Russian tourism group threatens Thailand boycott

webfact

Is not funny hope that Russian tourists disappear from Thailand. This kind of posts show clearly the low quality kind of  posters, au contraire thinking to be superior of another country people.

are you Russian? Or just used to being treated like a mongrel bastard and pushed shoved abused and treated poorly?. I lived in Russia for 3 months and this is TYPICAL behavior. Sad... But true

They won't leave here because of the sex cheapies and beach.

Other places don't have as much sex

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What make people think that the Russians will do anything other than stamp their feet a bit in a token show of false interest or concern, maybe this letter is just to show their citizens that they are doing something about the horrendous situation.

This "complaint" or warning will make no difference at all, they (the Russians and many others ) will continue to come, its just too cheap over here for them compared to anywhere else.

In any case other Countries in the region just dont have the infrastructure or the scale of attractions if you get my meaning to be as attractive as Thailand?

I've said elsewhere - Thailand is now a mainstream holiday destination and needs to realise this and act accordingly. It still treats visitors as if they are the soldiers and backpackers who first came hear in the 60s and 70s.

They need to put in place the appropriate infrastructure to deal with the vast numbers of visitors. This is big money - 7% of the nation's economy.

So much about tourism in Thailand is all face and no substance......The transport system needs overhauling and regulating from a safety aspect and all aspects of customer service need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As Thailand increasingly gets a reputation as a shoddy or dangerous destination it will suffer in the long run.

Ill-informed ministers keep mumbling on about going up-market - presumably in the hope that this will eradicate a lot of the bad publicity - crime, danger, poor service etc - but what hope can there ever be of that with the industry still virtually unregulated and everyone scrabbling for the bottom dollar?

Most of the primary roads are fairly well maintained (there are exceptions). But the quality of the roads pale in comparison to the abject reckless stupidity of the drivers, and the complete lack of traffic enforcement by the Thai government (road blocks don't stop dangerous driving). They need traffic cops in patrol cars and they need to learn how to stop vehicles for moving violations. Then start citing Thai drivers for: speeding, reckless driving, driving on the wrong side of the street, failure to stop, failure to yield, failure to maintain the driving lane, and other stupid reckless driving that drivers are now allowed to get away with, but would get you a citation in less than about 15 minutes in a Western country.

Most of the primary routes are grossly under maintained (there are a few exceptions) would be better.

I know you would not do this BUT if you were to drive your car from UDON-K.KHEN-KORAT-A2 highway. Then 304 to KABIN BURI. Then the 331 down to BANGLAMUNG/PATTAYA, you will surely comment different, the road has large pot holes and mega cracked areas all through the 630 kilometers---anyone who disagrees have not driven on these main highways. I am not Picking fault merely stating what hazards I come across on this long journey. There is no need for this state of highways where monies are allocated to every Jangwat but much is transferred/or lost in the respective areas.

This is the kind of positive action that more countries should be willing to take to protect their people. The threat of a HUGE percentage of their tourist market being warned off by their country's government.

I have lived here for 6 years and this stuff is every day. You work your life around it and eventually find yourself well away from it in a lovely piece of normal Thailand. You work your transportation options around it as best you can, etc. The problem is that the average tourist is being led and everybody is looking for a margin so you end up with 30 people being driven on a bus by somebody's "cousin" who turns out to be a dim-witted drug abusing f-tard with zero common-sense....but he was cheap!

Until TAT understands its true raison d'etre these problems will continue and Thailand will see the revenue streams from tourism continuing their steady marginalisation. This year alone we have had incidents with tourists including:

Train crashes

Bus crashes

Plane crashes

Political unrest including roads seized next to THE biggest tourist ghetto

Drugged tourists

Robbed tourists

Murdered tourists

Scammed tourists

Oil slicks

Flooding

and so many more that I can't be bothered to research right now that have all made news outside of the Kingdom.

It is not a pretty picture and people ARE wising up. Time will come when Thailand will start asking the question "where did the money go?". By then this will be too late. The normal people of Thailand should be aware of how important tourism is to this country not just for the obvious "heads in beds" equation but also people experiencing the country and deciding this is the life of them, moving their money and starting new businesses. Visitors to the kingdom are NOT 1 dimensional.

This is the kind of positive action that more countries should be willing to take to protect their people. The threat of a HUGE percentage of their tourist market being warned off by their country's government.

I have lived here for 6 years and this stuff is every day. You work your life around it and eventually find yourself well away from it in a lovely piece of normal Thailand. You work your transportation options around it as best you can, etc. The problem is that the average tourist is being led and everybody is looking for a margin so you end up with 30 people being driven on a bus by somebody's "cousin" who turns out to be a dim-witted drug abusing f-tard with zero common-sense....but he was cheap!

Until TAT understands its true raison d'etre these problems will continue and Thailand will see the revenue streams from tourism continuing their steady marginalisation. This year alone we have had incidents with tourists including:

Train crashes

Bus crashes

Plane crashes

Drugged tourists

Robbed tourists

Murdered tourists

Scammed tourists

Oil slicks

Flooding

and so many more that I can't be bothered to research right now that have all made news outside of the Kingdom.

It is not a pretty picture and people ARE wising up. Time will come when Thailand will start asking the question "where did the money go?". By then this will be too late. The normal people of Thailand should be aware of how important tourism is to this country not just for the obvious "heads in beds" equation but also people experiencing the country and deciding this is the life of them, moving their money and starting new businesses. Visitors to the kingdom are NOT 1 dimensional.

No changes in Thailand please, this is just the way I like it and the reason why I am herewai.gif

• Like 1

I've said elsewhere - Thailand is now a mainstream holiday destination and needs to realise this and act accordingly. It still treats visitors as if they are the soldiers and backpackers who first came hear in the 60s and 70s.

They need to put in place the appropriate infrastructure to deal with the vast numbers of visitors. This is big money - 7% of the nation's economy.

So much about tourism in Thailand is all face and no substance......The transport system needs overhauling and regulating from a safety aspect and all aspects of customer service need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As Thailand increasingly gets a reputation as a shoddy or dangerous destination it will suffer in the long run.

Ill-informed ministers keep mumbling on about going up-market - presumably in the hope that this will eradicate a lot of the bad publicity - crime, danger, poor service etc - but what hope can there ever be of that with the industry still virtually unregulated and everyone scrabbling for the bottom dollar?

Most of the primary roads are fairly well maintained (there are exceptions). But the quality of the roads pale in comparison to the abject reckless stupidity of the drivers, and the complete lack of traffic enforcement by the Thai government (road blocks don't stop dangerous driving). They need traffic cops in patrol cars and they need to learn how to stop vehicles for moving violations. Then start citing Thai drivers for: speeding, reckless driving, driving on the wrong side of the street, failure to stop, failure to yield, failure to maintain the driving lane, and other stupid reckless driving that drivers are now allowed to get away with, but would get you a citation in less than about 15 minutes in a Western country.

Don't forget overloading and poor vehicle maintenance. Can a vehicle be overloaded in LOS? What did I see this week? Something like a total of 9 bus accidents on the Patong hill in the last few years.

It's not going to change. The police don't enforce the laws so no one obeys them. They don't know how to do anything but roadblocks.

Russians complaining about the driving here is rich. Russia is a country that drivers commonly use dash cams because of all the crap that goes down there. It would be heartbreaking if they boycotted Thailand, huh? Such a likeable group of people.

Edited by Pinot
  • Like 2

Noting the worst and craziest driving near miss's or accident videos on youtube

are ALL from Russian dash-cams this seems a bit over-raught.

From what I can tell it is JUST as dangerous for Russians to stay home.

...or, more simply, more cars in Russia have a dash-board camera to ensure a simple settlement in any accident. Not really a Thai way of doing things, is it?

• Like 1

how about a deal between the two respective governments? russians remove its mafia thais give no dose to the bus drivers?

Dear friend! I am Russian. There is no mafia in Russia except mr. Putin. Yes, 15 years ago mafia rules in my country. Now all of them gone. I say it not as a BBC journalist, I say it as a person who live in Russia. 15-20 years ago I knew some of them. Today they are dead or lives normal life, be sorry about that crazy times.

All blablabla about russian mafia in Thailand is bullshit. Hooligans - yes, but they are not mafia :)

• Like 1

Please, please, dear Russians, do boycott Thailand.

I really dont like to see anyone hurt but this is the best news on Thai Visa in a long time. With all that is going on in the Kingdom it is refreshing that something good may come to pass.

who else will boycott Thailand so that accident will be minimized?

Maybe TAT will be prudent enough in employing drivers.

Before employing a driver, they must see to it that the driver has not reached at least 5 accidents in his driving career.

Train crashes

Bus crashes

Plane crashes

Drugged tourists

Robbed tourists

Murdered tourists

Scammed tourists

Oil slicks

Flooding

Very well said...

Bravo for Russia. Although nothing will change, it is about time a foreign government questioning tourist/foreigners safety here in Thailand and actually threatening to take action. The thing about the Russians is that they address problems and find solutions and don't sit about crying and bitching. It is too bad that the Brits, Australian, US, Swedes, Indian, etc; do not get the same comfort or support of a government that actually gives a shit. I have no issues with the Russian or Chinese tourists but I hope there is a boycott or at least a decrease in tourism from both countries to Thailand. Perhaps the loss in revenue will open some eyes, doubtful though. If, the Thai government did not represent Thailand as not being a third world country but developed in their eyes, one would have only minimal complaints. I do live here, I do complain and no I'm not leaving for home. No, I don't sit about with foreign buddies all day and night drinking beer and complaining about the country and life then sit down and post as I sadly realize that I have nothing more constructive. Honestly, I stay fairly positive in regards to Thailand except for when I read Thai Visa posts.

Is not funny hope that Russian tourists disappear from Thailand. This kind of posts show clearly the low quality kind of posters, au contraire thinking to be superior of another country people.

On the other hand your post could be qualified as hilarious.

The antagonism against Russians has no relation whatsoever with a superiority feeling.

It has to do with the way Russians behave.

Not to mention the blatant export of the Russian way of doing business, also known as criminality.

Ask around on Cyprus, Spain, Greece, and anywhere else the Russians decide to land, same complaints.

From other tourists AND locals.

Good, stay away. Too many dubious Russians here already.

So you prefer others to continue to be killed by reckless driving and lack of rules ?

Do you seriously think Thailand will make any changes because of this? LOL, dream on...

Actually yes I do. I believe Thailand may at least do some crack downs , and if 1 life is saved as a result it's already an achievement

Russian Tourism Group Threatens Thailand Boycott

You don't normally open up Thaivisa.com expecting to find good news, but, my goodness.. Jackpot this morning! rolleyes.gif

this new is two fold. maybe a big drop in tourists will actually encourage the TAT to actually do something!

Is not funny hope that Russian tourists disappear from Thailand. This kind of posts show clearly the low quality kind of posters, au contraire thinking to be superior of another country people.

I don't think that superiority has anything to do with the fact that many posters don't mind if the Russians stay away from Thailand. I think that most of us only know the Russians we see in Pattaya and Phuket. And many Russians who are having a fairly normal life in Thailand (working or studying) are telling me that they are a little ashamed of them too.

If it would have been: Chinese/Arab/Australian/German/British etc etc tourism group threatens Thailand boycott, I believe the replies here on TV would have been similar.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

Good, stay away. Too many dubious Russians here already.

So you prefer others to continue to be killed by reckless driving and lack of rules ?

Do you seriously think Thailand will make any changes because of this? LOL, dream on...

I believe that Thai people, like many other people, are extremely motivated when it comes to their weight of their wallet.