Cement On Body Work

Bung

I just drove to Bangkok and went past some roadworks where they were repairing the road with cement.

I didn't realise until I got home that I had driven through the run off and now have dried cement all over the place that I have been unable to remove.

Does any one have any ideas on removal??

Cheers.

If you are (were...) fast a lot of water should do the trick.

Once the cement is hardened it will be difficult for sure. You can try with some acid-containing fluid, but I don't know what that does to the lacquer. Good luck!

Edited by mocean

Try getting some # 2 cutting compound ,try it on a small area first.If it removes it ,then finish off with some polish.

DO NOT rub too hard , just gentle circular motion.

If you have a buffer use that,but be very careful.

Try getting some # 2 cutting compound ,try it on a small area first.If it removes it ,then finish off with some polish.

Be carefull it is concrete mix you have with some heavy grained particles in any rubbing or polishing will scratch ( bitter experience on the roof of my Honda ) . I removed several splashes with a high pressure water jet over a few washes it took it away in about 4 washes with the pressure lance . The one I tried to remove with tcut /type polish scratched through to the metal .

any acid based solvant will normally eat into the laquer but vinegar carefully applied ( acetic acid ) can help loosen the concrete splash before attacking with the pressure jet .

Out of intrest the pressure washer I have ,which is great wash cost 1900 baht from Tesco and is now 19 months old and is used on two cars , the drive and paths every week and it cleans the patio/ air con compressors and the windows of the house ...best buy for a long time .

Oh I forgot it removes peeling paint from the house like a dream prior to repainting

Be carefull it is concrete mix you have with some heavy grained particles in any rubbing or polishing will scratch ( bitter experience on the roof of my Honda ) . I removed several splashes with a high pressure water jet over a few washes it took it away in about 4 washes with the pressure lance . The one I tried to remove with tcut /type polish scratched through to the metal .

any acid based solvant will normally eat into the laquer but vinegar carefully applied ( acetic acid ) can help loosen the concrete splash before attacking with the pressure jet .

Out of intrest the pressure washer I have ,which is great wash cost 1900 baht from Tesco and is now 19 months old and is used on two cars , the drive and paths every week and it cleans the patio/ air con compressors and the windows of the house ...best buy for a long time .

Oh I forgot it removes peeling paint from the house like a dream prior to repainting

Is that the Black and Decker I saw there? There are a couple of brands.

I was thinking about one of those but thought they looked flimsy. Does it have a soap dispenser?

I was going to try and make one like the car wash shops have but that could be a lot harder than just buying one....

Thanks for the info, I will try vinegar as it won't affect the paint.

Word of warning, it was on the main highway coming into Bangkok from Saraburi about 10 k's before Rang Sit, they are replacing the terrible concrete road with hot mix which is way better.

I was thinking about one of those but thought they looked flimsy. Does it have a soap dispenser?

I was going to try and make one like the car wash shops have but that could be a lot harder than just buying one....

Word of warning, it was on the main highway coming into Bangkok from Saraburi about 10 k's before Rang Sit, they are replacing the terrible concrete road with hot mix which is way better.

The Brand is nothing special a yellow!!!!! the one the branded one are expensive and not any better ( i have bought very expensive ones for work and mine is better ) it is just the bog standard tesco cheapy ..the soap dispensers have limited value and the eat the expensive soap very quickly ...basically I use the washer to wet the car and blast off the grit and clean the wheels and arches then a sort brisseled brush and a bucket of wash and wax inwater , then a good rinse and a new silicone squeegy scraper thing to scrape of the water ..( they are expensive but great for stopping water spots especially on black ) Then on the black car a quick leather down followed by a cigarette a beer and a water fight with the kids .

Then releather the car which is now wet from the water fight . Then listen to the wife nag about getting the kids wet , turn hose pipe on wife ...soak wife , she looses temper soaks me ...go up stairs for shower .. end up naked with wife on a Sunday afternoon .. The kids are still playing with water in the garden you have half an hour uninterupted .. !!!!!! Then go back down and releather the car again whilst having a post coital cigarette .. Yes buy one they are great value in all ways !!!

The Brand is nothing special a yellow!!!!! the one the branded one are expensive and not any better ( i have bought very expensive ones for work and mine is better ) it is just the bog standard tesco cheapy ..the soap dispensers have limited value and the eat the expensive soap very quickly ...basically I use the washer to wet the car and blast off the grit and clean the wheels and arches then a sort brisseled brush and a bucket of wash and wax inwater , then a good rinse and a new silicone squeegy scraper thing to scrape of the water ..( they are expensive but great for stopping water spots especially on black ) Then on the black car a quick leather down followed by a cigarette a beer and a water fight with the kids .

Then releather the car which is now wet from the water fight . Then listen to the wife nag about getting the kids wet , turn hose pipe on wife ...soak wife , she looses temper soaks me ...go up stairs for shower .. end up naked with wife on a Sunday afternoon .. The kids are still playing with water in the garden you have half an hour uninterupted .. !!!!!! Then go back down and releather the car again whilst having a post coital cigarette .. Yes buy one they are great value in all ways !!!

Who said there was no value in washing a car? :o