Fat clothes and aspirational clothes ...

Jingthing

How fat people deal with clothes of different sizes is a loaded issue.

I've had smaller clothes stored for years now that I wasn't confident that I would EVER fit into again. Some of them I don't think I EVER fit into as they were bought as ASPIRATIONAL clothes in the first place. Yet I kept them, just in case, from a combination of hoarding, thrift, and HOPE.

Now I am fitting into these clothes and if the trend keeps going, I will actually need to buy NEW smaller sized clothes even smaller than the hoard.

I have had the same belt for years which I could just barely fit and NOW it is really down to the last hole. It's a nice belt. Maybe I should look into having it trimmed with new holes?

A few months ago I did see some bargain prices on some very nice shorts. I only wanted to buy one, a pair that I could fit into right then or a a pair one size smaller. I bought the ASPIRATIONAL pair of smaller shorts, but even now I can't fit into them yet.

And then there is the classic problem -- what to do with old FAT clothes? It has even been the stuff of comedy. A recent Modern Family episode dealt with it. To NOT toss them is a sign that you think you'll need them again. TO toss them is a sign of confidence but also could be foolish if you DO need them again. I don't think there is really a right answer considering the reality of people YOYOing so much.

Anyway, I have already given away some of my FAT pants and now I have a large pile of them which is going out as well. Then I will have NO fat pants, not even one size up. So I'm doing it ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

First of all clap2.gif for the achievement!

Keep the old clothes to remember. Maybe once in a time when you have a weak time, put them on, look at it and think "do I really want to get that fat again, or do I better get myself together and keep slim". Keep them to not forget that if you aren't continue you'll need these again...

I don't measure my weight, I measure the holes in the belt I have for years, which is much harder.

(I loose fat at the same speed everywhere, but I have much more fat on the belly than on say the finger. So I look like I would have swallowed a football, to get the stomach flat will happen much lower weight than would be reasonable, which disturbs me a bit....)

• Like 2

I respect that tactic (I don't think there really is a right or wrong answer on this one) but my pile of fat pants are lined up and I have already decided they are leaving the house any day now. I will have no backup. Get fatter -- go naked! Hope you don't have to read all about it in one of the Pattaya tabloids ... w00t.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I respect that tactic (I don't think there really is a right or wrong answer on this one) but my pile of fat pants are lined up and I have already decided they are leaving the house any day now. I will have no backup. Get fatter -- go naked! Hope you don't have to read all about it in one of the Pattaya tabloids ... w00t.gif

Before I wanted to write: Keep it, if you get fatter again, but than I thought, sometimes it is better to shut up an keep the sarcastic comments to myself biggrin.png

Maybe some friend can use them if they are nice: "Do you want to have some of my clothes....you know I lost a lot weight and you are still fat....maybe you can use them laugh.png " ---> maybe not a good idea....

Good luck.....

I already am giving them to an old fat Thai man (indirectly). Second shipment. As many know, sourcing larger sized pants isn't very easy in Thailand.

It's a loaded decision to give up these kinds of clothes but I seriously doubt whether people toss them or not makes a heck of a lot of difference for long term success rates, either way.

I guess I never even considered tossing the smaller clothes I had stored. Double standard?

Occasionally I had tried them on, knowing they wouldn't fit, as a gauge of how much fatter I had become. Maybe that sounds like an odd thing to do. Anyway, this particular set of stored clothes now fitting definitely has meaning to me.

Edited by Jingthing

I already am giving them to an old fat Thai man (indirectly). Second shipment. As many know, sourcing larger sized pants isn't very easy in Thailand.

It's a loaded decision to give up these kinds of clothes but I seriously doubt whether people toss them or not makes a heck of a lot of difference for long term success rates, either way.

I guess I never even considered tossing the smaller clothes I had stored. Double standard?

Occasionally I had tried them on, knowing they wouldn't fit, as a gauge of how much fatter I had become. Maybe that sounds like an odd thing to do. Anyway, this particular set of stored clothes now fitting definitely has meaning to me.

Not always, but sometimes keeping these too small clothes mount up a frustration that maybe one time triggers the start of a serious change.

Since 10 years I see a bright green trouser, which I wouldn't wear anyway (because I would look like a frog), but the fact that I can't wear it hurts me every day till I made the decision to change that. (after some half hearted attempts to eat less).

Well, they're all gone now, not even one backup pants garment, and now I'm not so sure it was a smart idea.

No, I haven't run out to eat a dozen donuts or anything, but thinking about having no "safety" pants has made me feel somewhat anxious. Probably not serious but it could have been avoided.

Live and learn.

Well, they're all gone now, not even one backup pants garment, and now I'm not so sure it was a smart idea.

No, I haven't run out to eat a dozen donuts or anything, but thinking about having no "safety" pants has made me feel somewhat anxious. Probably not serious but it could have been avoided.

Live and learn.

So no plan B, now plan A must work or you must run around naked...most probably causing spontaneous mass orgasm on the streets....

So forget about the donuts....

Live and learn.

So no plan B, now plan A must work or you must run around naked...most probably causing spontaneous mass orgasm on the streets....

I was joking about donuts. I haven't had a donut in decades. Not sure about mass orgasms but I can picture the police being interested.

Live and learn.

I was joking about donuts. I haven't had a donut in decades. Not sure about mass orgasms but I can picture the police being interested.

If the police catches you, you can consider yourself lucky.

What is if the local Katoy group catches you first?

Live and learn.

If the police catches you, you can consider yourself lucky.

What is if the local Katoy group catches you first?

No place for a wallet so I doubt I'd be a draw.