Holiday Advice

My wife and I have just decided that we are going to spend a few nights on Samui.

There will be me, my wife, our two daughters (2.5 years and 1.5 months), plus my wifes two parents.

What we are hoping for is a bangalow style place on the beach.

It will be our first time so neither of us are in a position to know what to expect.,

Can anyone give us some tips on hotels? As I say we would like a bangalow on the beach type of room. Price isn't a huge concern, but we would hope to keep it in the 5k range per night.

We will also need to hire a car right? Ideally, I would just sit and drink beer on the beach all day. but I will have the wife and in laws so I need to do a few things too :D:o

Any suggestions from you local folks?

Plus, having been a tv member for so long, and also a mod I would love to meet up with anyone interested for a meal and or a beer or two whilst we are there.

I look forward to any replies. Thank people.

tuky

My wife and I have just decided that we are going to spend a few nights on Samui.

There will be me, my wife, our two daughters (2.5 years and 1.5 months), plus my wifes two parents.

It will be our first time so neither of us are in a position to know what to expect.,

Can anyone give us some tips on hotels? As I say we would like a bangalow on the beach type of room. Price isn't a huge concern, but we would hope to keep it in the 5k range per night.

We will also need to hire a car right? Ideally, I would just sit and drink beer on the beach all day. but I will have the wife and in laws so I need to do a few things too :D:o

Plus, having been a tv member for so long, and also a mod I would love to meet up with anyone interested for a meal and or a beer or two whilst we are there.

tuky

World Resort between Bophud and Maenam has nice bungalows, one very big one faces the beach. It's a nice family run place, have a look here

tuky

lamai and chaweng are the 2 main nightlife areas. might want to avoid these in the evening on a family holiday although I see families going about, especially during the day on the beach. depends on tastes I suppose.

both lamai and chaweng have high end accom and motor renting though.

I'd imagine other parts of the island might be better suited for a family but I don't know enough about the likes of Bophut, Maenam etc to comment.

tbh maybe I shouldn't have posted - I'm the wrong man to advise on a family holiday i'm afraid!! :D

Edited by game4shame

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks.

Hotel is booked and plane tickets have been booked.

Now, when we get there, what are we going to do? :o

Can anyone recommend topcat fishing to throw a line or two? Or is there another way I can cast a line?

I think it will be fairly relaxed, with the two kids. One will only be 2 months old.

My wife says she wants to drink a bit too much beer and dance the night away, it is has been a long time since was able to, so I trust we will find somewhere that she can do this.

Plus, anyone want to meet up for a beer/meal?

OOOpppsss. A bit too late, but here's my 2 cents.

Santiburi resort is highly recommended but quite expensive. Its quiet and gorgeous. The services were excellent as well.

Edited by OZONE

• 2 weeks later...

tuky

You may want to consider Le Paradise Boutique Resort and Spa. It is located in southern Chewang. It is a little more than what you want to pay though. My wife and I stayed there two years ago when it was the Princess village. They have since added a pool and added some other things. It is in a good location, but it is feels very secluded and is very peaceful. It is a great honeymoon resort and a good place for families, in my opinion.