getting married

brasso

hi all, first of all i would like to post my experience after all the many replys to questions i asked.

got to british embassy abouy 7.15 in the morning was third in line,BE opens at 8.00, got through security and was directed to the dept that deals with the affamation, took a ticket,called to go to window about 15min later girl behind screen checked affamation paid the fee3510bt told to take a seat wait for my name to be called, 10min went to window signed in front of officer she stamped it and that was that, in and out in 30mins, went across the road to homepro to get the affamation translated this took 20min in all paid 400bt for this, I then took a taxi to lek sei(MOFA) on chaneg wattana road the cost of taxi was 177bt took about 20 min to get there. went inside and upstairs, at this time there were a lot of people already there, so went to a window to ask about express service none available despite being early, so went for EMS post given a form and a ticket for a counter that is for EMS post called about 10min, paid the fee400bt for MOFA stamp and 65bt for ems filled out the envolope with thai girlfriends address on it was told it will take 2days,easy as that, left MOFA for udon thani and girlfriends home town of puibunrak.

two days later EMS arrived with affamation and all stamps ready to marry. went to the local ampher in the village where my girlfriends lives got married by the local govement officer got the cert and my girlfriend now my wife changed her ID card to my name this in all cost me 139bt, i am now married and will on my next holiday start the visa process to bring my wife and my daughter home to the uk,

Can you get the affamation and translated in 1day and go to the MOFA yes is my reply and no fuss or bother. only advice go early to BE,get transalation done across the road at home pro MOFA very busy for transalation, And just get EMS post simple and easy. many thanks for all advice