Xbox One BKk

skippybangkok

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a PC, seriously you might as well, I converted (back) to PC gaming a year ago and dont regret it at all, this current gen of consoles are so dull and not pushing the envelope at all, the PC I bought a YEAR ago is more powerful than the Xbone or PS4. There's barely any difference between them now apart from a few exclusives. These new consoles are always more expensive over here especially after launch so I wouldnt be surprised if its around the 20k region, you can get a pretty good PC rig thats just as powerful as them if not more for a little more than that.

Not sure the CPU power of a 20k PC could compare to the Xbox One. How does a PC graphic display on a 60" TV, the same ? I was already pretty impressed with the old xbox.

A decent PC rig would look better as the xbox one is only going to be pushing out 720p on many of it's games, which would be noticeable on a 60" TV.

But a decent PC rig is going to cost you more than 20,000B.

As for the PC debate, sure I love PC gaming more as the graphics are better and the modification scene is great. But sometimes you just want to play some exclusives.

I'll be getting a console eventually, but only after they have established a nice list of exclusives and the bugs have been worked out of them. I don't want to deal with a DOA xbox or PS4 in Thailand....

Not sure the CPU power of a 20k PC could compare to the Xbox One. How does a PC graphic display on a 60" TV, the same ? I was already pretty impressed with the old xbox.

I do want a good game PC system eventually, is still going to cost me around $3,000+

get a PC, seriously you might as well, I converted (back) to PC gaming a year ago and dont regret it at all, this current gen of consoles are so dull and not pushing the envelope at all, the PC I bought a YEAR ago is more powerful than the Xbone or PS4. There's barely any difference between them now apart from a few exclusives. These new consoles are always more expensive over here especially after launch so I wouldnt be surprised if its around the 20k region, you can get a pretty good PC rig thats just as powerful as them if not more for a little more than that.

PC's will always be better in terms of hardware and upgrade ability, consoles will never be able to touch them on either of those. The problem with PC gaming though is a good number of blockbuster games never make it to the PC and if your into sports games there is even less choice. Plus a console is so much easier to transport around than a gaming rig is, and it looks a whole lot better sitting in my entertainment center.

A decent PC rig would look better as the xbox one is only going to be pushing out 720p on many of it's games, which would be noticeable on a 60" TV.

As for the PC debate, sure I love PC gaming more as the graphics are better and the modification scene is great. But sometimes you just want to play some exclusives.

I'll be getting a console eventually, but only after they have established a nice list of exclusives and the bugs have been worked out of them. I don't want to deal with a DOA xbox or PS4 in Thailand....

Agree with you on this one. Given that Sony Thailand hasn't even acknowledged the PS4 exists yet I can only imagine what their tech support is going to be like for consoles that are DOA.

I think you would have a hard time to notice the difference between 720P and 1080P when playing a game

resolution_chart.png

Best and cheapest place in Bangkok with most shops to choose from is at "Saphan Lek" .

Use google map and you find it, it's not a shopping mall but a market built om top of the Rop Krong river.

Entrance and exit is in Charoen Krung Road and Yaowarat.

They sell all kinds of game consoles, Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo WII, PSP. And games who works on this consoles.

Difficult to find, no advertising or signs outside, it's kind of a black market for thai people.

Link to the market:

https://maps.google.no/maps/empw?url=https:%2F%2Fmaps.google.no%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3Dsaphan%2Blek%2Bbangkok%26aq%3D%26sll%3D61.143235,9.09668%26sspn%3D8.928218,26.784668%26vpsrc%3D6%26ie%3DUTF8%26hq%3Dsaphan%2Blek%26hnear%3DBangkok,%2BThailand%26ll%3D13.746795,100.503701%26spn%3D0.004377,0.006539%26t%3Dm%26z%3D14%26iwloc%3DA%26cid%3D4127389586591926333%26output%3Dembed&hl=en&gl=no

Not sure the CPU power of a 20k PC could compare to the Xbox One.   How does a PC graphic display on a 60" TV, the same ?   I was already pretty impressed with the old xbox.

I think you would have a hard time to notice the difference between 720P and 1080P when playing a game

Posted Image

I have seen a lot of charts in my life, but this one has got me utterly befuddled,,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

resolution_chart.png

I have seen a lot of charts in my life, but this one has got me utterly befuddled,,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Well some knifes in the drawer are sharper than the others, isn't it biggrin.png

Let me help you a little.

At about 7.5 Feet you would need a 45" panel to notice the benefits of 1080P over a 720P resolution.

But at 15 Feet you would need an about 82" screen to notice the benefits of 1080P over 720P, While you would only need a 55" to notice the benefits of 720P over 480P.

you know of one do you ? wai.gif

I guess i see where your coming from. if pixels close to each other, will not be able to tell apart. Can say having bought a new tv recently, same size, but more pixels / colour etc, the difference is stunning.

Can you also elaborate what was the resolution of the old tv and of the new one. If going from 480P to 1080P then it will indeed be a big improvement, but 720P > 1080P is difficult to discern with the human eye unless you look from very close distance or at a large screen.

i think was a 1080 too, but very old one, bought in 2005 i think. maybe old one just very old

Resolution is how the number of pixels are measured. A 1080p panels has always 1920 x 1080 pixels, old or new the same.

2005 was the year that the FIRST 1080p TV's were produced, I doubt it was available in Thailand at that time, and if it was available it would have been the price of a small car.

At that time they has HD-ready TV's which is not the same as a HD tv. A 480p panel can also be HD-ready, which means it can display 1080p content in 480p resolution.

What the graph means is that for a particular screen size:

Beyond a certain viewing distance, the perceived visual quality of all 4 resolutions appear to be the same.

Thus, for a 100" screen, you'd have a hard time telling the difference in quality between SD/HD/Full HD & 4K once you cross 30 feet.

Yep - was not cheap, but got steep discount as a friends buddy was a dealership

Very sure it's 1080 - even got a hdmi cable

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm quite confident that your previous panel was no 1080p, as the picture quality would not be significant different from your new one.

Same amount of pixels The colors however can have improved .

Why you not tell us the model number, 480p tv's also have hdmi connections.

In 2005 a 60" 1080p tv, anything smaller in size didn't exist in 1080p at that time, would have been way over 300.000 Baht.

you know of one do you ? wai.gif

I guess i see where your coming from. if pixels close to each other, will not be able to tell apart. Can say having bought a new tv recently, same size, but more pixels / colour etc, the difference is stunning.

Can you also elaborate what was the resolution of the old tv and of the new one. If going from 480P to 1080P then it will indeed be a big improvement, but 720P > 1080P is difficult to discern with the human eye unless you look from very close distance or at a large screen.

It is quite possible his new tv does look stunning compared to his old one. He could have bought an LED LCD which offers higher contrast levels. He could have splurged and bought one of the top of the line Samsung or Sony sets which when compared to a lower quality set the picture isn't even close to the same due to the advanced processors both companies have developed. Too much is made of 720p, 1080i, 1080p, UltadHD and 4k, those have become nothing more than marketing terms. There is so much more at play than resolution. Compare the black levels of a Samsung OLED (or better yet a Panasonic Plasma) to one of the numerous low budget LCD's and tell me you don't see a major difference.

Yep - was not cheap, but got steep discount as a friends buddy was a dealership

Very sure it's 1080 - even got a hdmi cable

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm quite confident that your previous panel was no 1080p, as the picture quality would not be significant different from your new one.

Same amount of pixels The colors however can have improved .

Why you not tell us the model number, 480p tv's also have hdmi connections.

In 2005 a 60" 1080p tv, anything smaller in size didn't exist in 1080p at that time, would have been way over 300.000 Baht.

Not that I am doubting you but when did 480p's have HDMI connections and what purpose did they serve? I am not saying your lying I just don't ever remember seeing them.

Archived