Learning to speak Russian in Pattaya

thairookie

Im polish so i get it a bit.

I think basics are easy and its easier to learn then thai.

Writing is a mistery with thier letters, but still i know few guys who could learn in school...

Try internet youtube, google translate etc..

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Writing is a mistery with thier letters, but still i know few guys who could learn in school...

Do most Russians understand, or even speak English ?

Check resources on torrent sites.

If you have a textbook and audio files, it should be doable. That's how I learned basic Thai. I'd sit on the beach w/ my book and audio tapes (and a Singha) and study. Afterwards I'd walk across the street to a beer bar and practice with the ladies. smile.png Guess the issue would be finding a Russian to practice with, but there are lots sitting around on the beaches now, so once you got some basics down (or so you think) you should be able to just sit around them and attempt to strike up a conversation. Somebody said in an earlier thread that Russians are pretty friendly if you know some Russian.

Russian is ranked a Category IV language (same as Thai) by the Foreign Service Institute (FSI), meaning 44 weeks or 1100 hours of study to reach general proficiency, for a native English speaker.

Edited by JSixpack

I speak Russian Fluently, it is NOT an easy language, however it is NOT as hard as Thai as it is not tonal.

The problem with Russian is that many words can be changed without any specific rule and while you may learn the basics, you may find not being able to understand anything people say.

reading and writing is somewhat easy, as alphabet is the same as English,. in terms of appearance.

Getting the spelling right and grammar, should not even be a concern, as in Russian, in schools kids learn it for 10 years and still do not know it well.

So if you spell wrong or write wrong, it would not be a big deal.

It is a very rich language, one of the richest if not the richest in the world. There are words to explain, describe almost anything and everything.hence Russian known writers and poets.

Let me just say this to give you some idea, my grandmother, Romanian born, was raised in Russian from the age of 15 and by 65 she still did not know it all.

She spoke it fluently at a street level, but had no knowledge of specifics at all-medical, legal or anything alike.

Now to the main point, why would you want to learn it? it is pretty much useless, even if you learn to speak it and will speak with your neighbors, you may find yourself even more far apart, as Russian Culture is something not too many can or do accept.

• Like 1

My gf got business most customers are russians. They dont speak any english, they come and talk russian like its moscow.

Pure girl dont understand, me either only a bit.

They come and talk full sentences and expect answer.. very not nice.

Now to the main point, why would you want to learn it? it is pretty much useless, even if you learn to speak it and will speak with your neighbors, you may find yourself even more far apart, as Russian Culture is something not too many can or do accept.

Hm....would this be a valid motivation ?giggle.gif

russian-brides.jpg

• Like 1

My gf got business most customers are russians. They dont speak any english, they come and talk russian like its moscow.

Pure girl dont understand, me either only a bit.

They come and talk full sentences and expect answer.. very not nice.

Definitely one of their more annoying habits. I see this Thai stores and shops. Poor Thais!

Hm....would this be a valid motivation ?giggle.gif

russian-brides.jpg

if this was the motivation, you may also need one of thistongue.png

post-157118-0-55712700-1384960095_thumb.

if this was the motivation, you may also need one of thistongue.png

attachicon.gifmoney.jpg

Hm...as if we wouldn't need this if the motivation was Thai girls.giggle.gif

But it's really about curiosity, especially with the banners and placards outside some of the shops.

Save yourself the pain, Russian girls are by far more expansive than Thai girls, and i do not mean by the hourtongue.png

All the banners and signs are advertising for them to buy something .

And you do not want to go to those shops, because you would end up paying triple.

Because Russians do not speak, any English and do not know anything about prices or locals, so they are over charged for everything.

A friend of mine is obsessed with Russian girls, so I definitely see it coming in useful for some.

Edited by tropo

A friend of mine is obsessed with Russian girls, so I definitely see it coming in useful for some.

And are they interested in him ?

Now to the main point, why would you want to learn it? it is pretty much useless

What's wrong with merely wanting to read War And Peace in the original?

Lol, absolutely nothing, ask how many Russians have read it and how many understood what they read :)

Because Russians do not speak, any English and do not know anything about prices or locals, so they are over charged for everything.

Then all the more I should learn Russian and sell them overpriced condos and other stuff.cheesy.gif

From what I see, just a menu or catalogue in Rissian seems to do the trick :)

I speak Russian Fluently, it is NOT an easy language, however it is NOT as hard as Thai as it is not tonal.

The problem with Russian is that many words can be changed without any specific rule and while you may learn the basics, you may find not being able to understand anything people say.

reading and writing is somewhat easy, as alphabet is the same as English,. in terms of appearance.

Getting the spelling right and grammar, should not even be a concern, as in Russian, in schools kids learn it for 10 years and still do not know it well.

So if you spell wrong or write wrong, it would not be a big deal.

It is a very rich language, one of the richest if not the richest in the world. There are words to explain, describe almost anything and everything.hence Russian known writers and poets.

Let me just say this to give you some idea, my grandmother, Romanian born, was raised in Russian from the age of 15 and by 65 she still did not know it all.

She spoke it fluently at a street level, but had no knowledge of specifics at all-medical, legal or anything alike.

@Lemoncake: That is a very interesting analogy of a "language" and - inspite of having a few Russian mates - I never realized that "It is a very rich language, one of the richest if not the richest in the world. There are words to explain, describe almost anything and everything.hence Russian known writers and poets."

I just want to thank you for that pretty amazing piece of information.

It suddenly makes perfect sense to me (viz. the numerous very famous Russian Writers & Poets).

Thanks for sharing that.

Cheers,

thumbsup.gif

And are they interested in him ?

Absolutely. He's always hanging out with them (he's not paying, just in case you're thinking that). He's a good looking well-built guy in his 30's and they enjoy his company and the boom-boom.

But yes, I get your point. Fluent Russian wouldn't help me one bit with the sexy young Russian chicks.

Edited by tropo

Then all the more I should learn Russian and sell them overpriced condos and other stuff.Posted Image

No way

Russians are tight like 6 years old ass 555 (bad joke)

Picture this i got money exchanges and russians main customers, they amazing.

Everyone want small notes like.

They change 100usd and want 20 50 100 bath

Everyone, and dont understand if we give to them all we run out and cant work...

Some change 100 rubel which is 90 bath and say pomiencie means give small change i say its already small 90 bath

They want 10 coins so can use in bath bus so not get ripped off

Sometimes i mistake give 2 bath short they can come back 30min later for 2 bath man lol

U will never see tip from russians.

I dont know whats with them they poor or not like spend

Many couples come and change 1000rubel its 900bath so 450 each and going out. Offten its even less.

Sure there some change more, but most like that

Many come and give 100usd and say change only 50, wchich is no business for me.

Many come and try exchange small dollars 1,2 to big note like 50 or 100

Thing is for 1.2 notes is lower rate.

Oh and many want buy dollar from me for same rate i buy from customers, means i make 0 profit. They dont understand.