Foreign criminals exploiting police links: Thai editorial

webfact

I think they got the headline backwards, should be "Police exploit foreign criminal links". And this chestnut: "The sad reality is that public confidence in the police has been shaken by the experience of many such cases in the past." I would dare to ask if any average Thais have "public confidence" in police, other than confidence that if there isn't any money to be had for them, they can't be bothered. It's "business as usual".

I don't see how corruption can be countered. Anybody trying put the nation on the straight and narrow would be found an inactive post within a day or two. All those on the gravy train would gang up on a honest soul.

Thai culture is set in concrete.

• Like 1

Yeh good they have recovered all that money but will it be refunded to those who's credit and ATM cards were skimmed I had €10,000 skimmed from my account a few years ago didnt receive one cent back usual excuse from the bank we could find no wrong doing on our part. Lock these <deleted> up and throw away the key or better still execute them and make an example they deserve it for all the stress and problem the cause for people. Vermin that's what they are exterminate them.

So what's of greater concern.... that there are foreign criminals, or that the police would work with them? On the other hand, it's not like the police haven't been involved with just about every sort of illegal going on in the country since forever.

To be exactly the heading should say:

Corrupt Thai police officer help and allow Foreign criminals to settle in the land of the smiles smile.png .

• Like 1

Ah, yes. Blame those pesky foreigners for all the BIB corruptness. After all they were squeaky clean before they all showed up with foreign criminal ways.

Slow down

It is the BIB that have brought to attention that investigations might be taking place to look into corrupt policemen

It was them that brought this to attention. If they wanted to just blame forang then they would not have even suggested that thai police might be involved and blown this thorny out of the water

What seems to be implied is that it might have been the police that might have master minded the scam problem is gathering evidence on those people shall not be a walk in the park as they know how to protect themselves

It still does not change that what these forangs did was still wrong and still fraud does not matter if they were the brains behind it or not

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app