Thai private sector eagerly awaiting Bt2 trillion investment

webfact

Private sector eagerly awaiting Bt2 trillion investment
By English News

BANGKOK, Nov 22 – A Thai construction company is entering a joint venture with a Chinese firm to bid for the construction of dual rail tracks under the government’s mega infrastructure plans, tentatively scheduled to kick off next year.

Pasit Leesakul, director of TRC Construction Co, said the private sector is anxiously waiting for the launch of the development projects under the bill to borrow Bt2 trillion, which was passed by the Senate early this week.

TRC is a contractor for gas pipeline and engineering systems, and construction of factories for energy and petrochemical industries.

He said the development projects will increase Thailand’s competitiveness and decrease the logistics cost which amounts to 20 per cent of Thailand's gross domestic product.

Eighty-five per cent of the Bt2 trillion spending will be allocated to improvement of the railway system and the investment will definitely stimulate the country’s economy and boost employment, he noted.

Mr Pasit predicted 2014 as the golden year for the construction sector and his company will enter bids for energy-related construction at a total value of Bt25 billion.

The company also hopes to expand its business to neighbouring Myanmar and Cambodia with the construction of energy infrastructure. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-22

…. and the remaining 15% of the THB 2'000'000'000'000 explains the opening of luxury car dealerships around the government house. Taking a THB 60 mio. per car it results in a staggering 5'000 vehicles; the mother-of-all-luxury-car-dealerships then?
w00t.gifcrazy.gifneus.gif1zgarz5.gif

A Thai construction company is entering a joint venture with a Chinese firm to bid for the construction of dual rail tracks under the government’s mega infrastructure plans, tentatively scheduled to kick off next year.

TRC is a contractor for gas pipeline and engineering systems, and construction of factories for energy and petrochemical industries.

Eighty-five per cent of the Bt2 trillion spending will be allocated to improvement of the railway system...

For God's sake! Let the railways be built by someone who knows HOW to build railways. My children and grandchildren are going to have to pay for this. I hope my grandchildren will be able to travel SAFELY on this railway, unless it has fallen apart by then. Also, what do we know about " a Chinese Firm"? Do they have a proven record of building safe railways? Can anyone else see the magnitude of this or am I just going loopy?

A Thai construction company is entering a joint venture with a Chinese firm to bid for the construction of dual rail tracks under the government’s mega infrastructure plans, tentatively scheduled to kick off next year.

Eighty-five per cent of the Bt2 trillion spending will be allocated to improvement of the railway system...

For God's sake! Let the railways be built by someone who knows HOW to build railways. My children and grandchildren are going to have to pay for this. I hope my grandchildren will be able to travel SAFELY on this railway, unless it has fallen apart by then. Also, what do we know about " a Chinese Firm"? Do they have a proven record of building safe railways? Can anyone else see the magnitude of this or am I just going loopy?

No, not at all. Why wouldn't you trust a company that has experience of building factories and pipelines in conjunction with A chinese company be capable of building a railway line. If you aren't going to laugh, you might as well cry.

I just pity the taxpayer. Not that there's many of those.

Don't worry, they plan to co-opt another 20mn foreign taxpayers into the Thai system to pay it. They go by the name of tourists, who apparently are going to bear a considerable burden to enable China to have it's rail line to Burma and Singapore.

"said the private sector is anxiously waiting for the launch of the development projects"

another one who can speak for the complete private sector.....the lady who cut my hair is waiting, I am waiting, the small supermarket that sells beer leo...all are anxiously waiting....

Oh Happy Days, rubbing there hands and licking there chops. Visions of Mercedes and Ferrari's

dancing in there head. The countdown has begun. Partners lined up. Secret bank accounts opened.

In defense of the company TRC Construction, I have worked for them on two large projects in Thailand and another in the Sultanate of Oman. They are a well run and reputable company. They are a publicly listed company on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. I have never met or worked with Khun Pasit but, I have had many interfaces with the company CEO, Khun Samai Leesakul on many occassions during my tenure with the company. I can assure you that TRC is not some "fly by night" company and has built a large number of the PTT natural gas distribution pipelines in Thailand.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

joint venture =

aka to get the 30% GRAFT

the chinese can do whatever they want

the thai only want their 30% corruption

30%? That's the official rate is it? In an operations manual anywhere? On a website maybe?

Judging by all the substandard roads, buildings etc. and all the nice big houses, mercs etc. you see all those in officialdom have - I would think that figure rather low.

Unless of course it's 30% at each stage of the contract

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I understand your concern. I am no fan of the Chinese or the present Thai government. However it might be prudent to remember that one hundred years ago or more the Chinese helped to build the railways in the western United States and Canada. Thousands lost their lives cutting through treacherous mountain passes during bitter winters. The railways have a generally good safety record.

post-9891-0-42008200-1385376589_thumb.jppost-9891-0-38784300-1385376591_thumb.jppost-9891-0-00817500-1385376594_thumb.jp

They also stayed on in Canada and California and produced hard working families, fine citizens and smart businessmen.