Hi,rogue, weedy grass problem in garden

jji23

I've recently moved into a rented semi detached townhouse. I have a small garden to the side. My problem is this rogue, weedy grass. I have tried my hardest to get rid of it by pulling up the roots but within a couple of days it's back. I have also tried laying tiles but it just grows around the sides. I even built a raised vegetable patch covered in green netting but it still infiltrated that.

Does anyone have any organic method for ridding my garden of this stuff once and for all? No chemicals and without destroying soils.

Please see pics for more info.

post-148548-13849460692171_thumb.jpg

post-148548-13849460867134_thumb.jpg

post-148548-13849461052145_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

About this time last year I laid green mesh on an area of ground and them covered it all in white stones, wasn't long before this weed you are describing came through everywhere, I pulled a lot of it out, it had a weak root system due to growing through the mess, after a couple of months it no longer grew and now I have just an odd one comes through. Seems like time gets rid of it.

• Like 1

If you can't do it by hand then only Glyphosat will work, or putting horrible black plastic on top for a few weeks. I shouldn't be too delicate about using a weed killer just once.

Edited by cooked
  • Like 2

When I was in college studying Horticulture, we were instructed in a fail safe method of eradicating weeds like this without using harmful chemicals.

It was and still s known as "The Armstrong Method".

Sometimes you just need to bend over and pull em out.

Get em before they flower and drop seed.

It works and it is cheap!

Oh!

I almost forgot to respond!

Hi!tongue.png

If the title of your post gives some kind of indication of what it is about, you will probably have more open and read it, and in this care, more respond with advice.

Edited by willyumiii