept non-Paypal payment (money order, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

AirGO Siam (AGS), our U.S. based parent company, and our internet cafe subsidiary Oops.Net are starting an eBay processing service in Bangkok and Phuket in the next few weeks. We would be happy to work with anyone who wants to sell on eBay from Thailand by handling add placement and tracking and processing all payments. Please email me for more information.

Jeff Zika

CEO

AGS Co. Ltd.