Any personal experience/recommendations for IVF in thailand?

minky333

Hi there

We are due to move to Bangkok in January, we are planning to try a 3rd cycle of IVF when we get over.

Being new to the area, could any recommend any decent IVF clinics or hospitals, even from personal experience or friend of a friend with success rates and things? Ive started researching but am feeling a little overwhlemed

Anyone else in the same boat?

thanks in advance

wai2.gif

Jetanin seems to be a favored one. http://www.jetanin.com/en/home/index

See also these threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/602648-ivf-samitivej-or-jetanin/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/440834-test-tube-baby/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/219092-ivf-fertility/

Thank you for this sheryl very kind. I was worried some were a little out of date but opinions haven't changed much.

Do you have personal experience on this too?

X

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/351235-fertility-clinic/

We went to the Nawabutr Clinic following its recommendation. We undertook 2 IVF cycles, which firstly gave us a girl with the second one giving us twins, boy-girl 18 months later. Probably the cheapest clinic in BKK. And the best IMO. Good luck.

Edited by sinbin

Thank you for this sheryl very kind. I was worried some were a little out of date but opinions haven't changed much.

X

No, none, Just know what others have reported.

Nawabutr is indeed less expensive than Jetanin but I think also less English speaking, maybe not so easy for a farang couple to navigate through.

X

No, none, Just know what others have reported.

Nawabutr is indeed less expensive than Jetanin but I think also less English speaking, maybe not so easy for a farang couple to navigate through.

Do not be misled by their website. If you phone them you will find that all members of staff speak excellent English. You'll also find that most, if not all, of the doctors have practised in farang country's at some time. The doctor we used did his training in Edinbugh. I never looked at their website to gain information. The doctors will speak with you over the phone. Nothing is too big a problem. If the doctor is busy they will call you back. The Nawabutr Clinic advertises themselves as to be non-proffit making.

Edited by sinbin

Thank you this is all very helpful, land in January so I can start visiting theses places!!

Does anyone know if they do the genetic screening of the embryos / embryoscopes or wether its just standard Ivf / icsi?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thank you this is all very helpful, land in January so I can start visiting theses places!!

Does anyone know if they do the genetic screening of the embryos / embryoscopes or wether its just standard Ivf / icsi?

Thanks again

For our first visit to the Nawabutr Clinic they insisted it to be on the second day of my wifes's period. This might help with planning your arrival date. As for your other question a 5 minute phone call to the clinic would be more helpful. Can I ask, are you the problem or is it your husband? In our case I was the problem but at the end of the day it wasn't really a problem. I'd had vasectomy reversals in the UK which hadn't worked. They just extracted my sperm direct from my testicles. No promlem, all done with anaesthetic. They extracted 15 eggs from my wife and all were fertilized. They store the unused fertilized eggs free for 5 years. I hope I've helped?

Thank you this is all very helpful, land in January so I can start visiting theses places!!Does anyone know if they do the genetic screening of the embryos / embryoscopes or wether its just standard Ivf / icsi? Thanks again Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

most of the major clinics in Thailand offer PGD (at extra cost)

• 2 months later...

yes thanks Sinbin it is good to get some valuable first hand information.

I am now in Thailand and have been trying to do some research and trying to get booked in at places. When I phoned nawabutr they just said is it day 2 of your period - which it wasn't I just wanted to make an appointment to come in and see somebody to talk about protocols and starting a cycle with them. Is this not the done thing here - do you just literally go in on day two? what about all the bloods and testing they need to do?

Going back to your original question the problem is a bit of both so IVF is the only way and I feel time is running out.

Im going to ring jetanin next and somebody also recommended Samitivej - again this is now confusing because there are a few different sites!!!!

Cheers

Thanks again

For our first visit to the Nawabutr Clinic they insisted it to be on the second day of my wifes's period. This might help with planning your arrival date. As for your other question a 5 minute phone call to the clinic would be more helpful. Can I ask, are you the problem or is it your husband? In our case I was the problem but at the end of the day it wasn't really a problem. I'd had vasectomy reversals in the UK which hadn't worked. They just extracted my sperm direct from my testicles. No promlem, all done with anaesthetic. They extracted 15 eggs from my wife and all were fertilized. They store the unused fertilized eggs free for 5 years. I hope I've helped?

i think it might be worth you trying SMC (sukhumvit maternity clinic) as well as a couple of others incl navabutr and jetanin also bumrungrad and pos samitivej. The founder of SMC and the main doctor (dr Poonsak) is the head of the ivf team at bumrungrad (where you could also see him) and this is his private clinic. He has an excellent reputation and is regarded as being very thorough and careful, the feedback i have had is that he wants to try and get at the underlying problem rather than just start you on another cycle. You dont say what the issues are (of course) but, depending on that, i would suggest asking the doctor (and doing a google search) about DHEA supplementation by the female for a period (normaly 3/4 months) prior to starting the cycle. This is still experimental and not much used in Thailand (other than,i believe, at jetanin). But it is increasingly being used in the UK and USA and seems to have an impact on success rates esp where the female is older (and the issue is with the ovarian reserve). I know one couple who ,after several failed cycles , used DHEA (it can be bought OTC in Thailand) and had a successful (twin) pregnancy with their following cycle.

Edited by wordchild

Thank you again! Yes I went into bkk Friday and just walked round all the places getting price lists and having consultations. Indeed jetanin recommended DHEA and nawatabur was really positive although I fear I may have to take a Thai speaker with me once I'm in treatment. I'm going with nawatabur, but I am struggling to get DHEA over the counter, went to 5pharmacies in Silom bkk today armed with a photo of the product but no-one sold it, where should I try next? Thank you :)

Thank you again! Yes I went into bkk Friday and just walked round all the places getting price lists and having consultations. Indeed jetanin recommended DHEA and nawatabur was really positive although I fear I may have to take a Thai speaker with me once I'm in treatment. I'm going with nawatabur, but I am struggling to get DHEA over the counter, went to 5pharmacies in Silom bkk today armed with a photo of the product but no-one sold it, where should I try next? Thank you :)

there are a couple of places on sukhumvit that sell it for sure or at least they used too, walking down suk away from robinsons dept store at asoke on the same side , the first pharmacy , maybe 30 mtrs away from Robinsons. Then further along , between soi 15 and 13 on sukhumvit there is a big pharmacy that also sells it. I believe there are two brands available one in a green white container and one in blue, both are imported from the US. The standard dose is , I think, 0.75 per day either taken as 3x. 25 or as .5 in the morning followed by .25 evening. The couple I referred too above used the one in the blue container which comes as .5 or .25 per capsule dosage and they went with 2 x per day with the higher dose in the morning. But you need to check all this with the doctors you are talking too. Their IVF doctor was pretty stunned (having been somewhat cautious) on the effect that the DHEA had on her ovarian reserve blood tests (AMH), which showed a dramatic improvement after the DHEA. I believe his words were something like " this is not supposed to happen"! Edited by wordchild

Typical for me, I went home with my DHEA and drove myself mad researching it!!

Turns out I probably shouldn't be taking it as I 'potentially' have pcos, ( confirmed by one dr with one scan and then poo-pooed by another dr at the same place! ) and we have enough of the dhea hormone - hence the handlebar moustache and spots! joy of joys back to the drawing board.

lets see what happens on day 2....................

Hi

I can highly recommend dr poonsak at SMS fertility clinic on thonglor.

Speaks excellent English and the care I received there has been excellent and I have been very impressed.

He is extremely well qualified and very personable.

I went there because a friend recommended him.

They will source the correct grade DHEA - if he thinks that is is a suitable medication for you. I think under the wrong circumstances it can do more harm than good so worth a consultation.

They will see you anytime you want for consultation but clinics ask if you are day2 so they can do all the standard tests up front without having to ask you come back again I guess. My first appointment was mid cycle there just for consultation.

Good luck .

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

We've just moved to Bangkok and I am reading through these posts wondering if anyone could suggest a Doctor or IVF Clinic that worked for them. This is all pretty new to me. I see that most people are suggesting Jetanin or Navabutr. Are these still the best two places to go? Any preference?

Thank you